Hey guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Owen

Nov 7, 2018
I'm new to vaping. And I have some questions. I saw this article "vaping vs Smoking" on VapingDaily website and I wanted to ask your point of view about it.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    408.5 KB · Views: 26

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm new to vaping. And I have some questions. I saw this article "Vaping vs Smoking" on VapingDaily website and I wanted to ask your point of view about it.
Hi and welcome,
It's okay. About what I would expect from a website operating on a commission basis. (MIG and Halo are a bit over represented)

upload_2018-11-7_15-6-21.png

Did you have any questions or concerns after reading the article?

Cheers
I

Attachments

• Capturvde.JPG
    Capturvde.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 6
  • upload_2018-11-7_15-5-57.png
    upload_2018-11-7_15-5-57.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Baditude

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Ryan Owen.

However, here are just a few of the chemicals that we can consider carcinogens:
    • Nicotine – The addictive chemical, gives the user the desire to want more. When people say they’re addicted to smoking, they’re addicted to nicotine.
    I am not one of the 'we'. I know nicotine doesn't cause cancer, and therefore I don't consider it to be a carcinogen.

I consider nicotine to be not any more addictive than breathing or caffeine. In fact, I consider nicotine to be WAY LESS addictive than breathing..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Overall, a pretty Balanced Article.

But I was Surprised to see UCSF and Slantz referenced as a source of "information".

"The University of California San Francisco’s Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education has identified nine chemicals in the vapor from e-cigarettes that are on California’s list of carcinogens and reproductive toxins. Not all of these chemicals are found in all vape juice. It should also be noted that this warning is meant to bring awareness to some of the potential dangers and not to actively discourage users from vaping. Simply put, it shows that there are still studies needed to determine exactly how safe vaping is compared to cigarettes."

Vaping vs. Smoking – Choosing the Lesser of Two Evils?

I think the statement below which was in the Comment section shows the Disparity between what Slantz pawns off as Science, and the Reality of Fear Based Propaganda.

Results: We found that the e-cigarette vapours contained some toxic substances. The levels of the toxicants were 9–450 times lower than in cigarette smoke and were, in many cases, comparable with trace amounts found in the reference product.
    Conclusions: Our findings are consistent with the idea that substituting tobacco cigarettes with e-cigarettes may substantially reduce exposure to selected tobacco-specific toxicants. E-cigarettes as a harm reduction strategy among smokers unwilling to quit, warrants further study.

9 chemicals identified so far in e-cig vapor that are on the California Prop 65 list of carcinogens and reproductive toxins | Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I'm new to vaping. And I have some questions. I saw this article "Vaping vs Smoking" on VapingDaily website and I wanted to ask your point of view about it.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    The article is better than most with regards to the truth as I see it. Below is a faster read though:
    VapeWild Test Results
    For the some of the good news:
    American Cancer Society Position Statement on Electronic Cigarettes
    E-cigs 'definitely' safer than smoking
    Vaping is the reason for massive decline in UK smoking
    Government legalises e-cigarettes in effort to make New Zealand smokefree by 2025
    New CDC Study: E Cig Vapor Does Not Contain Harmful Levels of Toxins ---New CDC Study, Vapor Contains No Toxic Chem
    For the bad part of the article, the AMA:
    Appendix: Definitions* “Tobacco product” means:
    "It is important to note that this definition would include e-cigarettes, even if they do not contain nicotine. Thus, subsection (b) refers to “any electronic device that delivers nicotine or other substances” ".
    How can any group of academics obfuscate folks with two very different compounds under one label and give credence* to it as tobacco? It's akin to saying any compound containing oxygen and carbon might be classified as a Tobacco product. :nah:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread