Hi all! New to vaping and quit smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ema__

Feb 15, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all!

My names Ema. I am new to vaping and quit smoking on the second day because of it! I smoked 25 a day. So this is wonderful for me!

However, I am pretty clueless about what gear to buy, what liquid is safe etc.

What I have so far:

Starter kit ego battery 510 with top fill clearamiser that has a silicon (I think) wick. (I thought this was great. Great throat hit (with 1.8ml nicotine; 50/50 VG PG) but not completely satisfying. I had to vape more then I smoked (which I've read is normal) but I also had to inhale pretty hard to get a more satisfying throat hit.

Also...
Recently purchased an aspire BVC tank and some new liquid. Unsure of the PG/VG mix. My thoughts: the liquid is smooth. Very smooth. But.. Practically no throat hit.

Is this because I am using this clearomiser on a basic ego (650mah) batt? I placed the new liquid into the old clearomiser (with silicon wick) and get a much better throat hit? Is there a difference between the silocin wick clearomiser and the aspire BVC? I don't see why a more prestige type of clearomiser (aspire; from what I've been told) is not giving me the throat hit that my originally purchased silicon wick clearomiser has been.

What I have on the way:

Aspire CF VV 1000mah batt + nautilus mini tank. Plus, Vaporfi liquid (1.8ml) + Liberty flights liquid (2.4ml)

How do you think I will do with this new gear in regards to throat hit?

Thanks for all your help guys and I am happy to be a part of the vaping community :) just want to stick to it.. So need the right gear to satisfy my old analog cigarette smoking self.

Cheers,

Ema

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. The wick makes a difference in flavor sometimes, but not usually in throat hit. I think a more likely culprit is a different coil value. A higher value coil will make less and cooler vapor than a lower one, comparatively. It can also be the PG/VG mix in your new liquid; more PG=more throat hit. Seems less likely, though, as you like it better in your old tank. Note also nicotine provides throat hit; your 24 will hit harder than your 18 under identical use. You should do very well with the Nautilus/CFVV combination. The Nauti is very highly regarded, and the CF is about the best in the VV regime, if a bit large in size. Using the lower value coils for the Nauti-- I think they're 1.6 ohm-- will increase the amount and warmth of the vapor, as will increasing the voltage on the Aspire. Maximum voltage on the Aspire (4.8) across a 1.6 ohm coil will make about 14.5 watts, and that's on the high end of the normal range for that tank. Very few people run it higher than 16-18 watts. Finally, throat hit can be increased in all juices by adding a few drops of high proof vodka or pure grain alcohol to your juice hottle and shaking well. Just a few, it's very powerful. Start low and work up.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
My names Ema. I am new to vaping and quit smoking on the second day because of it! I smoked 25 a day. So this is wonderful for me!

Congrats

(I thought this was great. Great throat hit (with 1.8ml nicotine; 50/50 VG PG) but not completely satisfying. I had to vape more then I smoked (which I've read is normal) but I also had to inhale pretty

Try going up a level of Nicotine to scratch that itch as my friend says then gradually wean down the level of Nicotine where you want. I was talking with a lady vaper yesterday. She started at 18 mg. On evod clearomiser. Then moved onto sub ohming, and in 6 months was down to vaping 6 mg nicotine, and two months later she was making her own ejuice.

Recently purchased an aspire BVC tank and some new liquid. Unsure of the PG/VG mix. My thoughts: the liquid is smooth. Very smooth. But.. Practically no throat hit.

Throat hit is caused by nicotine and Propylene Glycol.

You may be able to improve the flavor and throat hit by adjusting power if you have a variable Voltage/Variable wattage. Often shortened to vv/vw.

Is this because I am using this clearomiser on a basic ego (650mah) batt? I placed the new liquid into the old clearomiser (with silicon wick) and get a much better throat hit? Is there

You don't have the power to Fire the coil properly.

Aspire CF VV 1000mah batt + nautilus mini tank. Plus, Vaporfi liquid (1.8ml) + Liberty flights liquid (2.4ml)

Thanks for all your help guys and I am happy to be a part of the vaping community :) just want to stick to it.. So need the right gear to satisfy my old analog cigarette smoking self.

Cheers,

Ema

I would have been better if you had asked before making that purchase..

The new one only has 350 more mah than your current mod. If you want to go sub ohming and firing coils at 30+ watts the mod will quickly be drained and you need to get a more powerful Mod.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi @Ema , and welcome to the ECF forums!

You'll get lots of great advice here. Also, there are many very nice members from Australia here that can help you with more local advice for sources and such. @Krisma is one, and she's in the contest thread.

You don't have to stay in here for help, you can come join in the contest to win a FREE new setup, every post counts as an entry, so
come, ask away, and make new friends. Click the link below and come say hi!

Running - Win again! 100 x Movkin Luggy VT60W & 100 Mini's up for grabs!

Ema__

Feb 15, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all,

thank you for the very warm welcome and some great advice. Suprtrkr, thank you for some great advice! I will look at purchasing a lower value coil and trying the alcohol mix with the wattage setup you described on my aspire vv batt when it arives.

Two_Bears: thank you for your advice also. Hopefully the new batt on the aspire VV will give me a better vape and next time I will ask you all before I make another purchase. The advice I got to purchase the aspire VV with the nautilus tank was from a supplier, but next time I will ask the experts on this forum.

BrotherBob: I will definitely be asking next time. Thank you for your advice as it makes complete sense- the last juice I vaped before purchasing this new aspire BVC tank was indeed a fruity one, and the new one I am vaping with the BVC does include some cream based flavours. Also, I think suprtrkr and two_bears answered why it would taste different on the new aspire BVC compared to my previous ego wick type clearomiser.

LouisLeBeau: thank you for your welcome and your offer to join the competition forum. I shall be joining you guys and gals soon :)

Thank you all again! Happy vaping!

- Ema

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hi all!

However, I am pretty clueless about what gear to buy, what liquid is safe etc.

What I have so far:

Starter kit ego battery 510 with top fill clearamiser that has a silicon (I think) wick. (I thought this was great. Great throat hit (with 1.8ml nicotine; 50/50 VG PG) but not completely satisfying. I had to vape more then I smoked (which I've read is normal) but I also had to inhale pretty hard to get a more satisfying throat hit.

Also...

Is this because I am using this clearomiser on a basic ego (650mah) batt? I placed the new liquid into the old clearomiser (with silicon wick) and get a much better throat hit? Is there a difference between the silocin wick clearomiser and the aspire BVC? I don't see why a more prestige type of clearomiser (aspire; from what I've been told) is not giving me the throat hit that my originally purchased silicon wick clearomiser has been.

What I have on the way:

Cheers,

Ema
Your CF Vv and Nautilus mini are a solid combination for mouth to lung vaping, I had both. Eventually you might want to look at an Istick 30 or 40w or cool Fire IV for longer battery life. I find both the 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils give similar performance at the same wattage, with VV you'll have higher wattage with a given voltage setting using the 1.6. But really you just adjust the voltage for what suits you, for me it's 3.7 to 4.2 v or 8 to 10 w on watt mode with my isticks. As some have said higher pg and higher Nic give more throat hit. Good luck!

Ema__

Feb 15, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hi David, nice to meet you and thank you for your advice.

I have just received my aspire cf vv in the mail (still waiting for my nautilus tank). I attached the aspire BVC tank I have and played around with the different voltage options. 4.3 seems like a good option for me, with the just lower 3.8 not really satisfying. I wonder if this will be different with the nautilus mini? And, yes I am sure it will be different with the different Nic and PG/VG ratio liquids I am still waiting to receive. Can't wait to try them out.

Cheers,

Ema

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @Ema__

I can't say for sure, but VaporFi and Liberty Flights have a dubious reputation for prices, especially for Australians.

Australia has it's own vaping forum (Aussie Vapers) where you can get the low-down.

Things are difficult out there, but that doesn't mean we should accept the prices and services some of these companies offer. I boycott one (LF) and point out the other is one of the most over-priced brands in the industry.

You can make up your own mind. I'll leave it at that. Good luck. :)

Ema__

Feb 15, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hi djsvapour, thank you for your response and advice on eliquids. It's amazing how some of us (me) are sucked in to paying those high prices because we way out that it is still wayyyy cheaper then smoking cigarettes. But ofcourse, a large order from international suppliers with rip-off international express shipping costs are a killer!

Will be seeing you at Aussie vapours :)

Cheers,

Ema

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread