Helping IG9447 with eGo-V V2 Mega repair problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here, I came to these forums when I was searching for the answer to a problem with an eGo-v v2 mega and spotted a user (IG9447) with the same problem.

I've finally found a solution to the problem and wished to share it with IG9447 and others.
Since I'm a new user and can't reply to their thread I decided to post here.

O.k. the problem is that too much pressure on the positive (Center) pin of the device causes a gasket to break making what appears as a loose "O" ring in the 510 connection of the device OR causes the gasket to recede into the device which causes the same problem.

Note: this applies to the eGo-C twist and some other devices also.

The problem being that without the added height of the gasket, the center pin can fail to make contact with the positive terminal of any attached devices.
Most people having this problem will find the "Wiggle the center pin" solution on the Forums/YouTube.

IG9447 was wondering how to replace this "O" ring so that the center (Positive) pin would remain in contact with attached devices.

The "O" ring can be discarded or put to use somewhere else.

I don't have a camera so I'll have to try to explain this repair with words only, so you will have to visualize what I'm typing about.

***DISCLAIMER***
Follow these directions at your own risk, I will NOT be held responsible if YOU destroy your device.

Needed equipment: ********************************

Another gasket (I used the gasket from a CE4 coil head.)(If you re-wick/re-wire CE4 style heads you know the gasket I'm typing about [1 wire outside 1 wire inside, insert positive post])
Tweezers/needle nose pliers/bent paper clips etc. (that will fit into the 510 connection AND into the gasket hole for the center pin)
Lubricant (E-liquid will do fine)

optional:
Magnifying glasses (The kind you put on your face, or one that has a holding arm.)

If things go wrong you may need a soldering iron.

For this repair you will need a well lit and quiet place to work with out distractions (The repair can be frustrating at times and can cause you to lash out/abuse those around you)

The first thing you will need to do is remove the Center pin from the device.
***WARNING*** the center pin has a wire attached to the bottom, take care removing it or you will be needing the soldering iron.

You can use the tweezers/needle nose pliers or any other devices that you feel will get the job done efficiently.
(A couple of wraps of Kanthal or other wire/string under the center pin and a firm pill will do)

As stated in the warning above the pin has a wire attached to the bottom, when removing the pin try to take care with the length of your pull, the wire & pin will only come out to just past the end of the 510 connection, so take precautions or the pin will come lose from the wire. :ohmy:(or worse case, you detach the wire from INSIDE the device and are left holding the wire and pin, which means the device is now a funky paper weight ).:-x

Once the pin and wire are outside, you will need to remove the old gasket. (Tweezers/needle nose pliers/bent paper clips etc.)
Take care not to damage the wire or the internals of the device.

Once the gasket is outside the device you can just cut it from around the wire and dispose of it.

Take the new gasket and give it a light coat of lubricant. (E-liquid works fine)

Check the positioning of the gasket and make sure that you have the widest diameter ring (If any) on it facing outwards and push the pin and wire through the hole on the other side.

Once the pin is through the hole in the gasket you can wipe off the lubricant.

Slide the gasket down the wire and push the bottom part into the device leaving the (Wider) outer ring outside the hole sitting at the bottom of the 510 connector.

Push the wire and center pin through the gasket.

You should now have a working device.:toast::vapor::thumbs:

In the future take care with how tight you screw things onto the device or you will be doing this all over again.:facepalm:

Hope this helps people, If IG94476 or anyone else follows these directions and manages to repair their device and has a camera it would be nice if they could add photos or a link to a YouTube video of the repair to this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread