Hey guys! im brand new here. My first setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xolon

Oct 7, 2013
Tampa,FL
Hey so i'm a rare breed of vaper i think. Im not trying to quit smoking because I don't smoke, I've never even smoked 1 cigarette and never plan to. I do however enjoy smoking hookah occasionally,which just like vaping it is much different from a cig.

I always thought the E-cigs were pretty neat and love the hobby aspect of it. I just plan on using it like a portable convenient and super awesome mini hookah basically. I just got 6mg juice and might get some 0 also.

I made my first hookah from scratch and plan on making or modding some of my ecig stuff too. Im half in it for the DIY possibilities.

Prior to today I have only had a couple disposable e-hookah/ecig sticks that were pretty crappy but got me curious to how they work.

I did some research on this site and on youtube and decided the things i wanted to try and found a local b&m store that was highly recomended.

I ended up getting

x1 JoyeTech Ego-C Twist ( yay for variable voltage)
x1 Kangertech Protank 2
x1 smaller bottom fed tank not sure on name
x1 green ming style drip tip
x1 Cinnamon redhot juice
x1 Watermelon juice
x1 charger

pretty sweet first setup i think. All thanks to the guys on this site. I got to walk in there and pretend i wasn't completely clueless and didn't have to embarrass myself in front of the shop owner. He didn't even know i was a complete noob until i told him because i knew exactly what i wanted, and knew the differences between types of batteries and tanks.

What do you think?

Any juice recomendations? I got watermelon because its one of my hookah faves. Anyone know a good peach flavor?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nice starters setup. In fact it is exactly what I recommend for new vapors:

A Good Starters Setup for a Beginning Vapor

Good choice in the Kanger Protank. Since you chose Cinnamon as one of your flavors, the pyrex tank will be immune to the destructive tank-cracking problems that non-glass juice devices suffer from:

Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors

There are a variety of commonly used juice attachments available. I've made a picture dictionary of them here:

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Should you consider upgrading to an even better device in the future, I've written one more blog that discusses this:

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Ego's & Mods

My college age daughter recently began vaping. She's never been a smoker, either. But her BF and many of her friends smoke cigarettes and they occassionally smoke hookah socially at the college area hookah bars. My daughter asked for her own mod setup for her birthday this past summer to vape flavored 0-nicotine e-liquids. I got her the below mod setup. Since June, she has converted her BF and a few of her friends over to vaping and to quit smoking.

Since hookah uses mostly fruit flavors, I will recommend my favorite online e-liquid vendor: Dripeez https://natural-eliquid.com/store/index.php , who specialize in all-natural, all-organic fruit flavors. The Coffee & Cinnamon flavors are excellent, too. My favorite is the Golden Apple; I use it alone, or sometimes add a little Cinnamon or Rum flavor with it.

BB.jpg pinkblackandpurpleBBs.jpg

My daughter has purple and pink Altsmoke BB mechanical mods and a few Innokin iClear30 clearomizers

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Nice setup. Also try flavors that you normally wouldn't think of. It is surprising how it vapes different than tastes. Also you may get interested in the whole diy aspect of liquids. They sky is the limit there. I enjoy making new flavors. I don't think I have ever made the same mixture and am loving it.

To baditude...i hope my daughters and I can enjoy the same relationship and trust that you are lucky to share with your daughter. They aren't quite that age, but we are happily on our way. A compliment to you mate.

Sorry to the op for that little interjection.

Xolon

Oct 7, 2013
Tampa,FL
Nice starters setup. In fact it is exactly what I recommend for new vapors:

A Good Starters Setup for a Beginning Vapor

Good choice in the Kanger Protank. Since you chose Cinnamon as one of your flavors, the pyrex tank will be immune to the destructive tank-cracking problems that non-glass juice devices suffer from:

Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors

There are a variety of commonly used juice attachments available. I've made a picture dictionary of them here:

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Should you consider upgrading to an even better device in the future, I've written one more blog that discusses this:

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Ego's & Mods

My college age daughter recently began vaping. She's never been a smoker, either. But her BF and many of her friends smoke cigarettes and they occassionally smoke hookah socially at the college area hookah bars. My daughter asked for her own mod setup for her birthday this past summer to vape flavored 0-nicotine e-liquids. I got her the below mod setup. Since June, she has converted her BF and a few of her friends over to vaping and to quit smoking.

Since hookah uses mostly fruit flavors, I will recommend my favorite online e-liquid vendor: Dripeez https://natural-eliquid.com/store/index.php , who specialize in all-natural, all-organic fruit flavors. The Coffee & Cinnamon flavors are excellent, too. My favorite is the Golden Apple; I use it alone, or sometimes add a little Cinnamon or Rum flavor with it.

View attachment 259382 View attachment 259383

My daughter has purple and pink Altsmoke BB mechanical mods and a few Innokin iClear30 clearomizers

thanks for the info man, i actually saw your page and it helped me decide:) thanks

Xolon

Oct 7, 2013
Tampa,FL
just wanted to say thanks too all the responses,

im loving what i have so far, i started playing with the voltage dial and it made it even better. Definitely good thing i got the Twist. Soo much vapor/flavor.

One more noob question... if i wanted to make a fruity flavor a little bit minty without overpowering it how much menthol juice should i add? any perfect ratio? or will a few drops do the job?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One more noob question... if i wanted to make a fruity flavor a little bit minty without overpowering it how much menthol juice should i add? any perfect ratio? or will a few drops do the job?
When combining two different flavors its wise to do it in steps, sampling the results as you proceed. You can always add more of one but you can't take it away if you add too much.

Menthol is one of the stronger flavors, and not all menthols are created equal. Some are much stronger than another. I'd just add a couple of drops at first...sample it...and add more as needed. Cinnamon and Rum are also strong flavors.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
just wanted to say thanks too all the responses,

im loving what i have so far, i started playing with the voltage dial and it made it even better. Definitely good thing i got the Twist. Soo much vapor/flavor.

Welcome to ecf. I mix Watkin's Puremint 50/50 with Everclear or Peach flavored Vodka. Then I just add a drop or two to my atomizer. I like to kick it up a notch. I can add this to any fruit flavor and it also adds a little throat hit IMO. If you want cool without the mint taste, I always suggest Koolada. Goes great in fruit flavors. Menthol is cheap to make also. Again I use Everclear and crystals. Lemon juice will also make a fruit flavor pop. 1 drop per 3 mls is what I use. Good luck to you. I'm sure you will get lots of answers because everyone is so great here.

Furryka

Oct 8, 2013
Olaine
Welcome to our little Vape World ;) I'm also new user here, however I've been smelting information from these forums a lot before finally registered here :p

I've used ecig before, but it was Chinese little "junkie: one. It didn't help me at all and I wouldn't even know about good mods if not my friend ;) He had weird device what looked like hookah, but portable and high-tec one. After a month I've ended up with Vamo VV :p

About e-juices, I've tried to mix Cherry with Apple. Cherry has a sweet taste and apple is pretty sour. After mixing those 2, the taste ended up amazing. It has that a bit of an apple kick that later makes silky cherry taste. Maybe that's not the best thing I have tried, but as for few weeks, I feel like i'm addicted to this taste :laugh:

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Xolon.......
WELCOME to ECF!!
Only thing I'd add is......get a SECOND battery!!! If you only have one -- and it's charging --- you don't vape!!!:(
Glad to see you went with vv on the Twist.....the Vision Spinner is very good, also.....the 1300mAh version isn't much more expensive than the 650mAh Twist and it will last quite a bit longer before needing to be recharged.....
Enjoy your new setup!!!
Happy (vaping ) Trails!

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I actually haven't smoked in over eight years mainly because cigarettes made my lungs feel crappy. Started experimenting with disposable brands and I could totally see myself taking up the habit again with this much safer, healthier method. People start smoking all the time so in my opinion if they are going to start, they should start with e-cigs. I can understand why this site doesn't want to encourage people to start smoking so this is just my opinion, but millions of people are going to start smoking every year anyway, so if my humble opinion e-cigs are a better way to start smoking. Just my opinion.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Welcome Xolon,

I started with an Evod and a simple eGo 950mah battery. Soon after I got a VV USB Passthrough and I don't like having to use my battery now that I discovered VV. I'm right now awaiting my first MOD/APV to come in (a Vamo V3) and I expect that to out preform the VV USB.
So you going stright to the VV battery is a good thing.

As for fruit flavors? I can't help you there. I make my own juice so I really don't order from many other places as far as juice goes.

As far as minty flavories go? In my experance you want to start very small with them as they tend to be fairly strong. Start with small batches (10ml or less) and add 1 drop to the mix and see what it's like. If your only looking for a hint of mint then even that might be too much and you will have to make a pre cut solution (1 drop of mint mixed with 2 drops of VG for example) to thin it out a little bit. Then add 1 drop the diluted mint mix and see what you get.
It can be a little trial and error but what you get out of it is something that is just right for you.

Good Luck and........ VAPE ON!!! :headbang:

Xolon

Oct 7, 2013
Tampa,FL
Xolon.......
WELCOME to ECF!!
Only thing I'd add is......get a SECOND battery!!! If you only have one -- and it's charging --- you don't vape!!!:(
Glad to see you went with vv on the Twist.....the Vision Spinner is very good, also.....the 1300mAh version isn't much more expensive than the 650mAh Twist and it will last quite a bit longer before needing to be recharged.....
Enjoy your new setup!!!
Happy (vaping ) Trails!

im not the heaviest vaper in the world and i got the larger Twist battery 1100 or 1000mah i believe so it lasts plenty long and i can charge it up at night:)

Welcome to ECF Xolon...

As a long time shisha smoker myself, you will not be disappointed with vaping. The nicotine levels while vaping are lower than smoking shisha (In my experience and opinion).

Since you are not a traditional smoker and haven't smoked a cigarette, then stick with the 0mg e-juices and keep shisha as your nicotine fix.

As others have suggested, read the threads on e-juice and order "sampler packs". I've just ordered a rose flavored e-juice as rose flavored shisha was my absolute favorite.

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
Welcome aboard Xolon! I've got a Protank full of Dark Lizard right now, probably my favorite from Lizard Juice. Another one, take a ride out toward Seffner, on 92 by Armwood high, YTS has a vast selection of flavors. Talk to Bradford or Rich. Their Captain Black with Madagascar Vanilla is EXCEPTIONAL!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread