Hey all! New, with a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

congo1986

May 20, 2010
Albuquerque
Hey you guys, this forum is great! I have been checking posts on here for a while for information. Lately I have come across something that I cant seem to find an answer for. I have the Janty Ego, and have been using it for about a month now. I have noticed major vapor decrease. I stalled for a while, but then changed out my atomizer. This completely solved the problem, except now I have another issue... maybe. It seems like I can top off my cart completely, and drip a few drops into the atomizer, but after 4 or 5 nice sized hits I have to re-drip. The cart still seems wet, and will only take 1, maybe 2 drops to be practically overflowing. Then I drip 2 or 3 drops on the atomizer. Once again, only 4, 5, maybe 6 good sized hits and I have to re-drip. It seems like the cart should be helping out more so I dont have to drip so much, and on the atomizer so much. If I go past 5 or 6 hits, it tastes burnt real fast. I keep reading that it is typical to get 20 or more hits after dripping. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Or is this typical. My last atty, that was failing, seemed like it would dry out my cart and give me more hits. This one give amazing vape, but doesnt dry out the cart, and needs re-drip often. What you guys think? :confused:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
congo, have you rinsed out or replaced the filler in the cart? I do this every once in a while and it helps. Just pull out the filler and rinse it under warm tap water and pat it dry with a paper towel. Drip 5 or 6 drops of juice in the empty cart before you stuff the filler back in and then drip on the top of the filler 'till it's soaked. You may have already done this but it seems to solve the problem for me.

congo1986

May 20, 2010
Albuquerque
Ok, well I tried the methods you guys mentioned. I even get a totally new cart that was prefilled. Now Im thinking that it is the PG VG mix liquid that I am using. It seems like when I use much thinner liquid, just pg, that it burns out from the cart. But the thicker the liquid, it wont burn from the cart and I have to drip directly onto the atty. Is this normal, are you guys getting this as well?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Not like you are talking about.

Your atomizer has a bridge that contacts the cart filler. That bridge has a wick to the heating coil. Your cart has fill to contact the bridge.

If your cart is not all the way down, that would give symptoms like you are describing.
If you had a wick issue, like the next 2 lines, there is another one.
If you filler was too far inside the cart, well, no contact so no wicking.
If the bridge was bent over, well, that whole lack of wicking thing comes back.

Now, thinner liquids can run down the edges of the atomizer and get to the coil that a thicker VG/PG blend would not do.

So, look at things real close and see if anything is out of place or if you did anything silly like pull threads out of your atty because they looked like they didn't belong there.

Maybe you'll spot it.

Other than that, you'll need someone more experienced than I.

congo1986

May 20, 2010
Albuquerque
Ok, I think that may be what it is. The filler in the cart has been pushed down over time, and may have not been touching the bridge. I pulled out the filling and stretched it out so that it is now sitting flush with the rim of the cart. After a couple hits, I think I am already noticing a difference, in taste and vaper. Its so simple, but I just didnt think it was the issue because of how it was still working great with the thinner liquids. Thanks for the help.

I want to try the teabag mod, hopefully that will stay flush with the top of the cart easier, and help out with this. I had to order the tea since I am in Iraq, so I have a week or so to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread