Status
Not open for further replies.

secutorum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Morning all,

I'm not a new vaper, but I've been living in the land of ProVari luxury. I'd now like to add a new box mod to my toybox that will allow me to subohm on a dripper, while still letting me use my aerotanks and nautilus tanks. I'd like something with either a built in battery, or a single 18650 (preferred). I'm confused on a major point: step down.

Maybe I'm just used to the ProVari and want to take this feature for granted. But I'd like to be able to tune the voltage/wattage down below what the battery is at. For example, I'm using a 1.8 ohm coil, but a lot of juices i like seem sensitive to heat, and so I set them at 3.4 or 3.5 volts. With lower resistance coils (1.2 etc), I may need to drop it to 3.1 or 3.2 volts.

The box mods I'm looking at are:

IPV mini 2 70W
smok M65/M80
Sigelei 50W

Any suggestions or can anyone with hands on experience verify step down on these mods?

Once again my wants are:

Box Mod 40-80 watts
Built in battery or single 18650(preferred)
step down

Thanks in advance!

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
SX Mini and thank me later.

60W, has step down, single 18650. A version with temperature control is coming out in March if that interests you. If not go with the current version.

Edited to add: the price point of the SX Mini ($189 and the price is controlled by Yihi who manufacture it so you won't get a cheaper price) considerably higher than the three you listed but it is well worth it.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
You need to look at the mods specs to see if it has step down.

For example, if it shows 2-7.5V, it can step down to 2V. If it shows 4-8V then 4V is the lowest it can output until the battery is lower than 4V.

For the Sigelei 50W, its 3.6-8.5V so it can step down to 3.6V.

The ipv mini II shows the same specs, which isn't surprising since they use the same chip.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
The SX is a good mod, but after getting my Sigelei 50W I sold my SX. I just didn't use it anymore. FOR ME the Sigelei 50 is outstanding in every aspect. I wouldn't change a thing about it!

I'm curious why you prefer the Sigelei to the SXMini. The SXMini has been one of the best vape experiences I've come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread