Hey,got a JUUL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
hey guys,I just got a juul starter pack and it probably will reach this afternoon or tomorrow morning.I used to smoke cigarettes for 6 month,am half a pack guy.The reason I am excited to smoke juul is because many people on the internet says their stamina improve after quitting cigs and go for vape.I got some question that need answers...
1.What should I take note of when I first get my JUUL?Like any difference in technique inhaling a JUUL and a regular cig?
2.Is vaping really less harmful for fitness stamina as compare to a regular cigarettes?
3.Lastly,is the feel of Sucking a JUUL similar to a cigarettes or its very different?

Really looking forward to get my JUUL,nicotine helped some of my depressive/anxiety symptoms...

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
1. Not really. The only worry is that as a 1/2 pack a day smoker the juul with it’s really powerful 50mg nic hit may actually be too powerful for you.

2. In the experience of many many users here definitely. To the point that you may experience some weird side effects for a few months as your body detoxifies from cigarettes.

3. It’s similar, but not the same.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
1. Not really. The only worry is that as a 1/2 pack a day smoker the juul with it’s really powerful 50mg nic hit may actually be too powerful for you.

2. In the experience of many many users here definitely. To the point that you may experience some weird side effects for a few months as your body detoxifies from cigarettes.

3. It’s similar, but not the same.
Really excited about it...the harmful effect is lesser then cig.I don’t know pods would I use in a week

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Really excited about it...the harmful effect is lesser then cig.I don’t know pods would I use in a week
That’s an open question. If your nic consumption remains the same as with cigarettes a pod would last maybe two days. It may turn out to be higher though. One of the issues a lot of people have with the juul is that it’s nic content is quite high and cannot be easily reduced. The first step is getting off the cigarettes though. Once that is accomplished you can worry about nicotine usage later. It’s possible you may move on from the juul to a more changeable nicotine content device after a while. Many do.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes, drastically. How much less is argued about, but the latest figure I saw said they were 95% safer. It’s hard to know what your juice use will be until you try it. Pod devices get expensive fast though, and prefilled pods even more so. There are refillable juul compatible pods available from a few third party manufacturers that may help if you find the standard juul nic level to be too high for you. They’re particularly handy if you want to quit nicotine entirely as they allow you to reduce your dose over time.

• Agree

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
hey guys,I just got a JUUL starter pack and it probably will reach this afternoon or tomorrow morning.I used to smoke cigarettes for 6 month,am half a pack guy.The reason I am excited to smoke JUUL is because many people on the internet says their stamina improve after quitting cigs and go for vape.I got some question that need answers...
1.What should I take note of when I first get my JUUL?Like any difference in technique inhaling a JUUL and a regular cig?
2.Is vaping really less harmful for fitness stamina as compare to a regular cigarettes?
3.Lastly,is the feel of Sucking a JUUL similar to a cigarettes or its very different?

Really looking forward to get my JUUL,nicotine helped some of my depressive/anxiety symptoms...

1. No idea. Google it if no one answers.

2. You be the judge.

3. See answer #1.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
That’s an open question. If your nic consumption remains the same as with cigarettes a pod would last maybe two days. It may turn out to be higher though. One of the issues a lot of people have with the juul is that it’s nic content is quite high and cannot be easily reduced. The first step is getting off the cigarettes though. Once that is accomplished you can worry about nicotine usage later. It’s possible you may move on from the juul to a more changeable nicotine content device after a while. Many do.
Really starting to love the JUUL,usually cigarettes don’t have much flavor,but I tried the virginia tobbaco juice I like the taste and for throat hit.I am still not used to smoking JUUL though,I find that my inhaling is really shallow,My lung capacity had always been small.Should I continue my inhale normally or should I try to put effort in inhaling and get the hit on my brain?

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Hi and welcome! JUUL is an excellent choise for staying away from analogs when doing the transition
Thanks,I don’t find much different between inhaling cigarettes and JUUL,like JUUL a lot.What I like the most is that people commenting that vaping affect their stamina only little,but what’s the science behind this?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Really starting to love the JUUL,usually cigarettes don’t have much flavor,but I tried the virginia tobbaco juice I like the taste and for throat hit.I am still not used to smoking JUUL though,I find that my inhaling is really shallow,My lung capacity had always been small.Should I continue my inhale normally or should I try to put effort in inhaling and get the hit on my brain?
You’ll likely just cough.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks,I don’t find much different between inhaling cigarettes and JUUL,like JUUL a lot.What I like the most is that people commenting that vaping affect their stamina only little,but what’s the science behind this?
Start using the proper terminology. Smoking is the combustion of tobacco leaves. Vaping is the aerosol vapor of a mixture of propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, flavor concentrates, and liquid nicotine.

The science behind VAPING as opposed to smoking is with vaping there is no combustion ... you are not inhaling harmful byproducts of smoking such as tars, carbon monoxide, formalahyde, and the other known toxins which typically lead to lung cancer, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and chronic bronchitis. Vaping is believed to be not totally "safe", but "safer" than smoking. It is considered to be a form of "harm reduction" because it is a means to receive addictive nicotine without the known negative effects of combustion.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to read Section 3: Beneficial effects of vaping vs smoking in:
re: A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
As to stamina, might read:
Holy Smoke! 15 Surprising Benefits of Quitting Smoking
I suspect that the highest proven success rate method regarding smoking cessation, may be vaping, however, big pharma tobacco, and government are extremely reluctant to allow the word to get out.
re: Smoking cessation - Wikipedia

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
hey guys,I just got a JUUL starter pack and it probably will reach this afternoon or tomorrow morning.I used to smoke cigarettes for 6 month,am half a pack guy.The reason I am excited to smoke JUUL is because many people on the internet says their stamina improve after quitting cigs and go for vape.I got some question that need answers...

Welcome to the ECF. :thumb:

I recommend ditching the Juul and getting a different e-cigarette unless Juul is the only thing that works... which is better for your health of course but disastrous for your wallet.

Anyway... if you are on half a pack, a Juul could be too much. They have filled it with high levels of nicotine, which is either a good thing for people looking to quit smoking or a bad thing if you are trying to cut down on your Nicotine intake.

I am not cutting down as Nicotine helps my concentration and my general anxiety.

Vaping is way, way better for stamina and fitness, yes.

The Juul vapes nice and you can probably get close to a real cigarette with one, closer than other products.

So, all in all... a good transition product with the drawbacks of high nicotine and exorbitant running costs. Also, Juul is only cool with people who think Juul is cool, which is not all vapers across the world. Thankfully you can't buy in lots of countries.

I don't like it. I don't recommend it. The hype is only partly justified. The cost is not justified in any sense of the word.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Not to be flippant - Smoking messes up your lungs. Vaping, whilst not perfect does not. It's all about the tar.
If you don't notice an incredible difference in a few months, I will publicly apologize to big tobacco companies.
You'll be fine, really. Enjoy.

Did you know, recent science tells us even low level smoking is incredibly bad, worse than we feared? Most of the genuine vape articles are headed in the other direction.
Smoking is worse than we feared, vaping is better than many dared to believe.

I'd sure like to quit vaping eventually but now's not the time. It was never the time with smoking either.. :eek::D

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

I recommend ditching the Juul and getting a different e-cigarette unless Juul is the only thing that works... which is better for your health of course but disastrous for your wallet.

Anyway... if you are on half a pack, a Juul could be too much. They have filled it with high levels of nicotine, which is either a good thing for people looking to quit smoking or a bad thing if you are trying to cut down on your Nicotine intake.

I am not cutting down as Nicotine helps my concentration and my general anxiety.

The Juul vapes nice and you can probably get close to a real cigarette with one, closer than other products.

So, all in all... a good transition product with the drawbacks of high nicotine and exorbitant running costs. Also, Juul is only cool with people who think Juul is cool, which is not all vapers across the world. Thankfully you can't buy in lots of countries.

I don't like it. I don't recommend it. The hype is only partly justified. The cost is not justified in any sense of the word.
I’m sort of expecting that to happen naturally if the OP continues to vape for any long period.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru

I personally am diagnosed with depression and anxiety,I picked up cigarettes at the older age of 28 after breaking up with my first gf.I find cigarettes keep me sane,the thing I dislike about cigarettes is that it affect my stamina as I am into sport.A few day ago I decided to try JUUL,I don’t know if it will still affect my stamina,but I hope it’s better then cigarettes in this case
Anyway I was a half a pack guy,but after switching to JUUL,I find that I vape 3/4(equalvelent to 15 cigaretttes)a day,should I worry...really enjoying it now.One thing I like about vaping is that is that you can stop anytime,but as of cigarettes,if I just light one and a customer came in,I need to throw it away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread