Help with juices!!! Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.quiet.rider

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
Sheffield Lake
Ok so I recently bought an amazing set up. A KGo, and a bunch of cartomizers to go with it (because I wanted to try both the LR single coil and LR dual coils). The only issue that I have is that they vape really rough. The SR cartos that my kit came with aren't as rough, but I'm not getting much vapor production with them. I'm thinking that a different juice is the answer. Right now, all my juices are 70pg/30vg, 18mg nic. Would it help if I got a 60/40 blend? Do I need to drop the nicotine level?

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
The nic. strength is solely dependant on your previous smoking habits . You may not need 18 , maybe only 12 mg . And more VG = more vapor . But don't get too much VG , or it won't work very well in your carto's . You may also want to try a few atomizers . both in LR , and in SR . You can just drip your jice 3 or 4 drops at a time , and order a few drip tips , if you don't already have some .

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
As mentioned too much VG won't be very good for your cartos. I wouldn't personally go to 60pg/40vg. Beyond 33% I don't and I only do 33% when it's made by a particular vendor I like. I make my own juice at 75 PG/ 25 VG. A 2.0 carto may solve the issue for you. You could also try 3.0, but that will be a very "cooling" hit as opposed to where you are now.

It may just be learning curve. A different juice could solve the issue too. Cotton Candy tends to be a really smooth juice that isn't too harsh to me. Same for vapes like Strawberry, and some creams. Couldn't hurt to pick up 2,3 samples from a couple new vendors. Might find other people make their juices in different ways that's more tolerable for your body.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Also be aware that vaping technique is quite different from smoking a cigarette, rather more like puffing a good cigar or pipe (though not precisely that either). For best results you'll need to experiment, but I like to push the button a couple seconds before I begin my draw to preheat the atty. Then I take a slow draw to get a comfortable mouthful of vapor, *releasing the button* maybe 3 seconds or so into the draw. I hold the vapor for a moment, then slowly inhale, allowing air to enter nose & mouth to mix with the vapor & smooth it out, followed by exhaling through my nose.

For me this process involves metering the amount of air I allow to be mixed with the vapor upon inhaling, and with a bit of experimentation it becomes sort of second nature to me. The amount varies with different liquids, carto/atty resistance, voltage, etc. so I try to pay particular attention to how the vapor *feels*, take it slowly and meter the air accordingly.

Hope this helps... Happy Vaping! :vapor:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
So on the nicotine level subject, is 18mg really that much harsher then 12mg?
Yes it is.

To the original poster; I really like the dual coil cartos on a Kgo. The 1.5 are good, 1.25 are great. 18 mg. proved to be too high for me. 12 mg. was my happy place. What mg are you using? And what juices?

Fringeoflunacy

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Iowa
So on the nicotine level subject, is 18mg really that much harsher then 12mg?

I honestly don't notice that much difference between nic levels. I mean if you're comparing 0mg vs 24mg, then yes, there is a big difference. But comparing the same flavor at 12mg vs 18mg, or 18mg vs 24mg, I don't notice much difference. For me, the balance of PG and VG makes way more difference in harshness. As always though, it's different for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread