Here is what fits in the Istick Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Ok, so I just received the Istick Basic. This was just a spur of the moment purchase because I like this sort of thing for out and about (I love my Egrip). I also thought it might be something my wife would like for her purse. It comes with a 14mm wide GS Air 2 which obviously fits perfectly (although it does rattle around just a bit) and works well. However, I bought this for other tanks.

So what fits?

My wife is an avid Kanger T2 user...has been for 3 years. Nope. Turns out the T2 is 15mm. When Eleaf says 14mm, they mean 14mm. So this was my first reason to buy it, but no luck.

I still have and use often my Protank II minis. Yep. Perfect fit. Works great, so, yea.

I also have my trusty single coil Evods. They fit and are usable, however, they are almost too short. There is enough of the mouthpiece sticking out, but doesn't look nearly as good as the GS or PT mini.

Here are some others.
Kanger T3. Nope. Too wide.
Smoke RBC. Good
Smoke udct carto tank. Good fit, but might need a very snug mouthpiece to be able to pull it out.
Smoke dct carto tank. No way.
Vision vPure. See Evod. Same size.

That's all I have laying around to test. Hope that helps someone else.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I helped my SiL pick one of these out for her SiL a couple weeks ago.
I had about 5 or 6 Aspire ET-S ( almost every color) at home and even a couple of coils for them......
NO Good, they don't fit either.

But I thought it was quite a good device for some one new, or for a quick grab and go kind of vape. :)

Reactions: Grimwald

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Probably a dumb question... but best to get the basics out of the way. Are you using the right connectors that came with it?
That looks stupid complicated for a beginner setup honestly.

Yes, the T2 and T3 won't even fit in the hole/slot. Just too wide, regardless of the connector.

The magnetic connectors are actually very easy to use. They are also essential because you would have to screw/unscrew the tank just by turning the mouthpiece...and you might unscrew the base instead.

shan57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Midwest USA
Had to try this device as I like the stealthy size.

Tanks I have that fit and are rebuildable:
Evod glass
Steam Machine VST
Mini Protank 2
RG 200, (mini 510 glass tank w/ protank atomizers, discontinued Fasttech still have a couple)
GS air 2 (Easily rebuildable. See below)

As a tootle puffer, I rebuilt verticle coil at 1.8ohm. Removed top plate and silicon washer, removed positive post and gromet, made verticle coil with pre-sodered nr-r-nr 1.8 ohm wire (Fasttech) and seated coil. Finished positive post attachment per standard (one wire in,one wire out). Wrapped pure cotton around handle part of watchmakers screw driver, inserted screw driver through coil - pushed cotton down around coil evenly until slightly snug and all side juice feed vents are covered. Replace top cap, gromet. Prime. Experiment a little with cotton. Too much cotton= dry hits, not enough cotton=fooding. Fast rebuild.
Extra gromets available at Kidney Puncher. Had some on hand as a trial for Protank rebuilds but were too wide. They fit GS perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread