help with rda please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mullenexd

May 19, 2015
im running a ipv mini 2 i have a sparkle bullet rda on my ipv mini 2 but at first it was running fine but now my ecig is ....ed up and im about to get a exchange from vapordna for it and now when i put my rda on the ipv and i just remade the coil and remade my cotton wick just like i normally do dual coils it taste burnt every single time no matter what i've wasted so much juice trying to figure it out and a single macro coil it taste fine and then 1 hit later it vapes nothing but like the coil and it burns the .... out of my throat and i look at the wick and its still full of juice?

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
im running a ipv mini 2 i have a sparkle bullet rda on my ipv mini 2 but at first it was running fine but now my ecig is ****ed up and im about to get a exchange from vapordna for it and now when i put my rda on the ipv and i just remade the coil and remade my cotton wick just like i normally do dual coils it taste burnt every single time no matter what i've wasted so much juice trying to figure it out and a single macro coil it taste fine and then 1 hit later it vapes nothing but like the coil and it burns the **** out of my throat and i look at the wick and its still full of juice?
Your device may be firing higher than its reading. Or you could be starting too high. I always fire my new coils at a low wattage to allow for break in time. What are you firing it at?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:facepalm: MY EYES!! Please use punctuation marks to end sentences.

Can you post a pic of your coils?

What is the ohm rating of the coils? What wattage/voltage are you using?

Does the coil glow from inside-out when you pulse burn it without the wick? You may have a short in the coil or the legs of the coil. Do the coil legs glow? Make sure there is no part of the wire touching the RDA base or top cap, but only touching the posts.

Reactions: Firestorm

mullenexd

May 19, 2015
i don't have the coils in right now im vapeing on a regular kangertech atm because it was burning my throat and i was useing my coils @ .3 ohms at 25 watts but i wasn't getting much smoke so i took it up too 45 watts hits fine but then that all started happening and i make it glow from inside out before i wick it and i tight them together and the coil legs glow also

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
0.3 ohms might be too low resistance for you. I personally can't stand any resistance less than 0.5 ohm as it is too warm/harsh for my tastes. 0.2 ohms can make a lot of difference when sub-ohming.

By "touching the RDA base", I mean make sure the actual coil is not touching the bottom well of the RDA base. This can cause a short.

mullenexd

May 19, 2015
0.3 ohms might be too low resistance for you. I personally can't stand any resistance less than 0.5 ohm as it is too warm/harsh for my tastes. 0.2 ohms can make a lot of difference when sub-ohming.

By "touching the RDA base", I mean make sure the actual coil is not touching the bottom well of the RDA base. This can cause a short.
How many wraps should I do for 22 or 24 gauge wire

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How many wraps should I do for 22 or 24 gauge wire
Use a coil calculator to figure this out. Plug in the data (don't forget to add the coil diameter) and then click calculate.

Coil Wrapping Calculator

Always measure the finished coil with a digital multimeter or on a box ohm reader prior to firing the coil to insure the resistance is within range of the battery's amp limit. In other words, don't trust the calculator or someone's advice.

Reactions: NealBJr

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
i don't have the coils in right now im vapeing on a regular kangertech atm because it was burning my throat and i was useing my coils @ .3 ohms at 25 watts but i wasn't getting much smoke so i took it up too 45 watts hits fine but then that all started happening and i make it glow from inside out before i wick it and i tight them together and the coil legs glow also
Coil legs should not be glowing. You don't want a hot leg. Bad news bears.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread