Help with manual passthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickyvap

Nov 10, 2010
Syracuse, NY
I bought a 2 amp Ac to USB adapter, then hooked it up to a manual dse 901 passthrough and then put an atomizer on from an automatic dse 901.

The dse 901 passthrough works (light turns on) when I press the button but the atomizer is not working.

Is this because I am using an atomizer from an automatic dse 901, should I be using an atomizer from a manual dse 901 or some other reason?

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I don't use a 901 but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an 901 automatic atty. Its the battery that has the auto circuitry. If the atty works on a battery and not on the PT then either the PT has a battery that needs charging, or the PT is either defective or not getting power from the power adapter. If you have a multimeter you can test the circuits to see where your problem lies.

Mickyvap

Nov 10, 2010
Syracuse, NY
I just tried the atomizer in its normal automatic battery and isnt working hear either, it worked the last time I used it a few days ago. I'm wondering if it already died (its about 8 weeks old). Is it possible that the passthrough could have over powered it and killed it? I dont have anymore atomizers to test it.

Last edited:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
It is indeed possible that it was the last straw for an already dying atomizer. It is really hard to tell in that case. If you have any cartos you could try the PT with one of them or you could test continuity on the PT. If it is a 5V pt and you are using LR atties it could have blown it, but as you said it was an old atty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread