Status
Not open for further replies.

TakenALeft67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Va
I got a Bliss Titanium. It looks awesome and it should be able to vape as well for as good as it looks.

Problem is I'm getting that dreaded awful scorched metallic flavor.

im using 32 awg kanthal wire, with 5 wraps giving me 1.5 ohms. Im using 400 ss mesh, and its been very well oxidized.

No idea whats giving me this flavor, I messed with it a little bit (coil tightness, coil distances, mesh diameter, ect.) and I've gotten the flavor to dull slightly. (meaning I can vape it for a couple minutes before I get sick of the taste)

I couldn't see any machine oil in the Bliss when I got it, but just to be sure I washed it in warm water with dawn dish detergent.

Its working perfectly in terms of vapor production and throat hit, i mean it is intense and really takes me back to when I started vaping, but this metal, burnt taste is killing it for me.

I'm almost certain there is no chance its a hot spot, i've been testing all sorts of wicks with different times under the torch.

Any ideas? Am I missing something here? Any and all help is appreciated!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
sounds like its too hot. if its not a short or too hot could be the mesh is choking and then it gets too hot or shorting.

skip over to kanthal and around 32 ish and head over to the RBA forums for some tips and ideas....

i just went through this same headach with cheapo wire soon as i switched it was back to tasty goodness.

Zeybrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Ft. Gibson
Well, I got a bliss recently and it is my first Rebuildable, I made a wick that us slightly hollow but loose in the wick hole. It seems to perform fine as long as you have it mostly horizontal. As I get low in the tank I have to tilt it a bit, but not that much to keep juice flowing.

My problem was my V1 Provari and 30 gauge kanthal... I think I have like.. a 11/12 wrap on this thing? I finally got a coil to around 2.4 ohms... that was fun.. But today I got my 500 mesh and 34 gauge kanthal in. So I will see how that goes when I get home from work.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I just got a BliSS in the mail yesterday and i'm also having a bit of trouble with wicking. Has anybody else tried a hollow wick in their BliSS? I want to try it out but it goes against every bit of instinct i've learned since getting into RBA's...

I use a "tube like" wick in all of my atomizers. The BliSS needs to have a lot of room for "air return" for best performance IMO. I use a "hollow" wick and also roll the wick so it is very loose in the wick hole and mine works friggin awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread