Hey I've been gone for a while, whats the new go to setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
Looking to buy a new rba tank and mod, what the hot tried and true tested setup nowadays? Right now Im maining a kbox/subtank plus and a subox/subtank mini, been with this for the last couple years. Any setup you guys recommend with good flavor and on the smaller side? Under 70 bucks total?

Reactions: bnrkwest

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
The Istick Pico mod and Serpent Mini RTA sound like exactly what you need

An excellent combo.

P1020520.JPG

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
The FDA has passed some regulations. Part of the regulations make it illegal to import or sell any vaping hardware or e liquid that was not on the market prior to 8-8-2016.

So, in the USA, we will not be getting any new types or models of Vape gear unless the RDA regulations are overturned.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain

Pico mod for sure,, I top it off with a Griffin 22 clone or a Avocado 22 clone..wouldn't mind having a Mini Serpent topper.

(the black rubber looking thing on my Griffin is an a/c oring.. does a wonderful job protecting my atty from breaking,, but not the most attractive :)

Pico at Ft $25.23,, maybe find one state side for $35-45
$25.23 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 100-315C'(200-600F') / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Pico w Griffin 22 clone.jpg
Pico w Avocado  22 clone.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@Altaire Versailles you might want to look into stocking up while you can, at least on mods, tanks and coils (if you use ready made) and nic (if you use nic) since those wont be available when the dark ages hit. Juice is easy to make (if you don't already make your own) and all the ingredients (except for nic) are used outside the vaping community so they should be available long-term. Same for batteries.

Actually right now is a good time to stock up. Lots of sales going on.

There are lots of threads here dealing with all these issues. Look around, but feel free to ask if you need help.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Looking to buy a new RBA tank and mod, what the hot tried and true tested setup nowadays? Right now Im maining a kbox/subtank plus and a subox/subtank mini, been with this for the last couple years. Any setup you guys recommend with good flavor and on the smaller side? Under 70 bucks total?

You've had a kbox and subox for "a couple of years"?

That's impressive, considering both were first introduced in 2015. The Kbox was Kangers first box mod, released in late February 2015.

Now, that said, I'm going to go against the "cheapest mod possible" mantra here, and say that if you want a great mod that is similar to what you're used to using, look at the Hcigar VT75. It's a DNA75 chipped mod, very high quality, and can use either an 18650 or a 26650 battery. It's going to be far more accurate and provide a much smoother hit than the Pico, is customizable and firmware upgradable while the Pico isn't, and with the 26650 battery it can go a lot longer between charges than the Pico.

And if you buy it from VapeNW this weekend and use the Coupon Code 20%offLaborday you can get it for just $64.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I think most everybody here would agree that you should buy the best mods you can afford so they will last you a long time. It wouldn't make sense to buy the cheapest mod possible since we don't know what, if anything, will be available later on. Hopefully your finances will allow you to buy more than one of each so you can have back ups.

Unfortunately it's all a crapshoot. We are stocking up our favorites because no one really knows what will happen. Best to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
The FDA has passed some regulations. Part of the regulations make it illegal to import or sell any vaping hardware or e liquid that was not on the market prior to 8-8-2016.

So, in the USA, we will not be getting any new types or models of Vape gear unless the RDA regulations are overturned.
Thats fine theres already so much good stuff out, no biggie

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
@Altaire Versailles you might want to look into stocking up while you can, at least on mods, tanks and coils (if you use ready made) and nic (if you use nic) since those wont be available when the dark ages hit. Juice is easy to make (if you don't already make your own) and all the ingredients (except for nic) are used outside the vaping community so they should be available long-term. Same for batteries.

Actually right now is a good time to stock up. Lots of sales going on.

There are lots of threads here dealing with all these issues. Look around, but feel free to ask if you need help.
wait I thought the stuff would still be available, just nothing new?

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Duplicate posts

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
I think most everybody here would agree that you should buy the best mods you can afford so they will last you a long time. It wouldn't make sense to buy the cheapest mod possible since we don't know what, if anything, will be available later on. Hopefully your finances will allow you to buy more than one of each so you can have back ups.

Unfortunately it's all a crapshoot. We are stocking up our favorites because no one really knows what will happen. Best to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.
So no more products are being manufactured after 8.8.16? As in once the ones already made are sold there will be no more? Or no new designs and flavors can be made? I dont understand

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Thats fine theres already so much good stuff out, no biggie

That is my thought as well.

The other part of the FDA's regulations will make all Vape gear illegal to sell starting 8-8-2018.... assuming it doesn't get overturned.

That makes some people nervous. I am not understanding the immediate need to start stocking up on gear.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
No new designs or flavors, but manufacturing of current models will continue.
Oh, thats not a big deal then. I always thought once that happened they were just shutting vaping down and people were gonna be trying to diy everything, I was kinda resigned to just going through whatever I had in stock at the time and quitting lol

Reactions: jjatl

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
You're right. I didnt explain that very well did I? I should have said "may not be available".

Yes, what's here now should still be here if the FDA gets away with making vaping illegal which it looks like they are trying to do. If that happens will we still be able to buy anything? IMO prices will probably go up as some states are starting to add taxes to existing products and others may follow suit.

Thats why I said prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread