Help with vv box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mart123

Verified Member
Hi all. Just after alittle help please.
I have made a couple of torch mods and now wanting to make a vv box mod. I have the madvape vv regulator and was wondering if it has to use 2 18650s or if it can use 1?
I would like to use only 1 but all the vv box mods I've seen use 2 18650s or 2 14500s.

Thanks in advance.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
It is a step-down regulator. You have to use 2- 3.7v batteries in series for it's use. In my experience, if you use this regulator circuit with 2-18650s, you will hav a very large boxmod. You can save some real estate by using 18500s or 18350s or 16340s, but you sacrifice battery capacity, the smaller you go.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Significantly different reg with more consistency would be the DNA 12 from evovlvapor.com. It is variable wattage (heat). I have given-up on VV since the DNA 12 came out. It's not cheap, but totally worth it IMO. It has a tiny footprint. It boosts voltage/amps from a single high-drain IMR/Hybrid li-on. It produces up to 15W of heat. It's all I use, now. I have a A7 RBA on my DNA 12-equipped bottomfed box with micorUSB charging. All-day, consistent vapor!

See for yourself: Our Products « Evolv

Don't forget to add the microUSB charger!

I use the Panasonic CGR18650CH for best results.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Watts are equivalent to the heat that you sense from the vapor. Let's say you like 2ohm cartos on 4.5volts. That works out to 9 watts. With the DNA 12, you could have the setting at 9watts and switch to a 3ohm carto/atty and it will produce the same 9 watts. As it is variable via a potentiometer, you can up your watts as you feel the need/want, but it's consistent from start to finish, regardless of what you have attached. It's especially nice for me, as I use a RBA on my mod, so I don't really have to measure resistance of my coil. I can wrap different coils and the vapor is the same temp whether I have 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 wraps of the coil.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Watts are equivalent to the heat that you sense from the vapor. Let's say you like 2ohm cartos on 4.5volts. That works out to 9 watts. With the DNA 12, you could have the setting at 9watts and switch to a 3ohm carto/atty and it will produce the same 9 watts. As it is variable via a potentiometer, you can up your watts as you feel the need/want, but it's consistent from start to finish, regardless of what you have attached. It's especially nice for me, as I use a RBA on my mod, so I don't really have to measure resistance of my coil. I can wrap different coils and the vapor is the same temp whether I have 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 wraps of the coil.

I beg to differ with you but 9 watts off of 3 wraps is not the same as 9 watts off of 7 wraps of the same wire. On 3 wraps the wire is much hotter to produce 9 watts than when the 9 watts is spread out over 7 wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread