Hi everyone! New vaper here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
Hey y'all. I've been off analogs and have been happily vaping for a month and a half. So far I've just been lurking, and resisting the urge to ask annoying newbie questions, but I figured I'd pop in and show my hideous face (and say hi.)

Also wanted to share something. I've been trying out a bunch of flavors and quickly came to realize that I was losing track of which e-liquid was in which cartomizer, tank etc. So I devised a little sticker labeling system for myself. Here's a pic. The top right is a 2-letter abbreviation of the company's name, lower right is the nicotine amount, and then an icon on the left to represent the flavor. Hoping to find some more new juices that warrant their own stickers. :)

stickers.jpg

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Added a new sticker: Gamel by AVE juices. So far I'm 3/3 on liking juices I've tried from them. (Boba's, Gorilla Juice and Gamel.)

cam.jpg

Quick thread jack ... how does the Gamel taste compared to the real cigarette version? Friend of mine smokes full flavor camel menthol and is mildly interested in PVs. I'm sure initially I'll need to find him a good enough tasting clone initially.

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
Hmm, I'd say it's definitely worth a try. There's a couple of things about Gamel that are holding it back from becoming a go-to flavor for me, a former Camel lights smoker. Here are my thoughts on it:

1. I found that the throat hit was kinda so-so. Much less intense than Boba's Bounty (also from Alien Visions.) Weird, because several of the reviews on their site mention good throat hit for Gamel. Could just be my batch was weak? Mine is 12 mg, so you could def. up the nicotine for more TH, but my Boba's and Gorilla Juice are also 12 mg and they pack more of a punch.

2. The taste is nice--but its really subtle. There's not a taste so much as a Camel-y essence. That's why I like it. So far this is the closest I've found to a real cigarette for taste. Not sweet, not cloying. But I want it to be more intense.

3. Your friend smokes camel menthols, but Gamel is not a menthol flavor. You may want to look and see if there are any menthol + tobacco review threads and see what people are saying. Getting the right menthol feel may be a whole new challenge... But I would definitly keep Gamel on your list if you're planning to order some samples for your friend to try. Couldn't hurt. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I just ran into this tonite. Just got my riva or ego or whatever it is. Started filling some cartos, and thought, how am I going to be able to tell which is which. Tried writing on them with a silver sharpie, that got smudgy, which is good cuz it'll come off later. I had some Avery address label stickers and wrote on them the name of the juice, and where I got it. They didn't want to stick, but a bit of packing tape around fixed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread