Here I go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I've been here off and on for a few years, and I'm back to e-cigs again. I've not been able to eliminate the stupid cancer sticks - I always end up going back to them. This is the first full day of me not smoking in a couple of years. I feel great! I have a certain "clean" feeling that I can't really describe. I'm usually vaping now and again, but the sticks are always there too. Not today! I have to get off of these things. They are completely disgusting.

So, I pulled all of my older stuff out along with the freshest juice I had this morning and here I am! Went through an entire 3ML tank today. LOL I'm going to be ordering some additional equipment and juice tonight. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and as always, wish everyone the best of luck with ending the cancer train.

The hardest battle I had today was after meals. Luckily I have adjustable voltage that I can crank up! I'm dreading the morning 'cigarette' time. I'm not sure that vaping is going to do, but it will have to. I took the last half-pack of sticks I had left and ran over them with my truck. LOL.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Hang in there moze! I was once a 2.5 PAD smoking fiend and I did it, hope you can find the right combo and the strength to do the same. After meals was always hard for me too, but now after a couple years of vaping the after meal thing doesn't even bother me, actually that happened a long time back, but I still do remember how hard it used to be. Good luck to you! I'm also in NC :)

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
If you find you are still having problems try some of the NET juices (naturally extracted tobacco). I have chronic pain from a sever back injury and I'm trying to get back into it myself, I'm finding the NET's are helping. I'm down to 2-8 sticks a day, from 2-5 PAD.
Just throwing it out there for you to think about.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Wow - thanks for all of the support! I likely don't have it as rough as some people. I only ever smoked 1 - 1.5 pack a day and I always inhaled to mouth, then to lungs. That last part might sound weird, but I've read, and it seems to make sense, that those who inhale directly into their lungs have even a HARDER time quitting. But, in the end it will all do harm.

sparkky1 - That's the same outlook I've had before and it didn't work for me. If I have ANY sticks around at all, they'll end up as part of the regiment and they'll take over. I'll end up going back to them full time. I agree with your outlook and support it for those whom it works for, but that's not me. I'm either all or nothing. Thanks for the support.

Reactions: Hitmetwice

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Wow - thanks for all of the support! I likely don't have it as rough as some people. I only ever smoked 1 - 1.5 pack a day and I always inhaled to mouth, then to lungs. That last part might sound weird, but I've read, and it seems to make sense, that those who inhale directly into their lungs have even a HARDER time quitting. But, in the end it will all do harm.

sparkky1 - That's the same outlook I've had before and it didn't work for me. If I have ANY sticks around at all, they'll end up as part of the regiment and they'll take over. I'll end up going back to them full time. I agree with your outlook and support it for those whom it works for, but that's not me. I'm either all or nothing. Thanks for the support.

The draw off a cigarette is too tight for direct to lung, thus the phrase, "taking a drag". ;) Direct to lung is only a thing with pipes, maybe, (never smoked those), otherwise everyone smokes mouth to lung.

My old habit was similar to yours. I smoked ~15-20 cigs a day for ~16 yrs. Tried the patches, tried the gum, they sucked and didn't help me quit. In 2013, I discovered vaping, and I quit the coffin nails completely for ~8 months. Then my job was eliminated in a corporate merger, and I moved to another state shortly after. During the move, I was quite stressed and I ran out of the crappy little Kanger coils for evods, Protank 2's, etc, that I was using. So, I decided "screw it, I'll just get a pack of smokes for the drive down". As a result, I smoked again for the next ~16 months. That little scene from Sin City has been true; "they say nobody ever really quits. A smoker's a smoker when the chips are down", at least for me.

What it took for me to quit smoking again was better, modern APV's, (Pico and RX200, Efusion Duo soon), with new toppers, (Melo3 Mini, Ijust 2 tank, Twisted Messes v2 clone, Aromamizer v2 soon), to go with em. This allowed me to go well below 1 ohm and crank up the power, which I hadn't done "back in the day", because you had to build for that, and that hadn't been quite "worked out" yet, e.g. people were still using crap like silica and stainless mesh to wick. Today's OEM coils for sub-ohm tanks are pretty excellent and building with today's materials, (clapton coils with cotton or rayon etc), is even better, and easier than I expected.

Once you're able to chain vape at even 30W+, (let alone 50W+), it'll be easier than you think to forgo that morning smoke. ;)

Good luck, sir. The effort required to quit tobacco entirely is well worth it.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Wow - thanks for all of the support! I likely don't have it as rough as some people. I only ever smoked 1 - 1.5 pack a day and I always inhaled to mouth, then to lungs.
I never actually quit smoking. I just took it one day at a time. One hour at a time. I was so excited that I could actually go a whole day! I had never been able to do that before vaping. I don't think I could have officially quit. Too much pressure. Just the thought would make me panic.

It's been over 5 years now.

My daughter was a very light smoker. Only a pack a week, at most. Yet she had a much harder time making the switch. With me, it was more about the constant habit. With her, each cigarette was like taking a break and having a special moment to herself. So, each one was a much bigger deal.

She tried a few tanks. But, always went back. But, she finally did it! What worked for her was so simple, a simple (although very good quality) 510 atty and a drip tip. That's it. Each vape session is special just like when she smoked. Three drops of juice and that's it!

So, being a light smoker isn't necessarily any easier. It's just a matter of finding just the right combination for your own personal needs.

Congrats on your first day. And, don't give up. If there's a problem, just keep on trying until you find what works for YOU.

vape-addict

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
mississippi
I was up to 3.5 packs a day the way I did it was I got 2 tanks and bought 24 mg wta I would have that tank filled for in the morn and after meals then the rest the time I would just use my 18 ml in another tank ..so yes I loved to smoke and it was killing me ..like everyone one else said find something that works and you can do it..Welcome to ECF!!

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Yep, that's a tough one. It took me a couple weeks to transition completely to vaping. I found a juice that tastes just like my cigs. did and soon enough I stopped the morning one. Keep at it.

It's been a whole 2 days now and I'm still cig free. Not even one craving or anything.

The biggest thing for me in the mornings is the harshness of vaping. It's really hard for me to do, so I've got one of the classic style small ecig batteries with a cart that I do in the mornings. Seems to work ok. Once I get on for a couple of hours. I can start going to my standard setup.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
It's been a whole 2 days now and I'm still cig free. Not even one craving or anything...

Congrats! Keep it up. :thumb:

...The biggest thing for me in the mornings is the harshness of vaping. It's really hard for me to do...

Yeah, I think that has a lot to do with dehydration, especially for me, (I live in a desert climate). Now, I drink a tall glass of water right after I get up and I can go straight to the RBA after that without coughing. I usually just start with a humble tank, though. ;)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
It's been a whole 2 days now and I'm still cig free. Not even one craving or anything.

The biggest thing for me in the mornings is the harshness of vaping. It's really hard for me to do, so I've got one of the classic style small ecig batteries with a cart that I do in the mornings. Seems to work ok. Once I get on for a couple of hours. I can start going to my standard setup.
Same with me. My tobacco set up is just a VV battery with a K1 glassomizer for the mornings, evenings and those times when I crave the most. During the day I use my mods with tanks.

Skulcius

Apr 19, 2016
The draw off a cigarette is too tight for direct to lung, thus the phrase, "taking a drag". ;) Direct to lung is only a thing with pipes, maybe, (never smoked those), otherwise everyone smokes mouth to lung.

My old habit was similar to yours. I smoked ~15-20 cigs a day for ~16 yrs. Tried the patches, tried the gum, they sucked and didn't help me quit. In 2013, I discovered vaping, and I quit the coffin nails completely for ~8 months. Then my job was eliminated in a corporate merger, and I moved to another state shortly after. During the move, I was quite stressed and I ran out of the crappy little Kanger coils for evods, Protank 2's, etc, that I was using. So, I decided "screw it, I'll just get a pack of smokes for the drive down". As a result, I smoked again for the next ~16 months. That little scene from Sin City has been true; "they say nobody ever really quits. A smoker's a smoker when the chips are down", at least for me.

What it took for me to quit smoking again was better, modern APV's, (Pico and RX200, Efusion Duo soon), with new toppers, (Melo3 Mini, Ijust 2 tank, Twisted Messes v2 clone, Aromamizer v2 soon), to go with em. This allowed me to go well below 1 ohm and crank up the power, which I hadn't done "back in the day", because you had to build for that, and that hadn't been quite "worked out" yet, e.g. people were still using crap like silica and stainless mesh to wick. Today's OEM coils for sub-ohm tanks are pretty excellent and building with today's materials, (clapton coils with cotton or rayon etc), is even better, and easier than I expected.

Once you're able to chain vape at even 30W+, (let alone 50W+), it'll be easier than you think to forgo that morning smoke. ;)

Good luck, sir. The effort required to quit tobacco entirely is well worth it.
This is what I am interested in as a new to vaping can I sub ohm with a tank and not have to build my own aND do it all safely?

Let me add some info here currently using a endura t22 want to upgrade to something that will give me better flavor and love the simple fill the tank and go of what I am using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread