Hi from Indonesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Let me introduce myself. I'm Bayu from Indonesia. So sorry if my English is not good enough.

I'm an ex-smoker. After smoking for almost 28 years, 20-30 cigs per day, one of my friend successfully persuade me to try vaping 2 months ago. Don't know how it happened, but I quit smoking since then.

I tried vaping with a Suorin for only a week, before bought an unregulated mod.... a legendary Noisy Cricket II. A week later, I bought a Smoant Battlestar 200w, before I decided to bought a Tesla WYE200 (Tesla Terminator 2 is its name in Indonesia).

I learn about vaping, ohm law, atty, coiling, wicking, etc..... in 2 months since I started vaping.

Right now, I vape with this setup :
Mod = Tesla WYE200
Atty = Azeroth RTA or Goon 1.5 RDA
Coil = SS316L 26 awg, 0,17-0,22 ohm
TC Mode, harde taste mode, 50-65 watt in 500°F.

Looking forward to learn a lot of things here in ECF.

Welcome to ECF and thanks for introducing yourself, I think your English is fantastic! Congrats on switching to vaping, and it sounds like you'll find a lot of interest at ECF! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Anna
Thanks. And you bet I'll find a lot of things here in ECF. ;)

Hello Bayu and welcome to the forum! Your English is very good so please do not be concerned. Congratulations on switching from cigarettes to vaping!
Catherine
hello and welcome! :) congratulations on beeing smoke free. :) hope you'll like it here and hey...don't be worry about your english, we don't bite ;)

Thanks a lot. Vape on

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Hi Bayu,

Welcome to the forum and the world of vaping.

It's great to give up the cigarettes.

I've got a question for you if you don't mind. I go to Jakarta on business a couple of times a year, and used to vape openly, but recently it seems that people look at you strangely if you vape - is it now legal to vape in Indonesia. I believe it was banned but general accepted, but that seems to have changed?

Hi Bayu,

Welcome to the forum and the world of vaping.

It's great to give up the cigarettes.

I've got a question for you if you don't mind. I go to Jakarta on business a couple of times a year, and used to vape openly, but recently it seems that people look at you strangely if you vape - is it now legal to vape in Indonesia. I believe it was banned but general accepted, but that seems to have changed?

Actually there isn't such rule or any kind that against vaping in Indonesia. So, it's legal, BUT some people will still look at vapers strangely, and some others think vaping is cool. Sadly, they who think vaping ia cool are minors, usually 10-14 years old kids. When I was at those age, I thought smoking is cool. So I started to smoke at 12 yrs old. IT'S WRONG.

After years of vaping in Indonesia, couples day a go finally our government issue a new regulation for vaping industry. Starting July 2018, all vaping products will be 57% taxed, and all of e-juices have to obtain a letter of approval from our National Agency of Drug and Food Control.

There are a lot of discussions going on these days between vaping communities, NGOs, and our government. For the record, there are a lot of cigarettes giant companies in Indonesia. So, vapers' fight for official rule from our government will be "challenging".

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,
Let me introduce myself. I'm Bayu from Indonesia. So sorry if my English is not good enough.
I'm an ex-smoker. After smoking for almost 28 years, 20-30 cigs per day, one of my friend successfully persuade me to try vaping 2 months ago. Don't know how it happened, but I quit smoking since then.
I tried vaping with a Suorin for only a week, before bought an unregulated mod.... a legendary Noisy Cricket II. A week later, I bought a Smoant Battlestar 200w, before I decided to bought a Tesla WYE200 (Tesla Terminator 2 is its name in Indonesia).
I learn about vaping, ohm law, atty, coiling, wicking, etc..... in 2 months since I started vaping.
Right now, I vape with this setup :
Mod = Tesla WYE200
Atty = Azeroth RTA or Goon 1.5 RDA
Coil = SS316L 26 awg, 0,17-0,22 ohm
TC Mode, harde taste mode, 50-65 watt in 500°F.
Looking forward to learn a lot of things here in ECF.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Be very careful. You have very advanced equipment, so, we want to keep all the vapers in this world harm free and vaping.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
Welcome aboard Bayu. I was going to say you speak English better than I speak.... Then I realized I don't know what language you speak in Indonesia, so I had to look it up. Apparently Bahasa Indonesian is the official language of Indonesia. I now know at least one word of your language so thanks for helping me improve my education. You never know what you will learn on this forum. :thumb:

Welcome Bayu. Might be time to start making your own juice, diy.

I want to. Doing some reading about it too.

Welcome aboard Bayu. I was going to say you speak English better than I speak.... Then I realized I don't know what language you speak in Indonesia, so I had to look it up. Apparently Bahasa Indonesian is the official language of Indonesia. I now know at least one word of your language so thanks for helping me improve my education. You never know what you will learn on this forum. :thumb:

Yup, Bahasa Indonesia is our national language. I do speak Sundanese and a little bit Javanese too, as my two ethnic language. Bahasa Indonesia is the easiest language om earth, at least that's what my foreign friends told me . ;) Try to live couple months in Indonesia, and before you know it, you speak Bahasa Indonesia fluently. :thumbs:

By the way, forgot to ask, where do you from?

Ary Yudha

Nov 13, 2017
Indonesia
Actually there isn't such rule or any kind that against vaping in Indonesia. So, it's legal, BUT some people will still look at vapers strangely, and some others think vaping is cool. Sadly, they who think vaping ia cool are minors, usually 10-14 years old kids. When I was at those age, I thought smoking is cool. So I started to smoke at 12 yrs old. IT'S WRONG.

After years of vaping in Indonesia, couples day a go finally our government issue a new regulation for vaping industry. Starting July 2018, all vaping products will be 57% taxed, and all of e-juices have to obtain a letter of approval from our National Agency of Drug and Food Control.

There are a lot of discussions going on these days between vaping communities, NGOs, and our government. For the record, there are a lot of cigarettes giant companies in Indonesia. So, vapers' fight for official rule from our government will be "challenging".

Just found out this information..

I agree, since Indonesia is a gaint tobacco industry empire..i think there will be loads of controversy on vaping..

Btw, i just quit smoking cigarettes after 16 years..started vaping 2 weeks ago tho..
Keep vaping..

Sebelum dilarang :banana:

• Winner
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread