Status
Not open for further replies.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
I got the metal part in a group of things from the classies, and ordered replacement parts and pieces from HoH to try to make this work. This also happens to be my first attempt at making my own coils, but Zen makes it look so easy on his video.

I made this with the mesh and wire that came with the parts kits, but when I try to fire it I get an open code on my Provari mini and my Radius. Can you tell from the photos if I made something wrong? I didn't want to cut the wick until I knew I had a working coil set up, but do know it needs to be shorter when I'm ready to put the cap on.

View attachment 647313 View attachment 647315

I'm late to the thread, but did you finally get a better understanding of the genesis build?

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I'm late to the thread, but did you finally get a better understanding of the genesis build?
I did get it working. There was a bunch of crusty stuff inside the center post that kept it from making a circuit. When I got that all cleaned out, it worked like the video. My coil is kind of ugly, but it works and makes vapor.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
I did get it working. There was a bunch of crusty stuff inside the center post that kept it from making a circuit. When I got that all cleaned out, it worked like the video. My coil is kind of ugly, but it works and makes vapor.

Good to hear. :thumbs:
Your coils will improve with time.
It's a great device. No matter how many tanks or RDA I have, I always go back to
the ZAU. or Link Ce, same setup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread