Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
To be honest I see no appreciable benefit from vaping. Unless you're a smoker wishing to quit?

Edit: There is one form of ejuice that some folks use medicinally. But discussion of it in this forum is (erroneously?) considered drug talk and could get you banned.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey everyone, I am new here and want to discuss vaping. I have many questions in my mind which I want to discuss here.
Can anyone help me to find out the benefits of vaping? I have read many articles, but I want real from benefits from you all.

Please help me!
Hi and welcome,
For me, the benefits are that I no longer smoke cigarettes.
How long have you been smoking and how many per day?

Clearing up some myths around e-cigarettes - Public health matters

Cheers
I

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Vaping has helped me give up a 2 pack per day smoking habit. I smoked for 42 years. I have replaced smoking with vaping and i still vape. And because i have suffered no ill effects from it, i choose to continue. Nicotine, though addictive, is by its self no different than caffeine in terms of physical harm.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Vaping has helped many smokers to stop smoking. The benefit of inhaling vapor and not smoke is smoke is carcinogenic and can lead to lung cancer and other pulmonary diseases such as chronic obstuctive pulmonary (COPD) and chronic bronchitis.

Vaping with nicotine e-liquid is controversial. Many will say nicotine is no more harmful than caffeine. Both nicotine and caffeine are stimulents and vasoconstrictors (drugs that narrow blood vessels which negatively contributes to high blood pressure, heart disease, and peripheral vascular disease). Others will argue that nicotine has positive health benefits of its own: slowing down Alzeheimer's Disease, chronic bowel disease, ADHD, etc.

LANDMARK VAPING STUDY FINDS E-CIGS ‘SUBSTANTIALLY IMPROVE’ HEALTH

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Vaping helped me end a 3 ppd habit and it was the only thing that worked. I don't consider vapng healthy I consider it harm reduction.

The only known benefit to nicotine is a somewhat tenuous relationship between nicotine and Alzheimer's but it may or may not eclipse the (again somewhat nebulous) cardiac risks.

My question is, you've read the literature you say, what other questions do you have?

Side effects of vaping for me include, I don't stink all the time, I can go longer between vaping and smoking, my thyroid function changed, my wrinkles got lessened (probably due to better circulation overall) my pre-COPD symptoms went away, I am no longer reluctant to stand near non smokers, I have a new set of activites I enjoy vaping is more fun and more interesting than smoking, and my driving may have improved since I no longer drop lit cigarettes in the car.

These are MY side effects yours may be different, but the thing of it is, unless you want to stop smoking, there is little net benefit and some risk. If you are a smoker wanting to change, in my opinion you SHOULD unless you think you can do it without vaping in which case you should probably do that.

The most well cited figure is 95% safer than smoking .I believe it.

Anna

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
I see what you're asking and for me the benefits of vaping is I can breath.before I found the lifestyle of vaping I had a mini stroke, I couldn't hardly breath.couldn't go outside to play football with my son.I'm 42 at the time I stopped smoking I was 37-6" 1 and around 250 pounds, not fat.so I wasn't out of shape just couldn't breath.I took a video of my kids at the park one time and I sounded like. 62 year old 500 pound man, whizzing and a funny click/gurgling when I would breath out lol.then that stroke happened and I was lucky it didn't mess up nothing as far as a droopy face or my body but I have a hard time remembering things.anyways my brother in law hooked me up with my first vaper mod and about a month later i could breathe a lot better.now it's been 5 years and I can breath lol, I can jog, run, play with my kids I can be in a group of people and not stink up the room smelling like an ashtray. I can't say I've saved money because I buy a lot of copper mods and they cost a lot I gave my kids there dad for a couple more years I hope.lots of benefits to vaping not just we all x amount of packs.a lot of people vape zero nic e juice do vaping tricks like rings and crazy stuff.lots of the people that do those tricks never even smoked they just like the vaping competition and that's it.to each there own really.I'm sure others have there own storys of how vaping benefited them.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
1. Vaping made it possible for me to quit smoking.

2. Welcome to ECF.

Yes. Those two things. :)

Without vaping, I'd still be smoking. I expect to reduce my risk by 95% at least. I also save a LOT of money.
Just be careful... before you dive in and give it a try - not all e-cigarettes are created equal. I use good ones that are cheap to run, maybe a little expensive to buy.

There are some out there that are expensive to buy, expensive to run and may not help you much if you want to quit smoking. You will find the answers on here and NOT on review sites.

I wasted $800 using rubbish equipment and believing reviews. I'd hate to see anyone go through that. Some people see it as a rite of passage. I just call it money wasted on junk and into the pockets of greedy brands.

Good luck.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone, I am new here and want to discuss vaping. I have many questions in my mind which I want to discuss here.
Can anyone help me to find out the benefits of vaping? I have read many articles, but I want real from benefits from you all.
Please help me!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Vaping Benefits/Advantages:
Health
Taste (flavors)
Cost
Cleanliness
No stink, self,clothes, environment
Hobby
Fun
Stealthy
Less negative social stigma
Promote new like minded friendships
Scalability, near complete control of all the above

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Jo Harvelle

Sep 17, 2018
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by classwife

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I am here to confirm that one of my friends suggested me ... for treating anxiety. So anyone has experience for the same.
Have you talked to your doctor about using nicotine for your anxiety? It might help but would talk to a doctor before moving forward.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I am here to confirm that one of my friends suggested me ... for treating anxiety. So anyone has experience for the same.

If you have medical issues, please see a qualified doctor.
... can be expensive. Use the type you drop under your tongue so EVERY mg is absorbed.

Cheers
I

Last edited by a moderator:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Something in that response was moderated out, so if it is what I suspect you are referring to (not nic) we really can't give advice here, especially if said product is NOT designed for the type of gear that is used ONLY for nicotine vaping. Often (most of the time) you are going to need a device designed for that type of use.

So unless it's standard vaping with nic, which is what this forum is for, you may need a different forum, and honestly that is what you WANT not only because any discussion of vaping other than nicotine is prohibited here so it can't be talked about, well, another forum is going to have members that (probably) know a great deal more about the topic than ECF and can steer you in a better direction would be my guess.
Good luck
Anna

• Agree
Reactions: DaveOno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread