Help with eGo, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I was just discussing a recent eGo problem that I've had with another forum member with more experience. I said that I hadn't heard of anyone else that had the same problem. She said that neither had she.

A couple of weeks ago, I had just receive a new lot of cartomizers. And I noticed that some of them were too loose to go onto my eGo. They just wouldn't screw in. The first couple of cartomizers worked, but after that none of them did. I could still use my 510 attys on the eGo with carts so I didn't panic yet. Then, when I tried to charge the eGo, it wouldn't screw onto the charger. I hadn't had a problem before. The eGo would turn "freely" but when I would let go, it would usually fall off of the USB charger. Since I only had one other eGo at that point, I was starting to panic. I could use the 510 PT, but then I wouldn't be able to charge the remaining eGo. Someone in PIF graciously sent me a wall charger for the remaining eGo so that I could use the PT until I got another check. (for which I'm eternally grateful!!) The 1000mah wouldn't fit on that charger either. The next day, I was no longer able to get the atty to fit on the eGo. So, without atty or carto that would fit, even if I could get the eGo to charge partially, it was virtually useless. I have since added another 650mah to the "rotation", however, it seems a waste to let go of a 1000mah. The company that I ordered from in October, has a 14 day return policy! So, I'm hoping that maybe someone could take a look at it and see if they can find out what the problem is. Maybe? Has anyone ever had this problem before? With attys and cartos being too loose to fit on the eGo?

zadane

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Seattle Washington, United States
Sounds like the threads are stripped...

your only real bet of fixing that is to replace the whole connector...

i'm not an expert on the ego (or any model for that matter) but, if you have another dead battery that has good threads... and you are able to remove the threads from both batteries (without destroying the 1000mah battery) you could possibly fix it.

Last edited:

cobaltblue

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2010
A cabin in the woods and loving it
You could try a 510 extension.

If there is still enough threading maybe you could slightly glue in the connector on the sides (still allowing it to make contact on the bottom). If you try this make sure you glue sparingly and hold the batt up/connector down when you glue. Some type of filler on the sides may work as well.

If it works it would give you a new connector to use with your attys, cartos and to charge with as well. The downside is that you'd end up tossing the connector with the batt once it won't charge anymore (if you use glue).

GoodProphets has 510 extensions in their Adapter section for $0.99

Last edited:

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
If you try this make sure you glue sparingly and hold the batt up/connector down when you glue. Some type of filler on the sides may work as well.

If it works it would give you a new connector to use with your attys, cartos and to charge with as well. The downside is that you'd end up tossing the connector with the batt once it won't charge anymore (if you use glue).

Think GoodProphets has them for $0.99

I was thinking that maybe even just a small amount of plumber's tape wrapped around the battery threads may tighten up the fit. That way you could still get it off if it doesn't work.

KarrMcDebt

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Plumbers tape won't work. It needs a metal to metal connection for the electricity to flow. Glue will cause the same problem.

Only thing that might work is a very small strip of aluminum foil on one side of the threads.

The orriginal GLV (in aluminum) used to have the same issue, but they switched to brass threadding.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Sounds like the threads are stripped...

your only real bet of fixing that is to replace the whole connector...

i'm not an expert on the ego (or any model for that matter) but, if you have another dead battery that has good threads... and you are able to remove the threads from both batteries (without destroying the 1000mah battery) you could possibly fix it.

That's what I'm thinking the problem is. Unfortunately, I haven't been at this long enough to have a dead eGo. :(

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas

If there is still enough threading maybe you could slightly glue in the connector on the sides (still allowing it to make contact on the bottom). If you try this make sure you glue sparingly and hold the batt up/connector down when you glue. Some type of filler on the sides may work as well.

Thanks. Someone contacted me from PIF last night by PM and offered to look at it and do whatever you do when threads are stripped. I'll be glad to do whatever he wants me to do. I hate to see a 1000mah go to waste...

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

That was my suggestion too. Probably be worth trying?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks. Someone contacted me from PIF last night by PM and offered to look at it and do whatever you do when threads are stripped. I'll be glad to do whatever he wants me to do. I hate to see a 1000mah go to waste...

YAY! I knew that a good hearted PIF'er would help you.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Chim,I wish I had something extra I could send you.Maybe someone has a boxmmod or Xtra Ego batt kickin around.Join in on the Valentines Mod contest here in PIF,ya never know.Ill keep my big ears open for you.

I got all excited about the Valentine's Mod contest and found the thread. I'm already entered. (as of a few days ago. :laugh: ) I'm just hoping to win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread