Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond833

Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm Edmond.
At first sorry for my english.
I'm vaping a couple of years unfortunetly analog cig as well but more less and less.
I'm into MTL l have a kayfun 3 mini which I loved a lot but unfortunately once I dropped and It's broken now.
So I bought a kayfun Prime which I love too but I'm facing some problem with it.
I tell it but first I have to say that I have read every related post try the things ( wicking , o ring change , coil setup etc. ) see a lot of YouTube video but I didn't find the solution.
So the problem is that after refill the tank the bottom get flooded but after I blown resolve the problem so I can live with that.
The bigger problem is that after a couple of suction I get burn taste and I have to loose a little bit the top cap to see the bubbles and get the juce to the wick than tighten it back.
And the juice control is open 2 and a half round.
So any advice I appreciate.
And last I'm happy that I find this forum and good to see that there's a lot of helping people so,
Have a nice day !

Reactions: Mordacai

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)
Hmm... I haven’t used a kayfun 3 in a lot of years and never the prime. What I remember about the kayfun 3 is mostly that it needed some seriously short wicks to work right and there wasn’t a lot of wiggle room. Too long and it wouldn’t wick the juice because the holes at the bottom of the juice wells got plugged, too little and it would leak all over the place. The difference was like an eighth of an inch. Also the coil diameter was tricky. You needed enough diameter so you could fit enough cotton in it to fill the juice well, but not enough to plug it. Also it made some serious vacuum pressure to suck up enough juice through those tiny bottom juice well holes which kept the whole thing working. Release the vacuum pressure and everything got messy fast.

It sounds to me like proper wicking and use of the juice control is key. The best advice I see here is from @Mordacai

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hi everyone, I'm Edmond.
I'm vaping a couple of years unfortunetly analog cig as well but more less and less.
I'm into MTL l have a kayfun 3 mini which I loved a lot but unfortunately once I dropped and It's broken now.
So I bought a kayfun Prime which I love too but I'm facing some problem with it.
I tell it but first I have to say that I have read every related post try the things ( wicking , o ring change , coil setup etc. ) see a lot of YouTube video but I didn't find the solution.
So the problem is that after refill the tank the bottom get flooded but after I blown resolve the problem so I can live with that.
The bigger problem is that after a couple of suction I get burn taste and I have to loose a little bit the top cap to see the bubbles and get the juce to the wick than tighten it back.
And last I'm happy that I find this forum and good to see that there's a lot of helping people so,
Have a nice day !
Welcome to the forum.
I loved the KM3, but the Prime- not so much. If you can afford around $10 USD, I'd highly recommend the SXK Doggystyle, from FastTech. I found the doggies far superior to the Kayfuns - all of them. And if you can afford around $20 USD, I'd recommend the EHPro True MTL, which finally has replaced my doggies.

These two not only deliver a far superior vape imo, but are simpler to use and much more forgiving in building and wicking. As I said, I loved Kayfuns, but I think there are now options that not only deliver a better vape, but are easier to use. Neither of the tanks I recommended even have a juice flow control. They work extremely well without having to deal with that.

But if you want advice on getting the Prime to work right, here's the link for you- post your question there: Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime. They'll be able to help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

Edmond833

Feb 3, 2019
Hello Edmond833, sounds like you have an issue with your wicking (maybe a little too much).

And to try and stop the leaking after filling, turn upside down and open juice control.
Thank you very much, this resolved the leaking problem
I have borrowed a kayfun mini 3 and make the same coil same wicking and it has no problem with the burn taste but the prime still has and I have to loose the top cap after a few suctoin to get more liquid on wick and the juce control is open as much is possible . Next I try to make a more thin wicking

Edmond833

Feb 3, 2019
Welcome to the forum.
I loved the KM3, but the Prime- not so much. If you can afford around $10 USD, I'd highly recommend the SXK Doggystyle, from FastTech. I found the doggies far superior to the Kayfuns - all of them. And if you can afford around $20 USD, I'd recommend the EHPro True MTL, which finally has replaced my doggies.

These two not only deliver a far superior vape imo, but are simpler to use and much more forgiving in building and wicking. As I said, I loved Kayfuns, but I think there are now options that not only deliver a better vape, but are easier to use. Neither of the tanks I recommended even have a juice flow control. They work extremely well without having to deal with that.

But if you want advice on getting the Prime to work right, here's the link for you- post your question there: Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime. They'll be able to help you.
Thank you very much for the advice.
Now I'm gone see some videos about the Ehpro, and I like the design too

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
One more question what do you think which is better the Ehpro or the innokin area?
I didn't like the Ares at all. Mine didn't leak like so many others, but it just didn't deliver a good, solid flavorful vape for me. Almost identical to the Prime - I just couldn't get decent TH out of either. I preferred the KM3, and then Doggies even more. Now the True blows them all away.

Reactions: greek mule

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hi everyone, I'm Edmond.
Have a nice day !
After you wick the prime, do you trim any off the tails? What size coil ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Edmond833

Feb 3, 2019
15493956264481762122749.jpg
15493956264481762122749.jpg
15493957620691341975729.jpg

Edmond833

Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone,
I post some pictures about my recent setup.
Thank you all for your support, now all my issues has gone.
So here's how I did it :
The after fill leaking was resolved as Mordecai said. After refill I have turned upside down and only in this position I have open the juice flow control.
The burn taste problem was resolved by playing with the wicking.
So I made a very thin wicking I used a very little cotton and that's . I believed that if I use so thin cotton it will be swamp everything , but it's just perfect.
Now I'm using 2,5 diameter 28ga Khantal 6-7 wrap that provide 1.01 ohm and vaping at 22 watt
So thank you all guys again, I hope this would help for other people too.
Hope the pictures are visible

Reactions: Mordacai

Vilads

Moved On
Feb 7, 2019
  • Deleted by Misty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread