Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
hi everyone im a new on vape
i start yesterday after i buy
Smok Alien 220W

and i want some help to how i can change another flavor without change the coil
because i used some e-juice and i didn't like it and i want to change to another e-juice?
Hello and welcome to ecf. There are ways to wash out a coil, but barring that you may be stuck with the flavor. Try to put in another flavor you like and hope it works the bad one out. Old flavor could be covered up with the new once it works its way into the wicking. A tank or two of different e-liquid will work out many old flavors. Some people are meticulous about changing flavors. I personally just put one flavor in after another, try to make one compliment the last a little so it's not a strange mix of flavors. I use some flavors as a bridge.
Over the last 24 hours I went from coconut lychee flavor to pineapple cream to sugar cookie to coffee milk.

Adebx

Aug 16, 2018
Hello and welcome to ecf. There are ways to wash out a coil, but barring that you may be stuck with the flavor. Try to put in another flavor you like and hope it works the bad one out. Old flavor could be covered up with the new once it works its way into the wicking. A tank or two of different e-liquid will work out many old flavors. Some people are meticulous about changing flavors. I personally just put one flavor in after another, try to make one compliment the last a little so it's not a strange mix of flavors. I use some flavors as a bridge.
Over the last 24 hours I went from coconut lychee flavor to pineapple cream to sugar cookie to coffee milk.
thank u for your information

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Since you are just starting out and not familiar yet with what you like or juice brands...I would suggest you take the coil out and rinse it under warm tap water, then dip in alcohol and let dry. While it drys you can install the other coil that came with the tank to try another juice. You will need to prime the coil and the resistance will be different so your watts won't be the same. Just start low and work your way up until you find the sweet spot. IMO finding juices you like is the most challenging thing when taking up vaping.

Welcome to ECF.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can do any of the above and some folks who really want to try brand new juices with a brand new coil may often take the coil out and put it in a little zip lock baggy and attach it to the bottle of juice they were vaping with. That can kind of work out provided you don't have say, 30 juices to hand that you want to try.

I personally find just vaping through and/or a quick soak in vodka to remove flavor residue works perfectly well. I do try to keep my flavor profiles similar, I mean I'm not going to try to go from a chocolate sort of juice to a lemon one, that would be a half a tank of horror that I might personally want to avoid. But, they're all reasonable strategies and etc.

Anna

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
i start yesterday after i buy
Smok Alien 220W

and i want some help to how i can change another flavor without change the coil
because i used some e-juice and i didn't like it and i want to change to another e-juice?
If you really did not like the flavor a lot (versus just a little) and it is a strong flavor you may have to change the coil or try to rinse it with water and let it dry out for a day or two.

The flavors I vape are usually complimentary so I either just dump it in or wait till it gets low - not dry - and wipe out the excess with a very slightly dampened paper towel.

One time I tried a disgusting cereal flavor and the smell really lingered even after rinsing my tank. I needed up taking it apart washing every piece I could get to and let it dry. It took a few days before the smell was gone because it was very aromatic.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
To say the above another way:
If you do not like the flavor in the tan, just pour it out the old e liquid and follow the suggestions regarding cleaning the tank. Suggest you not try to cleaning the coil, being a new vaper, just add new e liquid and vape until old flavor fades away.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread