help with Smoktech 510 DCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
10 drops likely wasn't near enough to prep the cartomizer. Simply waiting will not pull more juice into the cartomizer, generally speaking.

When prepping the cartomizer with juice, there needs to be enough juice added so that the polyfill looks like a slushy drink. To avoid getting any juice into the center air hole accidentally, half of a broken wooden tooth pic placed in the air hole will prevent any juice getting in it and result in flooding.

If you try to vape on a carto that doesn't have enough juice in it, you can easily burn the polyfill that results in a burnt taste (plastic?). Once this happens, the carto is ruined, you'll never get that taste out. Discard that carto and fill a new one correctly.

Juice won't just move by itself from the tank into the carto without some vacumm created by sucking on your device. The vacumm in the tank will be replaced by air, confirmed by a small air bubble coming out of one of the holes into the juice in the tank. Watch for this while vaping in front of a mirror, as it can happen so fast that you might miss it otherwise.

Using a carto tank for the first time is usually a trial and error experience. Most of us experienced the same thing. You'll get the hang of it. :thumb:

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
to keep my carto in my carto tank wet, i need to periodically unscrew the tank, plug the bottom hole with my finger, and suck air through aka dry hit. i see a rush of tiny bubbles. doing the several times wets the carto pretty nicely. its not much easier than say filling a regular carto by hand, so to be honest im not sure why i even use the thing :laugh:

Blaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Syracuse, New York, United States
Yes I also do the same thing as kemosabe, specially on a fresh carto. Plug the bottom hole on the carto and keep pulling thru the drip tip till you see the juice reach the top of the poly fill. Just be careful because of you over draw and juice goes down the middle hole you will flood it

Whistles

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Hutchinson
I've started to syringe fill my fresh cartos.

For Smoktek's I take 1.2 mls drawn into a syringe (In Mn we are allowed to have bevel tipped needles so this helps) I stick the syringe down to the bottom insert .5 ml's, pull up half way and insert the rest. Make sure the air tube is clear and then fill the tank. Since going to this method I havn't burnt a single tank carto with start up.

*Put the carto in the tank before you fill so if any comes out the holes you won't loose it, also I pull up after the first .5 ml's so the juice full wets the coils instead of taking the easy route out the holes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread