help with new box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullsleeve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
nj
so I purchased a vmod a few weeks ago and so far love the whole bottom feeding concept. its just so convenient and im hooked on bottom feeder mods. naturally being a vaper im addicted to devices so id like to step up to the next level of box mods. two most popular choices seem to be the reo and the bogger. either one would be a mini, I just find the small size to be more convienent. who has experience with both and which would you recommend? I love the look of the bogger but I like the durability of the reo. im kinda stuck, help!

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
I don't have a bogger because I like metal but you can do what i did and read and ask questions in the forums to find out more about the mods. I have a link in my sig for REO it is a great forum and questions are welcomed!

btw reo comes in many colors/textures/styles. Some are smooth to hold and some have textures. I am getting a metallic red or purple next because they sparkle :)

here is some pictures of the different REO mods.http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...photos-reo-descriptions-comparisons-more.html

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hey full sleeve, here's a link to little thread that contains a compilation of information you may find helpful about REOsmods.

REOs Mods - Helpful Links to Get You Started
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10189824

You probably couldn't go wrong with either of the bottom feed mods your considering, I happen to favor and highly recommend REOsmods. In no small part due to the support and vibrance of the REOsmods forum here on ECF and the hands on participation by the maker of the mods.

Please drop in and feel free to ask any questions you may have :)
Here's a link:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/

fullsleeve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
nj
well, after researching and reading for the past 6 hours, iv settled on the reo. now I just have to decide 2.1 or grand. I have a vmod 2.0 right now and I love the size. the 4ml bottle gets me through basically my whole work day plus an hour or 2. I keep hearing the grand isn't as big as people think it is, but I really do like the tiny size of my vmod which is why im leaning towards the 2.1, I just don't want to regret getting something too small.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
well, after researching and reading for the past 6 hours, iv settled on the reo. now I just have to decide 2.1 or grand. I have a vmod 2.0 right now and I love the size. the 4ml bottle gets me through basically my whole work day plus an hour or 2. I keep hearing the grand isn't as big as people think it is, but I really do like the tiny size of my vmod which is why im leaning towards the 2.1, I just don't want to regret getting something too small.

Congrats full sleeve. Good choice bro. Either model is built to please. Having had both grands and minis, I prefer and now roll grands. They're allot smaller than you imagine. See you in REOvill bro :)

technicianx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Paducah, Kentucky

Great Choice! Certainly one you won't regret.:cool:

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States

Right on, fullsleeve. I don't know if you'll like it more or less than you would a Bogger. Either way I am quite certain you'll love it :)

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Look at a VV Reo Grande or the VV Bogger or DNA20D Bogger.

I owned a Reo Grand and was unhappy with the conductivity. It is controversial subject, so I can
only suggest that you check into it thoroughly.

I found around a 1.0 Vdrop on a .5 Ohm Atomizer. Reo Fans say that it vapes fine at this level. I found it cool for my setup.
Others are claiming that my result is not accurate. [They could be right]
They are claiming only a .6 V-Drop

We all agree that the V-Drop for Reo is not significant on higher Ohm atomizers. But if you are buying to use with
above 1 Ohm Atomizer than a VV Reo or Bogger Box will provide superior performance. [Arguably]

My VV Bogger Box does 23 Watts but is not civilized. My DNA20D does 20 Watts Civilized. The VV Reo Grand does 15 Watts. [Have not owned one]
All Bogger Box have 1 year Warranty. Reo Grand has 1 Year Warranty but VV Reo Grand has 6 months on the electronics [Fine Print]. I have not owned a regular Bogger Box so I can't comment on it. I am very happy with both my VV Bogger Box and my DNA20D Bogger Box.

If you buy the Reo Grand be prepared to make Micro Coils, the Reo Experts feel that Micro Coils are suggested to get the best vape out of the Reo.

REO Fans be civil do not flame this post. Both sides have been represented equally.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

If you buy the Reo Grand be prepared to make Micro Coils, the Reo Experts feel that Micro Coils are suggested to get the best vape out of the Reo.

I'd like to state that many REO users do not use micro coils. I'd add that most REO users were (and are) very happily vaping from "standard" coil configurations before I even knew what an RBA was :)

From the literally 10's of thousands of posts I have read in all forums on ECF and Reddit, not one REO user has ever complained of insufficient power or ability to power any coil configuration that they build or have I heard of any complaints (except for yours) about voltage drop :)

Micro coils have become the latest rage, people are noticing, making videos, its blowing up in other forums - it's worldwide, but I observe (as the creator of the original micro coil thread) largest percentage of micro coil users are the tube modders and drippers and even genesis aficionados. They benefit any type of RBA application by more efficiently heating the coil with less power demand and consumption.

Think micro coil = modern turbo V6
"Standard" coil = 1960's big block V8. :)

Last edited:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
If you buy the Reo Grand want to experience the best vape you never thought you'd have regardless what mod or atomizer you use be prepared to make Micro Coils, the Reo Experts lots of people feel that Micro Coils are suggested to get the best vape out of the Reo.

I fixed it for you

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
well I got my reo shipping confirmation and I ordered a cyclone rba to go with it since the rm2 was out of stock. im freakin pumped! ive been reading rba and micro coil threads until my eyes hurt the past couple days. I have a lake front piece of property in reoville just waiting for me :)

Excellent! Best of luck with it. I'll close this now.

When you get it, be sure to post in the Reo Forum. Lots of very helpful and supportive people.

Reos Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread