2 batteries and 2 tanks. Something is messed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey everybody. Pretty new to vaping, about a month and a half so far and I hate to make my first real post a problem question, but the online vaping community seems to be the place to go for knowledge. Here's what's going on. First, my set-up. I have 2 tanks. A Kanger Evod 2 and a Kanger Aerotank 2. As well as now, 2 batteries. and itaste vv v3.0 and a Vision Spinner 1300. My problem apparently centers around my 2 oldest pieces. The Evod 2 and the itaste. With the itaste, the thing when fully charged is only staying charged for about 2-3 hours tops all of the sudden. It used to go for 6 to 8. And all of the sudden, the Evod 2 won't work on it (gets no hit at all). Last night, it wouldn't hit for about 45 minutes, then all of the sudden, bam it started going like normal. Tonight, nothing at all. Changed the coil, nothing. So I switched batteries. Put the Evod 2 on the spinner and it works fine. Now, my Aerotank works fine on both batteries. So originally I thought maybe bad coil and bad battery? Or maybe it's just the battery, but like I said the Aerotank seems to work fine on it. Any ideas? Bad Evod 2? Bad itaste? What do you think?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome!

If the EVOD isn't firing, it's not connecting. QC of a lot of these items can be hit or miss. You might try pulling the connector pin on the EVOD out a tiny (really tiny) bit. What you want is to gently pull the metal part below the rubber insulator out a little bit.

EVOD-Coils-500x500.jpg

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Worked! Got it with a pair of needlenose. Thank you my friend! I'm gonna start coming here before I keep burning through coils. What are your thoughts on the itaste getting weak?

I've never had one, so I don't know. I haven't had a Spinner either. I have Twists, but I don't use them anymore. I never noticed a shortened battery life with them, but I like to rotate mods - as in almost every other puff - so battery life isn't something I gauge very well.

ETA: Perhaps there's something useful here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-life-you-getting-your-itaste-vv-v3-0-a.html

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, that's what I use at home. But I'm not always around a computer or plug. This Vision Spinner 1300 does seem to handle it a bit better. Maybe use that when I'm out and save the itaste for home?

800mAh isn't going to last you very long. Theoretically, 100mAh is roughly equal to own hour of use, but that isn't true in vaping, especially when using a variable voltage/wattage device. Adding a 1.8Ω dual coil... my guess is it will last 5 or 6 hours. Maybe.

ETA: You said your Spinner was 1300mAh, so yes, that's a much better choice to take out with you and the EVOD. Single coils won't use up battery life so fast.

Last edited:

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Don't forget to keep the contacts on your battery and charger clean. When I am swapping out a used battery for a charged one, I dip a Qtip into rubbing alcohol, get as much moisture off the Qtip as possible, and wipe down the contact, then use the other end of the Qtip to dry it off before putting the battery on the charger. If you need to clean your charger, don't forget to unplug it before cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread