Help with Ammit Dual-Coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I've had the Ammit Dual-Coil and Merlin Mini for a while now. Merlin Mini I think I've figured out - anything is good really but single coil vertical coils or stove tops work especially great.

The Ammit though...what is the airflow doing? It feels like something is missing no matter where I put the airflow ring..thing. Fully closed it still has this weird feeling like you're trying to pull the vapor to you. Open 1/4 it gets hot quite suddenly after a delay. Fully open it feels like inhaling loads of air before the vapor can reach.

Coil shaped coils of any sort are horrible, like they burn somewhere no matter how I try to position them and somehow miss the airflow. I've tried making a variety of odd-shaped things similar to stove tops initially but aiming to actually touch all the air holes, single and dual coil. Normal wire wont hold these shapes, claptons have ramp up problems, wicking is a nightmare...

Anyway..

Anyone with this (or the Kylin I think?) have any advice on making this device more enjoyable?

XRec C

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2017
Florida
What version of the Ammit Dual do you have? If you open the airflow all the way can you see straight thru to the other side? As far as coils....I load massive coils in mine. Like 4.25mm ID is the smallest all the way up to 6mm depending on the type of wire and coil. By doing this it completely fills the path of the airflow with coil. I also mount them as low as I can without shorting out. With that method my Ammit Dual is the most flavorful tank I own of its kind(direct lung)

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I can't see through the airflow to the other side at all, no. Was there a line of the product with a defective airflow portion then?

Could you take a picture of your coil for me? I will give it a go regardless tomorrow - I'm assuming Aliens/Juggernaut/Staples etc would be 4.25m, fused claptons around 5mm and standard wire (which I haven't used without twisting/braiding and/or as parallel wire for thicker coils) at 6mm?

XRec C

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2017
Florida
On the first version the airflow wasn't necessarily defective but they improved it by making each side independent. I'm actually not using my ammit at the moment. I've been squonking lately but I do love it. It's hands down my fav tank for flavor. I did manage to find an old pic of it coiled and maybe you can get the idea
IMAG0080_1_1_atc_1505783335352.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread