The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

Help with the Cool flavor!!

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by kdcaines, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kdcaines

kdcaines Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    I am trying to create a juice that tastes like the cool cartomizers. I have tons of empty cool carts I want to refill, and plain menthol is not doing it for me. I figure it’s got to be a combination of a tobacco flavor and menthol or mint. I have tried Cowboy/menthol, Parliament/menthol, and 555/menthol, none of them taste like the Cool flavor I love!!!! :confused:
    Anyone have any ideas?? Or maybe Steve, Mark, or Leaford could enlighten me!!!

2. kc0cmp

kc0cmp Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2009
    Harlingen TX. USA
    Damnit, now I *have* to try the other menthol flavors :|

I also noted a distinct lack of refilling liquids for some of the less mainstream flavors.

Parliament is a real winner, never considered mixing menthol in it..but its second only to marl in the tobacco flavors (cowboy lol hate that name) in my opinion...and some days it's not second.

3. kdcaines

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    I alway add a few drops of menthol to the tobacco flavors I get. I like them, but they just don't live up to the Cool tastes for me!!

by the way....have you done anymore videos lately?? Your vids introduced me to e-cigs!!! thank for that :D

4. NekoGurrl

NekoGurrl Super Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2009
    Muskego, WI
    I like a tobacco flavor based menthol also, and the mix I have been using has Camel as the base, then adding menthol to it. Not crazy about Camel alone but it does make a great base. Just got a 5ml of VK's menthol and will try that the next time I mix, just have to use up 60ml of my last mix first:rolleyes:.

5. kdcaines

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    Oh, just want to specify....it is the "V4L Cool" cartomizer flavor I am trying to recreate. :D

6. Fiberweaver

Fiberweaver Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2009
    IL
    I hope you find it because Cool is one of my favorite vapes and I have a lot of carts sitting here too. The base has to be 555 it is the menthol that I can't nail down. You can taste the 555 in the background.

Now I did do a really stupid thing and used a 20 ml bottle of 555 on 2 half used carts OMG it tasted like dirt. It was the bottle of juice not the mix. So I am going to get some 5 ML bottles and try again. My thinking is the menthol will be somewhat less but still have some of the taste. Or have you done that already and I shouldn't waste my time or money?

7. kdcaines

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    What I did, was add about 6 drops of menthol juice (20 ml bottle) to a partially vaped 555 carto. It was ok, but not the same as cool. IMO

8. jasimons1

jasimons1 Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
    Huntsville, Al
    I tried the same thing with Hilton and 555 juice to get a cowboy menthol flavor but although not bad it just was not the same.

So not to change the original thread if you can send a recipe for cowboy menthold it would be appreciated.

9. leaford

leaford Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Well, I don't know about re-creating the Cool flavor, but we will be getting the Cool liquid back in stock in this next order. Maybe 2-3 more weeks before it's on the shelves.

10. kdcaines

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    Awesome!! Thanks leaford, I didn't know that they ever carried the Cool liquid...never saw it before!:thumb:

11. dohsma

dohsma Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2009
    WI, USA
    We have not had the Cool liquid previously :D but I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival as well. Cool is my favorite flavor hands down.

12. bornagainst

bornagainst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    SUPER STOKED to hear this news Mark!

13. kdcaines

Sep 23, 2009
    Manchester, NH
    By far my favorite as well!!!!! Soooo looking forward to the juice!! :w00t:
    Thanks Mark :thumb:

14. rp_iowa

rp_iowa Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    I have 4 new Cool 18's that I would certainly be willing to trade for almost anything else. I got these in my first order and it is the only flavor I have tried so far that I just cannot handle at all. I was previously a Marlboro Menthol smoker and have tried the mint, menthol and CB menthol (like them all) but there is something about the flavor of the Cools that make me want to gag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.