The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi all

Discussion in 'North Texas Vapers' started by TexFan, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TexFan

TexFan Full Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Ovilla
    Hello from South of South Dallas. New to the forum, and have been researching switching to digital from analog for a couple of weeks. Jeez, it's like another full time job. Will probably be going to the store in Richardson today, so the S/O can see what she might like. I'll keep you posted & will be asking tons of questions later.:toast:

2. Pokerchix

Pokerchix Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Hi TexFan :) Welcome to ECF! I was at the store last Saturday and will be back there this saturday taking a friend in and getting her setup. Glad to see ya here.

3. TexFan

TexFan Full Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Ovilla
    Update...

We visited the Richardson Vaporescence on Thursday. Very friendly, very helpful staff. It looks like they have a large supply of juice. They sell 60/40 PG/VG. Limited supply of PVs, but options in every size. I'm pretty sure I saw one guy vaping with a modified BBQ grill with a car battery...lol I picked an eGo-T and she picked a 510. We're still in the learning curve, but so far, so good. The eGo was smaller in person than it looked online, so I'm comfortable with it.

One thing I just noticed is that our PVs don't have a manufacturer's name anywhere on the PV, the instructions, or on the box they came in. The Joye model that I see online has their name all over it. Is the one I bought a knockoff, and if so, should I be concerned? Seems to me that a knockoff would be less expensive than the 79.00 I paid for it. I know brick n mortar stores will be more, but I'm questioning what I purchased now. I don't mind paying a bit more, since we needed some training, and I like supporting local trade.

Called store & asked a few questons. The 510-T is displayed with two batteries, two cartos and the other blank tanks, etc. She wanted the passthru as well. I "assumed" that we'd be coming home with the 510-T starter kit plus the passthru, but they kept one of the batteries, gave us a passthru and charged us 15.00 extra for good measure. A new battery to replace the one we didn't get is 25 bucks, so I'm feeling a little sour about this experience so far. I'll be going back to the store this afternoon or tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it works out.

4. carpedebass

carpedebass Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    The Alamo City
    Hey Texfan. Welcome!! Hope you get your battery!!

5. Pokerchix

Pokerchix Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    OH that sucks TexFan. I got the "Bullet" from them and it is great. I got an Ego-T also but it is just a little drip setup to play around with really. If you are not happy get in contact with James, from what I heard he will make sure they get it right.

6. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    On the Joye 510, I've never seen the name Joye on one anywhere. I've seen some rebranded ones with the name of the vendor (or the logo, I mean) on them, but never Joye. Not sure what you've seen and where.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.