Hey everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

fistoroboto

Jan 3, 2018
Hey everyone, I'm a complete newbie to vaping - been smoking about a pack a day for four years and a buddy of mine recommended vaping as the best way to quit. I bought an eGO IAO and have been really liking it but I have two questions/concerns that maybe someone can answer.

To any former smokers out there, is it normal to be vaping constantly? I've had this thing for about two weeks and got juice that's 8mg of nicotine, but I have been hitting it at twice, maybe more every half hour.

Second, I'm not completely off the cigs - I've had some while drinking and once or twice after a stressful day. I'm definitely smoking less than I was a month ago - but I'm not where I'd like to be. Any tips?

Btw this forum is awesome!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey everyone, I'm a complete newbie to vaping - been smoking about a pack a day for four years and a buddy of mine recommended vaping as the best way to quit. I bought an eGO IAO and have been really liking it but I have two questions/concerns that maybe someone can answer.

To any former smokers out there, is it normal to be vaping constantly? I've had this thing for about two weeks and got juice that's 8mg of nicotine, but I have been hitting it at twice, maybe more every half hour.

Second, I'm not completely off the cigs - I've had some while drinking and once or twice after a stressful day. I'm definitely smoking less than I was a month ago - but I'm not where I'd like to be. Any tips?

Welcome, glad you joined.
Vaping constantly is totally normal, especially when trying to make the switch. In fact, if that bothers you, you may want a higher mg to help you curb that.

Dual users are all over ecf. The motto here is that 'its the ones you don't smoke' that are the victories.

We all know how hard the switch can be. Some people take to vaping instantly(like me) and others just have harder times than I did.

You can also be addicted to other alkaloids that are in cigarettes and that nicotine alone will not quite do it for you. Only you know the answer to that one. And time will tell.

Ask any questions you have. Always someone here 24/7/365.

:)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. It is entirely normal to vape a lot when trying to get off the smokes. Many people cling to the mod like a life preserver-- that's exactly what it is, when you think about it-- and this includes me. Hitting the mod 4-5 times an hour does not seem excessive to me. I often do myself. I am hesitant to recommend you move to a higher nic concentration in your juice as AFAIK the Aio is subohm only, and that's pretty powerful. That said, if you do you might find it will help to still the cravings a bit better. But carefully! The .6Ω coils in your tank are probably making a lot of vapor. You don't want to overdo the nic. You can tell if you do: headache, nausea and the shakes are common symptoms of nic poisoning. You can also get them with the strength you are using, just by using it a lot. Still, if you don't have these symptoms, don't worry about how much you're on the mod. Vape when you have to in order to stay off the smokes.

Neither is there any real problem with dual using. If, as you say, you are definitely smoking less, you have already had a great victory. Don't count the ones you smoke as a loss. Count the ones you don't as a win. You will (probably), in time, wean yourself off completely. It took me more than a month to get there. And if not, there are other methods we can help you with. Keep going as you are and know you're making progress. And also remember there's always somebody here to help you, so if you start to backslide, sing out for help. We'll come running.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Frist question : Yes, i started with 12mg and almost had that thing in my mouth 24/7, one thing to keep in mind is that nicotine isin't absorbed by the body the same way as a cigarette would so most times you'll need more vapor intake to satisfy the same nicotine levels you had with a smoke.

2nd question : my only advice is to go as slowly as needed, i dual used for about a week before i completely stopped but some smoke for a couple months gradually decreasing their smokes intake. There's not a one way fits all way to quit, you need to go as fast as you feel okay to.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I believe the eGo AIO uses a .6 ohm coil. You may find that 12 mg of nicotine is too harsh for that. I would definitely suggest upping the nicotine to get off the cigs but you may need to think about a different vape unit...one that uses coils rated at 1.0 - 1.5 ohm. Then you crank up the nicotine without it blowing your throat out.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. If the vape you have is satisfying you for the most part (and it sounds like it is, the amount you are vaping doesn't seem excessive to me at all for someone who has just quit) you might buy a backup tank that produces less vapor per puff but at a higher nicotine strength for those stressful times particularly, or when you just need more nic more quickly. You could try upping the nic in your current setup but that may or may not work, so buy a small bottle if you do.

You will feel some discomfort while quitting, and dual use for a while can be fairly normal. I was a 3 ppd smoker and urgently needed to quit. I use fairly high nic (18 m.g.) but what helped me the most during the detox phase was Whole Tobacco alkaloid juice, which has some of the alkaloids that cause satisfaction/satiation while smoking. I used it during my tar detox (believe it or not, tar itself has been found to be psychoactive in some NIH studies). I'd hit about 3 p.m. vaping and feel like I was going to chew through steel and WTA was helpful for that. I bought wholesale WTA from Aroma e-juice and more recently from Umbavapes, which is less expensive but still quite effective. I would not recommend Mother's Milk WTA, seemed "muddy" and not as potent.

I still keep a tank around for those stressful moments like going to a concert or something where I know I am going to miss smoking. It was very helpful for me, although it isn't as helpful for everyone but may be something to consider if you find continued dual use issues. Since it is not being combusted, it certainly doesn't seem to be as dangerous as smoking tobacco.

But, you may want to try upping your nic first, as many folks get through detox Just Fine without it, and it's more expensive/an added thing. Although I will say that stopping WTA once I got through my cigarette detox was pretty easy as far as returning to nicotine only.

Best of luck, you will get there :)

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: khundian

khundian

Jan 2, 2018
Ghent, Belgium
Welcome to the forum, you already took the most important step.. getting into vaping. It will take some time to adjust, but I'm optimistic you will find the sweet spot and quit the analog cigarettes in the future.
I take even more drags from my e-cig than you, nothing wrong with that. Always remember its healthier than smoking, no matter how many times you puff on your E-cig!

Reactions: stols001

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler

Welcome to the forum. If you get that nicotine level right you will give up analogs the same day. You may have some minor cravings for a week or so, this is caused by the many other chemicals in analogs. My advice is to bump up the nicotine level till you no longer want to smoke and then back off if you get the desire to smoke go back up a little, now you found your nicotine level you need to be at.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Welcome to the forum. If you get that nicotine level right you will give up analogs the same day. You may have some minor cravings for a week or so, this is caused by the many other chemicals in analogs. My advice is to bump up the nicotine level till you no longer want to smoke and then back off if you get the desire to smoke go back up a little, now you found your nicotine level you need to be at.
I know alot disagree with the higher nic thing, but I agree...Personally I feel it's better with as high as possible without feeling any I'll effects from it...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I know alot disagree with the higher nic thing, but I agree...Personally I feel it's better with as high as possible without feeling any I'll effects from it...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The sooner you break the smoking habit the better, doing both just drags it out, also you risk being double addicted.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
For some folks when starting vaping, it is normal to hit twice or more every half hour. You may consider increasing your e-liquid nicotine content.
Could read answers in this post:
15 days vaping
Could read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/still-smoking-support-and-chat-thread.519384/

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread