Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebx

Aug 16, 2018
Hi everyone
I want some help
I buy smok Alien 220W before month ago
Everything was good but Suddenly I felt a burning taste and a sting
I thought the reason was the coil but the coil is almost new and I did not use it for only two weeks, so I changed it with the new that is inside the box ...but the bad and burning taste still there
I noticed after dismantling the tank that the O-Rings not exist on the part of tank so is this the reason ? Or something else?
I will upload a pic
Thank u

Attachments

• IMG_9674.JPG
    IMG_9674.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Llamasquito

Aug 31, 2018
Did you remember to prime the coil?
And start lower wattage and slowly increase it?

What is the vg/pg ratio of your juice?

Edit: Also forgot to mention that the new one could also be a dud coil.
And burned coil flavor can sometimes stick to the tank, so remember to clean it :)

You stated you used the first coil for two weeks, pretty standard depending on how much you vape, for example my coils last only for a week mostly due to heavily vaping.

Last edited:
  • Useful

Adebx

Aug 16, 2018
Did you remember to prime the coil?
And start lower wattage and slowly increase it?

What is the vg/pg ratio of your juice?

Edit: Also forgot to mention that the new one could also be a dud coil.
And burned coil flavor can sometimes stick to the tank, so remember to clean it :)

You stated you used the first coil for two weeks, pretty standard depending on how much you vape, for example my coils last only for a week mostly due to heavily vaping.
Yes i start lower wattage slowly
And my juice is Bazooka Watermelon
I already cleaned the tanks more than once and its still not good even with the new coil

Llamasquito

Aug 31, 2018
Yes i start lower wattage slowly
And my juice is Bazooka Watermelon
I already cleaned the tanks more than once and its still not good even with the new coil

And you primed it?
If so, its probably a dud coil.

Edit: Meaning you dropped a bit juice directly on coil, fill the tank, let it sit 10+ minutes and take a few pulls without firing.

• Useful

Adebx

Aug 16, 2018
It means the faulty coil.
This is a main reason that I really don't like pre-made coil. The quality is not stable.
Did you notice the resistance of your coil? Is it stable or jump around?
Is the resistance of the new coil equal to your old one?
I dont know the 2 coils original by Smok
everything was good since the O-Rings lost

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm a bit confused you said there's a missing o ring somewhere and the problem started then? Unless it was ON the coil (in which case, replace the coil) you should have some spare O-rings in your tank box (hopefully, I've never vaped a smok tank, so I am not 100% CERTAIN they have replacement O-rings but they should so replace the O-ring. If you are unlucky enough to have no spares, measure the diameter of where the O-ring goes and buy replacement somewhere like online or if you can't wait I think you can probably find them in some hardware stores etc. You should also (if you have another tank) take look at the O rings in it, and well, if one is close enough in size, use it.

Best of luck and welcome.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread