Help with Youtube Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

blur92

Mar 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, I've come here for help with my boyfriend's Youtube channel. I'm sorry if this is a bother to anyone. However, he has recently been down, and so I thought some activity on his channel would be a pick-me-up. I have spent the past couple weeks trying to bring attention to his channel. It would be extremely appreciated if you could check out his videos and subscribe. Any feedback would be a big help. He is new to making Youtube videos so there is room for improvement yet. His channel is BrokeBallerVapes. So far he's done reviews for the Vapor Shark RDNA 40 v2 with a Kanger subtank, the Subohm Silver Play, Fogatti T22, Vuse cigalike, and Clouds of Hope juice. Thank you.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Howdy, welcome to the ECF. I hooked him up with some likes and a subscription.

That said: (and I don't mean to be negative) YouTube is currently over-saturated with vape-related videos. It's gonna be very hard to get a lot of subscribers/likes/attention when compared to the big names out there who receive tons of free stuff for purpose of review and already have a large following. Either way, as someone who embarked on a YouTube journey about 6 or 7 years ago (I made it up to ~1000 subscribers, then I got bored and lost my fanbase), I wish him the best of luck. YouTube can present a minefield of problems for someone just trying to get their videos out there (copyright, content, botters, etc.)..

blur92

Mar 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
Howdy, welcome to the ECF. I hooked him up with some likes and a subscription.

That said: (and I don't mean to be negative) YouTube is currently over-saturated with vape-related videos. It's gonna be very hard to get a lot of subscribers/likes/attention when compared to the big names out there who receive tons of free stuff for purpose of review and already have a large following. Either way, as someone who embarked on a YouTube journey about 6 or 7 years ago (I made it up to ~1000 subscribers, then I got bored and lost my fanbase), I wish him the best of luck. YouTube can present a minefield of problems for someone just trying to get their videos out there (copyright, content, botters, etc.)..

Thank you so much! Again, it's greatly appreciated. What is your channel? I'll subscribe. I'm hoping down the line it'll be easier to get more subscribers. I figured the beginning is the most difficult time. So far things have been moving forward but very slowly! He did talk to an ejuice company yesterday, though. We're hoping that if he does a review on their juice then they'll put it on their twitter page.

What problems did you run into?

larryT411, I'll subscribe to your channel and help you out. So far I have about 800 and some followers on Pinterest for vape related stuff. I can share your video on there.

Das auto, it would! I used a different username than the one I use for ecigarette accounts just in case.

Last edited:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Thank you so much! Again, it's greatly appreciated. What is your channel? I'll subscribe. I'm hoping down the line it'll be easier to get more subscribers. I figured the beginning is the most difficult time. So far things have been moving forward but very slowly! He did talk to an ejuice company yesterday, though. We're hoping that if he does a review on their juice then they'll put it on their twitter page.

What problems did you run into?

larryT411, I'll subscribe to your channel and help you out. So far I have about 800 and some followers on Pinterest for vape related stuff. I can share your video on there.

Das auto, it would! I used a different username than the one I use for ecigarette accounts just in case.

http://youtube.com/nyiddle although don't feel obligated to subscribe, I haven't made a worthwhile video in a long time lol.

Copyright issues tend to be a big thing on YouTube. For me, since I was making music-related videos, it turned out to be a pretty big problem. Several of my videos were "infringing copyright laws in other countries" or something insane, meaning people in the USA could watch it but people in the UK/Germany (where my fanbase primarily resided) couldn't. Additionally, at one point about 3 years ago (and this technology may have improved since) YouTube thought I was "botting for views" -- they disabled my account because some Russian website linked my video, and it was suddenly going from 30 views a day to 1000+ -- YouTube assumed I was doing something to inflate my view count and disabled my account. It took about a month before they re-enabled it (I sent them the link to the video on the Russian site, and explained the situation to them).

Additionally, if he ever wants to go for YouTube Partnership, it's a real bear to contend with, but that's definitely a "once you're well-established" kind of thing. Partnerships can make you some great money, but it's hard, nearly impossible, to get it to the point where a partner is willing to pick you up/cover your ... (if you make a dud video, the partner is losing money paying for ads that people aren't watching).

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Hiccup post

Kloudz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Phoenix, Az
www.youtube.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: We don't act like that here

Kloudz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Phoenix, Az
www.youtube.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: We don't act like that here

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
YouTube is hard to get started on. When I started, I didn't do it for subscribers. I did it because I was ridiculously shy and I wanted to come out of my shell. Putting videos online helped with it. I went from about 500 subscribers to 1200 since doing vape related videos, but my videos have slowed way down. Just because you get views doesn't mean subscribers would be there. I have videos with 5000 views on some, but subscribers are only if they like what you do. I was shouted out by some amazing guys in a few videos that had 1000 or so subscribers. I've been getting my videos known in the Reo forum and Nicoticket puts my videos on their site. Ever since I got subscribed by Grimmgreen (might I add about gave me a heart attack haha) I haven't cared about the number of subscribers. I just want subscribers that will watch when a video is released.

I'd suggest a cover photo, even if it's a name. He can personalize his channel page as well. Maybe feature the channels he likes to watch. I watched the newest video from 3 days ago. It was a good video in my opinion.

blur92

Mar 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
nyiddle, thanks for sharing your knowledge on this. I could see how copyright issues are especially a problem for music-related videos. Hopefully, it will be less likely for a vaping channel. I'm going to try to be optimistic about it all.

MaRenCam and debrand01, I've made a cover photo for him. It's posted as my banner on Google+ for my account, Wake To Vape. If you want to see it you can try searching for me on there or Youtube. I'm just waiting on him to set it up. Thanks for the feedback :)

drbrandt01, that is really cool you got subscribed to Grimmgreen! He seems like a very genuine, knowledgeable individual. Also, I'm glad to hear having a channel helped with your shyness. It does seem like a very effective method for anxiety related problems, although I would think it'd be difficult to get started with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread