Help! What's your solution for Summertime vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavender1742

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Chesterfield,VA,USA
Ok I am trying to come up with some ideas for a mech and RBA/rda good for outdoor adventures with the family etc. prefer clones...I know gasp the horror....but the fact is if this thing is stolen, if it falls out of my pocket on a roller coaster, if I drop it on a pool etc I will be mad if I've spent a lot of money. I have various equipment but I'm a firm believer in backups for my backups. I just got my first mech and am having issues with the RDA. I suppose because I'm used to being able to set wattage, slap whatever I want on thier and get a pretty consistent vape. I also have an EHPRO kayfun but it seeps so I have to be too mindful of it. I want to be able to throw said setup in a beach bag, purse, saddlebag (motorcycle) or bookbag and not have to have it in eyesight at all times. How are you keeping them cool or has it not been an issue?

Anyway this is my first real vape summer so show me your setups if you can if not tell me about it! I'd like to see what you guys take out fishing, camping, hiking or whatever you do. Ladies what are you throwing in the bag when you take the kids to the pool, go to a barbecue or meet the girls at the beach for the day! I have a reo but some of my juices seem to taste better in a tank and I'm still working on my rm2/mech learning curve, I also have prebuilt drippers, rda's and MVP's but I'm thinking mech and rba is gonna be the better summer option.

please show or link pics if you can so I can get a better idea of what has worked for you!

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I've been contemplating the same thing, what to do for extended summer time outdoor fun. I use RDAs on mechs most all the time now, but would have make sure to keep mod, batteries, and juice as cool as possible.

I like the cigalike idea but those things do not give a good vape at all. Might try using these EGO batteries if I could find a decent vaping small tank that's not prone to leaking. Dunno, but will be watching out for good ideas from others.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

lavender1742

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Chesterfield,VA,USA
I take my Reo everywhere, no leaks, great vape, lasts all day, nearly indestructible. What more do you need? :)

I almost didn't put that I have one in the post because that's the reaction I get. If I can't get the user error under control soon I may not keep it. If so I may need an alternative. If I go away for more that a day I'm probably going to take more than one mod and as always a ton of juices lol

lavender1742

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Chesterfield,VA,USA
I've been contemplating the same thing, what to do for extended summer time outdoor fun. I use RDAs on mechs most all the time now, but would have make sure to keep mod, batteries, and juice as cool as possible.

I like the cigalike idea but those things do not give a good vape at all. Might try using these EGO batteries if I could find a decent vaping small tank that's not prone to leaking. Dunno, but will be watching out for good ideas from others.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
A cig alike just won't do it for me. I'm thinking for the day I need something's at least 1300 mah but probably an 18650 mod. I hear they came out with the aerotank type bases for the protank minis. That's what I got for my pt2's and it immediately fixed every problem I had with the protank, along with learning to rewick and coil them with cotton. I was lookin at maybe a kayfun mini or taifun gs clone for a topper

Last edited:

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
I use my Innokin V3 with an iclear 30B is my out-and-about setup. It doesn't leak and it works without having to mess with it when I'm doing things. I also keep it in a mini-mag flashlight holder velcro'd to the dash of the motorcycle. I vape at red lights or while riding where one hand permits. If I drop it I sure ain't going back for it and won't care a whole lot. I'm sure not risking my provari and a kayfun with that nonsense.

lryder71

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Nd
I just completed my summer time set up. I typically have my MVP2 with protank mini 2. For summer around the fire, ego twist vv, 2 x pro tanks (wanted something bigger so I wasn't needing to reload often) and a lanyard so my setup is close and won't get lost. I wasn't sure on the lanyard but works great for summer activities such as out fishing and setting around visiting.

lavender1742

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Chesterfield,VA,USA
You can use Youde/UD's inexpensive product lines rather than going the clone route.

Don't they make the IGO's? like igo-L igo-w 2 3 4 etc

I use my Innokin V3 with an iclear 30B is my out-and-about setup. It doesn't leak and it works without having to mess with it when I'm doing things. I also keep it in a mini-mag flashlight holder velcro'd to the dash of the motorcycle. I vape at red lights or while riding where one hand permits. If I drop it I sure ain't going back for it and won't care a whole lot. I'm sure not risking my provari and a kayfun with that nonsense.

I had one of those but I let my mom borrow it and never got it back. Im less concerned about dropping it on the back of the bike, although I did buy a rubber drip tip after I nearly knocked a tooth out. I am more concerned with water. Anything regulated water is going to kill it dead. A mech should dry out and fire, may need a new battery for safety and of course the juice in the tank would be ruined.
That was my thinking on it anyway. That's why I got the REO but I just cant get my juices to taste right in it. Im sure its user error but I pay a lot for my juice I don't want it tasting like crap all summer. I took one of my favorite fruit flavors (I don't like many) in it the other day and it was like vaping boiled fruit it was not good if that sounds good to you. It usually tastes like fresh fruit. I have the last of another fruity type flavor in it now to use it up and it just tastes hot and flat there is no complexity to it that I know is there. Anyway that's a story for my juice thread this is about hot weather equipment!

I just completed my summer time set up. I typically have my MVP2 with protank mini 2. For summer around the fire, ego twist vv, 2 x pro tanks (wanted something bigger so I wasn't needing to reload often) and a lanyard so my setup is close and won't get lost. I wasn't sure on the lanyard but works great for summer activities such as out fishing and setting around visiting.

I considered the ego twist route and just slapping a tiny dripper on there, it would be fairly tough and cheap, and I can carry a ucan really easily so I wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of a bottle leaking or maybe a kayfun mini, I really think it would hold enough juice for all day which is what I need. I just am scared its going to seep like my full size does. It doesn't quite leak per se but it seeps and one time juice got hot in it and I was holding it tipped and juice pored out of it, that would be awful 2 hours away from home without extra juice.

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
Yeah, they make the IGO's, AGA/AGT line of gennys, and also have their own line of mechs (called the UDT, I believe). The Ucan would probably be a good idea (it's just a metal canister that stores juice, right?)...I would count on any tank or dripper you take out there leaking at least a bit due to air pressure changes.

Also, why not take backup juice to keep in the vehicle while you're off doing activities?

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
If your EHPro KFL+ is leaking, it's very likely because you're doing something to upset the vacuum. I have several, and none of them leak.

I take an 18350 mech MOD and a nano-ized KFL+ v2 with me everywhere I go. It's small, I haven't spent too much in the event I lose it, and the KFL+ is rock solid if you learn how to respect the vacuum. It gets shuffled around in every position it can manage to get itself in to and my Kayfuns never leak.

Llanso

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Port Orange, FL, USA
Search results for: 'plastic bolt'

Cheap plastic mech mod. I haven't personally used these but for $8 I don't see how you can go wrong. Definitely won't cause a lot of heartache if it gets broken/stolen/lost. They only have two colors left in stock, but you can probably find them elsewhere in other colors. Then you'll just need your topper and a battery.

lavender1742

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Chesterfield,VA,USA
Yeah, they make the IGO's, AGA/AGT line of gennys, and also have their own line of mechs (called the UDT, I believe). The Ucan would probably be a good idea (it's just a metal canister that stores juice, right?)...I would count on any tank or dripper you take out there leaking at least a bit due to air pressure changes.

Also, why not take backup juice to keep in the vehicle while you're off doing activities?

I don't know how bad exposure to high heat for hours would be on my juices and my average cost is $15 per 30 ml (I buy them during sales!) but some where as much as $22 either way it would suck to loose it to an experiment, although I'm sure just because I juggle so much at once that this experiment will happen at some point anyway. I do intend to throw all that stuff in a cooler when it's an option.

lavender1742

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Chesterfield,VA,USA
If your EHPro KFL+ is leaking, it's very likely because you're doing something to upset the vacuum. I have several, and none of them leak.

I take an 18350 mech MOD and a nano-ized KFL+ v2 with me everywhere I go. It's small, I haven't spent too much in the event I lose it, and the KFL+ is rock solid if you learn how to respect the vacuum. It gets shuffled around in every position it can manage to get itself in to and my Kayfuns never leak.

Well kind sir please tell me how I can better respect the vacuum. The fill hole leaked from the time I bought so I plugged it but it's a temporary plug I think I could unplug it. So I've been using the top fill/bubble method. I thought hard about getting the nano kit just to see if it changes anything also because I prefer a less ml tank and the diameter of the full size looks better on everything just about compared to the mini that just good on stick batteries mostly

For work and outdoor rec i use a magneto in 18350 mode with a kayfun lite+ nano mode, durable, compact and its a tank rba so you dont have to refill a dripper constantly.

I considered this EXACT setup, too funny...great minds and all lol

Search results for: 'plastic bolt'

Cheap plastic mech mod. I haven't personally used these but for $8 I don't see how you can go wrong. Definitely won't cause a lot of heartache if it gets broken/stolen/lost. They only have two colors left in stock, but you can probably find them elsewhere in other colors. Then you'll just need your topper and a battery.

My understanding is the 510 connection falls off. I looked at that too

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
here's how i keep my stuff safe and dry... Cigar Caddy® - Elite Travel Cases

i have the smallest 2 cigar model and the larger 4 cigar model. waterproof to 100 feet. i believe you could run over it with a car (you try and tell me if it held up). i carry the small one everyday and use the big one as well to store extra batteries and juice in on a trip. i like the cooler idea, these would be perfect for that.

i also second the evod on a variable voltage while out on the lake etc. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread