Here's what a box mod kit looks like, from MadVapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the way I see it, this just gives me a excuse to go buy a drill....( which I have been wanting a dremal for yearssss now to do wood work...) I love building things and fixing things. I would rather build something I need and have it look sorta weird...instead of going out and buying what I need and blowing all that money... 99% of the stuff in my home was either gave to me by my parents after they died or friends or I have found on the road or picked up out of the free section. The only NEW thing that is in my house is my laptop and all 3 playstations and stereo.... Not kidding.. I love seeing junk and wonder what I can make it into....that is why I am confident that one way or another I will make this box mod..Im just worried that out of my 7 girls and grandson....they may start to find their battery boxes missing out of stuff they have....hahah

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
JonnyVapΣ;2165934 said:
That's normal if you buy the "kit". All the parts in that kit are available separately as well with the boxes untouched. The first box mod I built was the kit just for the experience. Now I use un-drilled boxes so I can position the components where I want.

Ah ha! Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me....AWESOME FACE for Friday!!

ice

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Hey all. I've added a couple more pics. One shows the box mod with the 3.7v 14500 battery inside. This thing is reading 4v when I connect a MM to the 510 connector and press the fire button.

The second shot shows the positive end of the internal battery connection. You can see a small bead of solder on the (+) connector. You may need to do this if the positive end of your battery doesn't quite touch the internal battery connector, as in my case.

This thing vapes BEAUTIFULLY! I am super happy with it, for the price, you can't go wrong!!

ice

Attachments

• withbatt.jpg
    withbatt.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 24
  • positive_connector.jpg
    positive_connector.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 22

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I received my order from Madvapes today. I ordered one finished boxmod and one kit. I haven't looked at the kit much yet but am currently vaping the finished one. It vapes beautifully. For $23 you can't beat it. The kit for $8.50 should do just as well. After buying the 2 mods, 4 batteries and a universal charger it comes to less than the price of an eGo kit and the batt's are 900mah. That should give 12 hours of vaping. Replacement batt's are only $4.29 too so it's easy to stock up. It really isn't as big as they look in the picture either, it fits nicely in my palm. Looking at the innards of the finished one, it's really simple and anyone who's unsure if they can complete a kit can rest assured that it's doable. If you don't have any prior knowledge, just order a finished one and copy it while building the kit.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
I received my order from Madvapes today. I ordered one finished boxmod and one kit. I haven't looked at the kit much yet but am currently vaping the finished one. It vapes beautifully. For $23 you can't beat it. The kit for $8.50 should do just as well. After buying the 2 mods, 4 batteries and a universal charger it comes to less than the price of an eGo kit and the batt's are 900mah. That should give 12 hours of vaping. Replacement batt's are only $4.29 too so it's easy to stock up. It really isn't as big as they look in the picture either, it fits nicely in my palm. Looking at the innards of the finished one, it's really simple and anyone who's unsure if they can complete a kit can rest assured that it's doable. If you don't have any prior knowledge, just order a finished one and copy it while building the kit.

That's a great idea, to get a finished one and copy the inside. I used the madvapes "how-to" guide and as wonderful as it was, some of the pictures were hard for me to see all of the connections. But it did work for me, and I totally agree! This things vapes REALLY well. Very little difference from my $75 RoughStack...Although the RoughStack's strong build will last forever.

Did you hook up your LED? Mine flashes red and blue for about 5 seconds, then it flashes red/blue/green rapidly. It's pretty darn cool! At night, as I am hitting it, the clouds of vapor pulse and dance in the super bright LED lights, it's quite an experience.

ice

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I haven't built the kit yet. Actually I'm just going to put it in my box of spare parts till I need it. I'm building a stock of hardware and juice in case there's a ban or something so I'll be set. Looking at the kit, all the parts are available from Radio Shack except for the connector. So If all my PV's (like nine of them?) die I'm still ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread