Help with IPv4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure11

May 11, 2016
I just got my IPv4 mod today with a uwell crown tank that has a .15 ohm atomizer in it, and it worked great for about an hour, then it just stopped. Whenever I press the firing button, the ohms on the screen change around and don't drop below 8. It doesn't fire at all. It has no error messages and when I switch to joules mode, it says that my coils are dry. The tank works perfectly fine on my old mech mod. I'm also a noob so it might be something obvious I am missing. Please help.

Pure11

May 11, 2016
I just got my IPv4 mod today with a uwell crown tank that has a .15 ohm atomizer in it, and it worked great for about an hour, then it just stopped. Whenever I press the firing button, the ohms on the screen change around and don't drop below 8. It doesn't fire at all. It has no error messages and when I switch to joules mode, it says that my coils are dry. The tank works perfectly fine on my old mech mod. I'm also a noob so it might be somethingobvious I am missing. Please help.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Pure11. Glad to have you here!:)

The 0.15Ω coil is a NI200 coil and can only be run in temperature control mode. Nickel coils should never be run on a mech mod and should never be run in power/wattage mode.

If you are not familiar with temperature control (and how to set it up) go out and watch some youtube reviews. There are so many different TC mods and they all are a little different. I don't have an IPV4.

Last edited:

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
That 0.15ohm coil head is ni200. You HAVE to use this 0.15ohm coil in temperature mode. Do not use it in regular wattage mode (ie: power mode).

Swap the coils with either the 0.25ohm or 0.5ohm that also came with your crown.

[edit] I see that you created 2 posts with the same question and your first post was already answered.

Also I would throw away that 0.15ohm coil head. ni200 has a lower burning threshold than regular kanthal or stainless steel. If you fire it to a certain limit, the fumes that come out of that coil is not good to say to least.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!!!! DO NOT use that on your mech anymore! If it wont work on the regulated mod, find out why and fix it, but DO NOT use it on your mech anymore!!!!!!

Wow, that major part of info didn't even register with me. sawlight is right, please do not use that with your mech mod anymore.

Reactions: sawlight

Pure11

May 11, 2016
That 0.15ohm coil head is ni200. You HAVE to use this 0.15ohm coil in temperature mode. Do not use it in regular wattage mode (ie: power mode).

Swap the coils with either the 0.25ohm or 0.5ohm that also came with your crown.

[edit] I see that you created 2 posts with the same question and your first post was already answered.

Also I would throw away that 0.15ohm coil head. ni200 has a lower burning threshold than regular kanthal or stainless steel. If you fire it to a certain limit, the fumes that come out of that coil is not good to say to least.
Thanks for the help. I've switched coils and put it into wattage mode but still no luck. Now I have the .25 ohm coil on but the ohm reading on the mod still climbs up every time I press the firing button to between 7 and 8 ohms. It doesn't fire or anything. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread