Still confused!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.quiet.rider

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
Sheffield Lake
Ok so I recently bought an amazing set up. A KGo, and a bunch of cartomizers to go with it (because I wanted to try both the LR single coil and LR dual coils).

The only issue that I have is that they vape really rough. The SR cartos that my kit came with aren't as rough, but I'm not getting much vapor production with them. I'm thinking that a different juice is the answer.

Right now, all my juices are 70pg/30vg, 18mg nic.

Would it help if I got a 60/40 blend? Do I need to drop the nicotine level?

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Get a bottle of VG. Put some of your juice in a carto cap, add a couple drops of VG and fill your carto. If you like it better, you know to order lower nicotine next time as well as higher VG.

Or it could simply be that you don't like that particular juice from that vendor. But try the VG first.

Zodas

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
columbus ohio
I vape 24mg and I dont have an issue with harshness...its mostly dependent on the juice IMO.

I mean nic level will affect TH and strength...but its not like 18mg is so high its unvapeable.

It also might be an issue with just getting used to LR. Vaping in general was harsh to me at first...then I got used to it. I went up in voltage and it got harsher...but then I got used to it as well. I dropped down to 1.5 LR...rinse and repeat.

Just give it some time...it will level out.

Fringeoflunacy

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Iowa
If you use a juice vendor that offers a lot of PG/VG level options (Viking Vapor is good for this), then I would suggest trying a couple small bottles of a flavor you like in various PG/VG blends. For example get one at 70/30, one at 60/40, and one at 50/50. If you get them all in the same flavor and nic strength then you can easily compare the difference that more or less VG makes. Diluting a juice you already have with more VG works too, but that will affect both the nic level and PG/VG level and will be harder to tell which is affecting you more. I think PG/VG levels affect harshness more than nic level does, but that's just my opinion.

I personally like between 12 - 18mg in either 50/50 or 60/40, I can do 70/30 if that's all a vendor offers, but I definitely notice a difference. Everyone has different preferences though, so just keep experimenting until you find what works for you. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread