Hey! Hows it going everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee604

May 28, 2014
Canada
Hey everyone,

My name is Garret from Vancouver BC. Very close to 10 years of smoking analogs and now here I am 34 days into vaping, down to 6mg of nicotine and I LOVE it!!! I've been creeping this forum for info over the last month and decided to finally come by and say hello. I started off by purchasing the EVOD starter kit with a Protank Mini 2 and just last week I moved up to the iTaste VV/VW v3.0. I like it but Im KILLING the battery so often! Im also starting to get annoyed constantly having to refill my tanks. My 23rd bday is coming up on June 15th, as a gift to myself and my accomplishment I want to upgrade from my current setup but I need any help I can get, recommendations, pretty much anything!

:toast:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Welcome to ECF and congrats on quitting :)

As far as recommendations, we need some sort of framework - otherwise you are just going to get the same list here you would get by googling vape upgrade. Tell us your budget, what shape is more appealing (tube or box), would you like VV/VW or Mechanical, Removable batteries or internal ones, etc. Give us every detail you can and if there are any devices you are drawn to, tell us which ones. :)

Gee604

May 28, 2014
Canada
Hey creepylady thanks for the response! Well for starters I'm working in and around $200 most likely. I want to go the mechanical route I think at this point but I'm not sure if I'm seasoned enough with info to do this....shape has never been a huge thing with me but I will admit I'm not in love with the boxes. I want to go with removable batteries for sure. I'm not really eyeing anything in particular. I did see a sweet looking beast the other day at the vape shop...I believe it was called a Brass chi....? I've looked at and read about a provari online but yeah I really don't know!

I'm looking for something reliable that I won't outgrow in a few weeks as I've been doing! With vaping I really enjoy the throat hit and vapor production so an upgrade that can provide that is the dream.

I appreciate the help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
If you're already irritated just from having to refill your tanks a mech mod probably isn't for you, since you will be and need to be checking your battery voltage way more than you would ever be filling up a tank, especially if you start dripping and most likely will need to learn how to rebuild coils, especially how most non-rebuildables don't work well with mechs. I looked in to the Chi You, since it was so much cheaper, but was turned off with how finicky it can be and you can get much better mods even clones, but a mech would have a higher start up cost.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Im sure someone will be along with some recommendations soon, I use mechanical box mods since they are smaller, so I cant be to helpful with what you are looking for :)

A Provari is a fabulous reliable device but it is not a mechanical mod. A mechanical is a metal battery tube, with a button and a connection. It relies upon you to build coils to the right resistance for you to get the performance you desire. You also have no electronics - which means its super durable - but it also means you are now your own fail safe. You will no longer get low battery warnings (you cannot fully discharge batteries it damages them) and your device will still fire even if there is a short or what have you in your coil build.

If you are in want of a truly mechanical mod - (they are fabulous its all I use) just make sure you have a full understanding of exactly what you are getting into. If you want a regulated device (VV/VW types - the same style tube but with electronics, safety features, etc like the Provari) those are great too- its not really that you will outgrow one over the other - its really personal preference.

Gee604

May 28, 2014
Canada
Hi garret, where about in vancouver? I used to live in coquitlam for 9 yrs. Congrats on quiting.

Btw, I thought its illegal in canada, my sister still live there, might get her to buy me some premium liquid when she comes home.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Im so unsure of the laws in Vancouver at this point LOL....but it seems like every other day a small little vape shop is opening up around the Vancouver area. You can find full range of nic juice and devices around, so the vape community is defiantly kicking here.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! It seems like the Provari is held is quite high regard. I'm leaning towards it based on simplicity.....

But I'm intrigued by mechanical mods, building coils and wicking....it seems like the best vapor production comes from these devices....I just saw nano dragon coil today and wow....but I just have no clue where to start, what to buy.....

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Hey creepylady thanks for the response! Well for starters I'm working in and around $200 most likely. I want to go the mechanical route I think at this point but I'm not sure if I'm seasoned enough with info to do this....shape has never been a huge thing with me but I will admit I'm not in love with the boxes. I want to go with removable batteries for sure. I'm not really eyeing anything in particular. I did see a sweet looking beast the other day at the vape shop...I believe it was called a Brass chi....? I've looked at and read about a provari online but yeah I really don't know!

I'm looking for something reliable that I won't outgrow in a few weeks as I've been doing! With vaping I really enjoy the throat hit and vapor production so an upgrade that can provide that is the dream.

I appreciate the help :)

I'll tell you what I use since you are TBD on mechs, Not high on boxes, want replaceable batts.
Provari (VV) - wife loves hers
VRT (VV/VW) - wife loves hers
134 Mini (VV/VW) - wife loves hers
Vamo (VV/VW) - wife has 4 (SSV2, ALV2, Brass V2, SSV3), I have 4 (SSV2, ALV2, SSV3, SSV5) we both love and use them all
Sigelei Zmax (VV/VW) - I own a V3 and love it
Evic (VV/VW) - I own and like it
Private V2 (mech mod) - I own 2 like it

Batteries - For VV/VW mods and mech using a standard BCC tank, I use Panasonic NCR18650PF (10A) or Samsung INR18650-20R (20A) batteries
Charger - Intellicharger I4 (4 slot), I've also used the Efest LUC (2 slot)
Tanks - Protank (7-8 tanks), Protank V2 (2-4 tanks), Puritank (12-16 tanks), Davide Anyvape, IClear30, IClear30S, IClearX.1 (all of the IClears came with Innokin mods) I've also added Aerotank bases to most of the PT and Puritanks.

Gee604

May 28, 2014
Canada
I'll tell you what I use since you are TBD on mechs, Not high on boxes, want replaceable batts.
Provari (VV) - wife loves hers
VRT (VV/VW) - wife loves hers
134 Mini (VV/VW) - wife loves hers
Vamo (VV/VW) - wife has 4 (SSV2, ALV2, Brass V2, SSV3), I have 4 (SSV2, ALV2, SSV3, SSV5) we both love and use them all
Sigelei Zmax (VV/VW) - I own a V3 and love it
Evic (VV/VW) - I own and like it
Private V2 (mech mod) - I own 2 like it

Batteries - For VV/VW mods and mech using a standard BCC tank, I use Panasonic NCR18650PF (10A) or Samsung INR18650-20R (20A) batteries
Charger - Intellicharger I4 (4 slot), I've also used the Efest LUC (2 slot)
Tanks - Protank (7-8 tanks), Protank V2 (2-4 tanks), Puritank (12-16 tanks), Davide Anyvape, IClear30, IClear30S, IClearX.1 (all of the IClears came with Innokin mods) I've also added Aerotank bases to most of the PT and Puritanks.

Thank you for your insight! I think I'll be going with a Provari while I accumulate batteries, multimeter and generally learn more about mechanical mods + RBA/RDAs.

So another question: which topper should I use with the Provari? AeroTank, Nautilis or Kayfun (or a clone)???

Gee604

May 28, 2014
Canada
I tried an aerotank once and was not impressed and have never bought one.
I have both Nautilus and Kayfun tanks on order but have used neither.
So, sorry I'll withhold judgment. If it's more than just hype, the Nautilus and Kayfun are the best thing since the invention of soap.

I ended up grabbing a Nautilus on Friday and WOW! It's a great topper. Nice clouds, smooth draw. It's great. I really want a kayfun next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread