The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help with juices!!! Please!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by the.quiet.rider, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. the.quiet.rider

the.quiet.rider Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    Ok so I recently bought an amazing set up. A KGo, and a bunch of cartomizers to go with it (because I wanted to try both the LR single coil and LR dual coils). The only issue that I have is that they vape really rough. The SR cartos that my kit came with aren't as rough, but I'm not getting much vapor production with them. I'm thinking that a different juice is the answer. Right now, all my juices are 70pg/30vg, 18mg nic. Would it help if I got a 60/40 blend? Do I need to drop the nicotine level?

2. dearme

dearme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Colorado
    What's the ohms on your cartos? If they are lower than 2.0, that could make for a harsh hit.

3. Renzuli

Renzuli Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2011
    North Las Vegas
    The nic. strength is solely dependant on your previous smoking habits . You may not need 18 , maybe only 12 mg . And more VG = more vapor . But don't get too much VG , or it won't work very well in your carto's . You may also want to try a few atomizers . both in LR , and in SR . You can just drip your jice 3 or 4 drops at a time , and order a few drip tips , if you don't already have some .

4. frosting

frosting Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2011
    Connecticut
    As mentioned too much VG won't be very good for your cartos. I wouldn't personally go to 60pg/40vg. Beyond 33% I don't and I only do 33% when it's made by a particular vendor I like. I make my own juice at 75 PG/ 25 VG. A 2.0 carto may solve the issue for you. You could also try 3.0, but that will be a very "cooling" hit as opposed to where you are now.

It may just be learning curve. A different juice could solve the issue too. Cotton Candy tends to be a really smooth juice that isn't too harsh to me. Same for vapes like Strawberry, and some creams. Couldn't hurt to pick up 2,3 samples from a couple new vendors. Might find other people make their juices in different ways that's more tolerable for your body.

5. Warren D. Lockaby

Warren D. Lockaby Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2011
    South Carolina, USA
    Also be aware that vaping technique is quite different from smoking a cigarette, rather more like puffing a good cigar or pipe (though not precisely that either). For best results you'll need to experiment, but I like to push the button a couple seconds before I begin my draw to preheat the atty. Then I take a slow draw to get a comfortable mouthful of vapor, *releasing the button* maybe 3 seconds or so into the draw. I hold the vapor for a moment, then slowly inhale, allowing air to enter nose & mouth to mix with the vapor & smooth it out, followed by exhaling through my nose.

For me this process involves metering the amount of air I allow to be mixed with the vapor upon inhaling, and with a bit of experimentation it becomes sort of second nature to me. The amount varies with different liquids, carto/atty resistance, voltage, etc. so I try to pay particular attention to how the vapor *feels*, take it slowly and meter the air accordingly.

Hope this helps... Happy Vaping! :vapor:

6. Barry Badrinath

Barry Badrinath Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2009
    New Jersey
    So on the nicotine level subject, is 18mg really that much harsher then 12mg?

7. sandybeach

sandybeach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    Yes it is.

To the original poster; I really like the dual coil cartos on a Kgo. The 1.5 are good, 1.25 are great. 18 mg. proved to be too high for me. 12 mg. was my happy place. What mg are you using? And what juices?

8. vjc4

vjc4 Full Member

Mar 1, 2012
    U.S.A
    everybody is different i think.unfortunately you usually have to try many different juices before you find your favorites.mine is 24mg vanilla cream custard. (nhaler)

9. Fringeoflunacy

Fringeoflunacy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2012
    Iowa
    I honestly don't notice that much difference between nic levels. I mean if you're comparing 0mg vs 24mg, then yes, there is a big difference. But comparing the same flavor at 12mg vs 18mg, or 18mg vs 24mg, I don't notice much difference. For me, the balance of PG and VG makes way more difference in harshness. As always though, it's different for everyone.

10. Barry Badrinath

Barry Badrinath Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2009
    New Jersey
    So question... If I'm going to be vaping mainly 12 and 18mg, do you guys suggest I get a bottle of what I plan to vape at night in 6mg so I'm not bouncing off the walls and can go to sleep, or is the 12mg probably fine?

I know it's subjective from person to person, but just as an in general?

11. Fringeoflunacy

Fringeoflunacy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2012
    Iowa
    I'd say try the 12 mg and then if you have trouble sleeping get something lower. I don't use a lower strength at night, but I know a lot of people do.

12. coffeevapergirl

coffeevapergirl Full Member

Jan 21, 2012
    pennsylvania
    vaporRenu allows you to customize your ejuice very well. Also, I found BackWoodsBrew to be a great ejuice store.

13. mupuinen

mupuinen Full Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Finland
    My problem was the same, throat hit was too harsh. Lowering nicotine levels helped a lot. I first used 24 mg and now I´m using 16 mg or lower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.