Help with E Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
Hey guys, been vaping successfully for 4 days now on my realis from liberro, but now i hit my first issue !

I ordered the tin of 10 Johnston creek e liquid testers and while they look great in the tin and bottles etc I don't like any off them.

They taste sticky and heavy and to be honest they kind of all taste the same, it's like they are 99% the same with a mild favour added to them. They even smell kind of sticky . The carts shipped with my unit are fresher and lighter tasting. It's not that am not ready to try other favours etc it's the underlying favour of the Johnston creek I really dislike.

Is it just me or any one else share my view ?

I really like liberro.co.uk so am going to try their own liquid purity range any one liked the purity range and hated Johnston creek range ???

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
Hello and welcome!

I need a little more info to help you. Are you using cartomizers or an atomizer/cartridge combination? If you mix your flavors by putting the new one through the same atomizer or cartomizer without cleaning it first, you will get poor taste and they will taste very similar. Don't try to clean your gear without telling us exactly what gear you have and waiting for instructions.

vert1276

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
seattle
well I will probably get my head bitten off in here for saying this but.........I think Johnson creek and BWB(backwoods brew), are two juice venders that have, what some might call a "cult" flowing of their juices. But they are for sure an acquired taste to say the least. I compare people who vape these two venders juices, to people who drink Smokey Scotch from Islay Island region, and try to convince everyone it doesn't taste like burnt wood LOL. It's like their own special little club they are in if they vape these venders, and it's where all the "cool kids" hang out! Thats just my 2 cent though, Im sure the "cool kids" are gonna come on this thread and bite my head off LOL!

hisfattness

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
CT
Juices are verey person to person. Some like some that others don't. Also being newly off of real cigrattes it takes a while for you to get taste back. Also sometime the juices need to sit for a week or so when they are hand made juices. Look into the reviews section and if you are not a fan of the juices you have you can always try to trade them to someone else for other juices.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
well I will probably get my head bitten off in here for saying this but.........I think Johnson creek and BWB(backwoods brew), are two juice venders that have, what some might call a "cult" flowing of their juices. But they are for sure an acquired taste to say the least. I compare people who vape these two venders juices, to people who drink Smokey Scotch from Islay Island region, and try to convince everyone it doesn't taste like burnt wood LOL. It's like their own special little club they are in if they vape these venders, and it's where all the "cool kids" hang out! Thats just my 2 cent though, Im sure the "cool kids" are gonna come on this thread and bite my head off LOL!

I actually agree with you. I guess some people like strong over-powering flavors. I like more subtle flavors such as Janty and Liberty Flights.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado

BWB and JC do have a ton of fans and their juice might be top notch. I don't know and I can't say because I haven't tried either one. I DIY juice and on the rare occasion I'll order from VaporBomb and Gourmet Vapor. Not everyone is going to like juice from certain vendors and they certainly won't like every single juice they offer. It's just a personal preference that everyone has to determine for themselves. Period.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
cartomizer aka carto contains juice and a built in atomizer and screws on battery
cartridge aka cart pushes on an atomizer which screw on the battery

Carts can be clean, restuffed etc
Cartomizers are made to be disposable and the stuffing-filled kind are somewhere between difficult and impossible to clean reliably, especially the drying, and getting to work right again

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I think every vendor probably has their own unique base. I read a ton of reviews before ordering juice for someone that vapes tobacco flavors (I don't so it's hard to order for someone else).

I ended up ordering juice from Vapor Station. I'll try to find the reviews. They like the juice a lot. Good quality juice in glass dropper bottles that list all of the ingredients on the back.

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
Thanks dormouse they are cartomizers. However they are new empty ones. I quess an looking a cleaner not as heavy tobacco taste. anyway thank you are all your excellent replies, I'll just have to keep trying. Is there any view on which juice provides on of the best amount of vapor, I under stand that my e cig is not the best unit in the world but size is very important to me at this moment as I am used to 70mm cigs so even this step up is noticeable to me, I never smoked king size cigs so having the smallest unit was very important.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Here are reviews as far as Vapor Station goes.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquids/179140-vapor-station-tobacco-flavors.html

I believe this thread talks about their base.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquids/96851-ok-vapor-station-real-wow.html

PG is thinner, gives more TH. VG is thicker, makes the juice a little more subtle (maybe that's not a good description) and gives more vapor.

I stay in the 70pg/30vg range. That seems to work best for me and the cartomizers I use.

Last edited:

seantex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
I heard that VG gives you a lot more vapor production. Most people seem to get liquids with a blend of the two. Also when I first started I got a disposable e cig from a gas station and I noticed all the flavors pretty much tasted the same too. Give ti some time and the longer it has been since a real cig the more you will be able to taste the flavors. Took me a while too.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jonny2400 said, with regard to Johnson Creek and Red Oak e-juices, "Is it just me or any one else share my view ?"

I find them heavy and sticky, too. They're unusual flavors, that's for sure! They're also such strong flavors that I can't take them for more than a few drags in a row, then I have to put them down for a while. I'll load a cart with, say, six drops of Mandarin and have it last for several days before the polyester goes dry. None of them seems to be an "all day vape" for me.

Also, in contrast to most other e-juices, some of them leave room notes that are unpleasant to some never-smokers or quit-smokers. This quality sort of defeats one of the purposes of vaping, which is to not obnox the never- or quit-smokers. So, they're strictly a solitary vice for me.

With all that being said, I must say their e-juices seem to be crafted using very high quality flavors.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I have several small bottles of juice sitting around that you describe to a tee. They're from different vendors, and should be different flavors but they all smell and taste the same. Why? I wish I knew. I've been vaping them some for the last few days because I let myself run out of the good stuff and was stuck until my order came in from Madvapes today. Let me tell you, the vapor cloud over my head right now doesn't have a speck of those juices in it. It's all turkish blend and candy cane at the moment. :laugh: :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread