Here's a tip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastage

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
Houston, TX
When you're doing a mod and go buy switches... make sure they are normally open not normally closed. I had just got finished modding the back end of a Husky LED flashlight case to work with the ecig and went to measure connectivity and it was normally closed (normally ON we need normally OFF) DOH! Gotta take it apart and go get the right switch. I am very happy with how it's coming along so far. All I need is a piece of PVC or some kind of tubing that I can slip the battery in for a tight fit. Once my charger gets here from extremedeals I should be good to go. I think I'll mod up 2 or 3 of these. Pics and details will be posted as soon as it's done. Mine is based on the Madog flashlight mod but I used the following parts:

Husky LED flashlight
standard ecig battery connector (I figured out how to remove them finally)
washer
500ma pushbutton switch
18650 2500Mah battery
hot glue

Home Depot has a 3 pack + 2 headlamps for 15.00
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...626&AID=10368321&cj=true&srccode=cii_13736960

Last edited:

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
Looks good Bastage - He just a tip epoxy that battery connector in or use HIGH temp hot glue ( I used low temp in one of those mini guns)
I love hot glue for throwing stuff together - BUT
Didn't work so well for the battery connector next to the HOT atomizer - Kept getting loose - (OH well it was late)
I epoxy'd it the next day JB weld KWIK is cheap and good to like 400 degrees.

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
I got that set too Bastage.
They are the exact same Flashlights Madog Used, the only thing, he ordered from DX.

You could try the Head lamp with a Teather :p
Actually the first prototypes came from Harbor Freight I have since order from Harbor freight and got a few at a local discount place.

Nice Idea MagusSteele on the head lamp - Hook it to two setups and you could have like a "beer" helmet for E-cigs.
Drinking Hat - Gadgets and Gizmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread