HHV disappointment: 4 flavors reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bappo

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2012
Idaho
Newbie here as well. Gandalf in a mini nova always comes with me to work as it is easily my favorite but I have tried a bunch in a short time. Buddy has let me try a whole slew of different stuff. Drip it first and if it appeals to me it goes in a Gotvapes 1.25 Phoenix (holds 1ml) for a trial. So far of the trials I have liked (and would order) CC House Blend and BWB Honey Flue Cured. Many others are not doing it. So the OP isn't the only newbie trying lots of stuff.

So the OP isn't the only newbie trying lots of stuff.

Same here. As I've read many times on this site, the equipment is easy...the hard part is finding juices you like. My problem is I tend to like most of them. LOL But I've come full circle. I thought the desserts would be my favorites...nope...then fruits...nope...and I'm back to mainly tobaccos. I'll vape them all eventually or at least mix them up (I'm thinking a juice suicide...giggle), but I have a lot of sample bottles in my box consisting of desserts and fruits. I think it's part of starting out on this vaping journey. I'll vape anything to keep from smoking the real cigs. :)

Highlander, I wish you luck in your journey. :) And you are inspiring me to maybe dip my toe into DIY one day.

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
Wow I am not sure if you Gandalf junkies could be any more obnoxious. "OP hasn't been vaping long enough for that Gandalf to have steeped properly"

Seriously?

Get over yourselves. It's a juice.

He wasn't impressed. Not a thing wrong with that. Jumping all over him and nit picking his review is just rude.

To the OP

Good review! I agree they arent very tobacco like having said that I do like gandalf its a nice smooth vape after a week or so that I dont find too sweet but very calming for some reason.

Please dont stop doing reviews based on the HHV fan club coming and and hijacking your thread. I thought it was well written and quite descriptive.

I look forward to hearing about other juices you try good or bad.

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
Nope there is nothing wrong with trying to be helpful but what this thread looks like to me is a crowd of people from another thread coming in and piling on because someone doesn't like their favorite juice vendors juices.

He doesn't like them, hell he didn't even say he didn't like them he said they didn't come across to him as being very tobacco flavored.

Yet you feel the need to come here and hijack his thread and tell him how he should vape. He just isnt doing it right he should slow down and acquire a taste he hasn't let it steep long enough blah blah blah.

That's not helpful that's a bunch of groupies pilling on and its rude IMHO.

Guess what not everyone has been vaping for years and if HHV is only good if you have been vaping for years then maybe this thread will keep new vapers from wasting their money on a juice that you need fully developed taste buds to enjoy or that needs to sit on a shelf for a month till its decent.

I happen to like Gandalf and I am a new vaper and guess what it only takes 5 days till I start to like it, But I hate it at first. Guess I am doing it all wrong as well and I really should hate it cause I have about 40 different juices on my desk as well and I keep trying new things all the time.

And now I am hijacking this thread.

Sorry OP

I am all for being helpful but thats not what I see in this thread. Maybe if I didn't recognize all the people trying to tell him how he should be doing things from this thread

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...717-heathers-heavenly-vapes-tobacco-line.html

I would feel differently.

But it sure looks like a bunch of true believers piling on cause someone has a critical view of their favorite juice.

And yup the comment that he hadnt been vaping long enough for it to steep with the little winky face was so over the top I had to say something.

Hell you all badgered him so much he said he said he probably wasn't going to do any more reviews. His review was good. Hate to see him stop doing them.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Wow Johny. Playing victim is fun I suppose.

It would be a little different if he would have reviewed one juice, let it steep, and vaped it and didn't care for it. I'm in no way a fanboy as I vape many vendors and am on an alice in vapeland binge as I type this. I also strongly dislike Gollum and Atomic Grasshopper with a passion. But he reviewed multiple juices that are all very different from one another especially after two weeks of steeping(not a month like you exaggerate)so him saying he dislikes all of them is ground room for the conclusion that he might have done something wrong. I'm not calling him a liar or a bad reviewer. I think he's an excellent reviewer who pays attention to the flavor profiles as well as he can. But that's the very issue. At three weeks of vaping and juice that's "a few days steeped" there isn't much of a flavor profile his taste bud can comprehend. When I first started vaping I vaped totally wicked and thought their cola ejuice was amazing. Now it tastes like gingerbread cookies. Why? Because it steeped and because because I can finally taste.

And while it might sound insulting to a newb to say "you haven't even been vaping long enough for the juice to steep", it is absolutely appropriate to do so. Just like it's appropriate to advice he give more complex NAT's(saying nats don't taste like tobacco is like saying apple juice doesn't taste like apple)time to steep and especially time for his taste buds to grow back. Btw the OP and I have about the same length vaping career and I'd have handled this review and these juices just like he did if I were writing reviews back in September too.

*Sorry for reviving an ancient thread everyone*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread