Hi Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Long time lurker (so long, in fact, I'm surprised that ECF hasn't filed for a restraining order!), and I finally decided to set up an account.

I've been a pack a day smoker for the last 16 years, and I started first vaping about a year ago when my girlfriend bought me Greensmoke starter kit. They helped me to cut cut down, but weren't enough to get me off the anologues completely. I know Greensmoke gets some mixed reviews here on the forum, but, as the "device" which introduced me to vaping, I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for it!

I bought an eGo-C kit on a whim in December last year. It was probably the best thing I've ever done! I wasn't at all impressed with the tank system, but, from the very first puff, I knew that I'd be able to quit smoking. I got rid of the tank and started using Boge cartos, and, crucially, found some e-liquids that I really liked. I was still having the occasional cigarette, but I quickly found that I was enjoying vaping much more than I was enjoying smoking. Then, just over a month ago, I bought a couple of 650mAh eGo-C Twists and some Smoktech DCTs (with 2.0ohm single coil cartos) and I've been analogue free ever since!

I've also just started dripping on a Cisco LR atty, and I've been bitten by the bug! I'm going to buy a Silver Bullet as my main dripping device, and, once that's sorted, I can get on with the important business of trying some new juices!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say "hi". I know it's NY Vapefest this weekend, so enjoy! Looking forward to reading about it all next week.

J-Squared

Attachments

• eGo-C_Twist_650mAh.jpg
    eGo-C_Twist_650mAh.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 9

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Haha! Thanks M! Right now I'm vaping some Halo Torque 56, and I've got a tank of Turkish Tobacco on the go too. Since I started dripping, I've been trying out a few non-tobacco flavours. Green Peach Tea by Rawr has been a bit of a revelation for me. I also tried some Washington Red Apple from Pink Spot last night and really liked that as well. Any recommendations?

J

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Congrats, and don't be a wall flower. We enjoy open participation here.

Thanks, Baditude! It's so weird that you replied - you've helped me so many times without even realising it!

I was always able to find the answers to any questions I had here on the forums, without needing to set up an account and start a new thread of my own. It only occurred to me recently that this is, first and foremost, a community and that I was missing out on that side of things!

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Welcome and congrats!

Your story is very similar to my own. Started with Greensmokes, then bought an eGo. Now, buying mods seems to have become a hobby unto itself for me.

Yeah - It's definitely beginning to feel a bit like a hobby! When you used Greensmoke did you happen to try their Tobacco Gold flavour? I've been trying to find an e-liquid that tastes similar to that, but haven't found one yet.

Just read your other post - I haven't heard of Heather's Heavenly Vapors, but I'll definitely check them out. I really want to try Boba's, but it's out of stock at Liberty Flights UK at the moment. I think they're getting some more in soon, though.

SEVapz

Moved On
Mar 23, 2013
Sweden
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Hey!

I love to hear stories how people got into the vaping world and they have quit smoking!
I never tried any tobacco flavor. I like all the fruity flavors i have tried, but right now vanilla is a favorite.

Try vanilla if you like sweet taste

And welcome to the forum

Hi SEVapz! Thanks for the warm welcome. I haven't tried a straight up vanilla flavour yet, but I've got a few juices that have a definite vanilla note in them and I really enjoy it. Is it very very sweet on it's own? I think Rawr does a vanilla, so I might drop a bottle in my basket next time I'm juice shopping.

J-Squared

MikeJA

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
California
I think I did try that flavor from greensmokes. But it's been well over a year since I did, so I don't really remember exactly how it tasted/what to compare it to. When I first started vaping, I was determined to find something that closely resembled the taste of a cigarette. Now, I don't. There are just so many fantastic flavors to vape!

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
I think I did try that flavor from greensmokes. But it's been well over a year since I did, so I don't really remember exactly how it tasted/what to compare it to. When I first started vaping, I was determined to find something that closely resembled the taste of a cigarette. Now, I don't. There are just so many fantastic flavors to vape!

I totally agree and my experiences with various different flavours since buying a dripping atomizer have really opened my eyes to that. The bizarre thing about the Tobacco Gold is that I never really thought of it as a tobacco flavour! It did have a certain "smokiness" about it, granted. But, it also had a sweet, caramel-y quality about it. The vapour was a bit...errr...sticky on the tongue, if that makes any kind of sense? I know the fact that I said "caramel" might make people think of an RY4, but it wasn't really that at all.

Anyway, as you say - there are so many other great flavours out there to try!

schmicknick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Midwest USA
...all good, J,
...Those sound like nice flavors. I haven't tried those yet. Not by those names, anyhow...
...I gravitated toward coffee and caramel type flavors, myself, along with the odd pear or blueberry...
...I know that the RY3, and such, have the tobacco basenotes... and I really liked the RY3 that I've tried.
...From what I've gathered from reading, I think I would have you look at this site for flavors which have a solid tobacco base to the flavoring: Smoke Juice Johnson Creek Smoke Juice
...Lately, I have been using (very happily) of all with the juices of Black Velvet ( Welcome to Black Velvet e-Juice - Oklahoma's finest! ) ...but there are many others that are highly worth mentioning...

..so...are you happy that the Olympics are over? Or would you have that going on all the time?

...All the best, Cheers, ~M

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
I can actually walk from my apartment to the Olympic Park in about 15 Minutes! It was a great time, that's for sure! I must admit, I wasn't particularly interested in it right up until the moment it all started. But there was such an amazing atmosphere, it was difficult not to get caught up in it all! Londoners tend to keep themselves to themselves (they can come across as rude!), but, during the Olympics everyone was happy, smiling, and, more importantly, friendlier! There's still a lot of that spirit about the place even now - a year later. Did you watch much of it on TV, M?

I also really like coffee type flavours, and, as it happens, I've just ordered some AVE Caramel Kicker to try out. I have actually tried Johnson Creek, but only the JC Original. It certainly does have a very robust tobacco base, but I didn't really like the overall flavour of that particular juice. If you like RY3/RY4s it might be worth a try, though - it's a very "clean" e-liquid with good vapour and throat hit. It was also the PG version I tried, and I've read a few posts that suggest that the VG (Red Oak) juices from Johnson Creek are much better at the moment. Just an FYI! I'm intrigued by what else they have to offer, so I think I'll order a sample pack to try some of their other flavours.

J

Last edited:

schmicknick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Midwest USA
J2... :)
...sounds great. It is quite an extensive place I expect...
...I watched parts, but didn't happen to see much of the outside space.
...Everybody in a good mood. That sounds pleasant as well. I'll hope for that to last.
...My sister has been to London. She thought highly of it, but I haven't been there...

...My next forays will be in some DIY liquid... I have a bunch of flavorings and apparatus now... I just need to set aside space for a laboratory :)

...Good luck. & All the best, Cheers, ~M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread