Hi, Im new here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotashell1980

Jun 28, 2021
Im Jeremiah im in california, been vaping on and off a few years trying to get ahead of the learning curve on vaping, finally got to a point where im 3 weeks cigarette free, using a new Drag 3 mod with TPP tank, and just recently figured out what tricks and juices I can use that will keep my coils alive for more than 3 days, I have alot of questions about Temperature Control, I just ordered a Freemax Mesh Pro tank with SS316l coils and would love to get TC going when it arrives, any help with mod settings will be appreciated as well as any tips to temp control that I dont know enough to ask, thanks in advance, nice to know this forum exists.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
giphy.gif

Hotashell1980

Jun 28, 2021
I got the SS316l coils, was able to get it to work, its seemed to work but didnt blow my mind the way I thought it would, rhough the coil did last longer then thwy normally do, it didnt have the amazing taste that variable wattage does, but I suppose thats the either the trade off, or I need to keep trying and calibrating, I did however try a triple mesh coil that tastes and feels amazing.

More imprtantly, went to a bbq for 4th of july, made a bunch of homemade watermelon/jalepeno margaritas, had some drinks with a bunch of people, did not even crave a cigarette while drinking with abuch of people that were snoking cigarettes.It keeps gwtting easier.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I got the SS316l coils, was able to get it to work, its seemed to work but didnt blow my mind the way I thought it would, rhough the coil did last longer then thwy normally do, it didnt have the amazing taste that variable wattage does, but I suppose thats the either the trade off, or I need to keep trying and calibrating, I did however try a triple mesh coil that tastes and feels amazing.

More imprtantly, went to a bbq for 4th of july, made a bunch of homemade watermelon/jalepeno margaritas, had some drinks with a bunch of people, did not even crave a cigarette while drinking with abuch of people that were snoking cigarettes.It keeps gwtting easier.
    It's unfortunate that you fired the trigger on the Freemax Mesh Pro so quickly, as I've seen prices for the Fireluke 3/Maxus and even Mesh Pro 2 for under $20 a lot recently. Well worth that price. I bought the original Mesh Pro 4 or 5 years ago and while it's good, it doesn't hold a candle to either of these new ones. The slide top on the original Mesh Pro is rather loose, so do not put in your pocket while you're moving around or while you're driving, or you'll find yourself with a nice oily spot to the left or right of your groin after not very long. Also, with the Drag 3, it has a very plateau'd firing curve. Extremely quick 0-100, and then will maintain 100 until you release. This is effectively what TC mode was meant to do, but VW mode is just an easier way to achieve that with the Drag 3. Also, TC mode is mostly recommended for RBA atomizers. While I see no harm in what you're doing, I believe you're over complicating the optimal performance of the Mesh Pro tank.

If you have purchased additional coils for the Mesh Pro, I'd suggest looking into the Mesh Pro 2. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the difference.

Happy belated 4th!

Reactions: Hotashell1980

Hotashell1980

Jun 28, 2021
    It's unfortunate that you fired the trigger on the Freemax Mesh Pro so quickly, as I've seen prices for the Fireluke 3/Maxus and even Mesh Pro 2 for under $20 a lot recently. Well worth that price. I bought the original Mesh Pro 4 or 5 years ago and while it's good, it doesn't hold a candle to either of these new ones. The slide top on the original Mesh Pro is rather loose, so do not put in your pocket while you're moving around or while you're driving, or you'll find yourself with a nice oily spot to the left or right of your groin after not very long. Also, with the Drag 3, it has a very plateau'd firing curve. Extremely quick 0-100, and then will maintain 100 until you release. This is effectively what TC mode was meant to do, but VW mode is just an easier way to achieve that with the Drag 3. Also, TC mode is mostly recommended for RBA atomizers. While I see no harm in what you're doing, I believe you're over complicating the optimal performance of the Mesh Pro tank.

If you have purchased additional coils for the Mesh Pro, I'd suggest looking into the Mesh Pro 2. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the difference.

Happy belated 4th!

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I dont feel like I wasted any money so far, everything is working good, I may pick up a pro2 since the coils are interchangable, I like being able to have 2 flavors I can switch off on, so basically Temp Control is for building your own coils? Is that as quick and easy as buying coils? What Mods do you recommend?
    TC was adopted originally for rebuildable decks and specific types of wire. With a little practice, you can change things out pretty quickly. It's definitely not as quick as a drop in coil, but there's a trade off. The real benefit of RBAs is the cheap cost and longevity it provides. I have several spools of various wire and cotton that I can coil myself instead of worrying about a certain coil still being available in stock, or if/when it'll become obsolete. Luckily, Freemax is one of those brands that has multiple uses for the same coils, much like Innokin - and they're reliable. However, you can't bank on them being around forever. Coil and cotton, you can. Your mod choice is pretty good. VooPoo makes a pretty quality mod. Fast firing and consistent. GeekVape, also having the IPX (dust/water/drop resistent) is also a great choice. These are fairly middle of the ground mods in terms of cost, and they're quality. Lost Vape, Vaporesso, and Vandy Vape (I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of atm) also make a pretty decent mod. If TC is something you really want to dabble with, you're going to want YiHi, DNA, and Dicodes chipped mods. Supposedly they are the best at performing TC functions, but I'm not fully knowledgeable about that realm, so you'd be better to ask others. Be aware of the batteries your mod uses if you choose one with external batteries. Battery size compatibility and the upper limits of your wattage are important when you choose which batteries you're going to put in it and what you're going to vape at. That's a whole different world of information that you should catch up on if you haven't already. Ohm's law and all.

Reactions: Hotashell1980

Hotashell1980

Jun 28, 2021
    TC was adopted originally for rebuildable decks and specific types of wire. With a little practice, you can change things out pretty quickly. It's definitely not as quick as a drop in coil, but there's a trade off. The real benefit of RBAs is the cheap cost and longevity it provides. I have several spools of various wire and cotton that I can coil myself instead of worrying about a certain coil still being available in stock, or if/when it'll become obsolete. Luckily, Freemax is one of those brands that has multiple uses for the same coils, much like Innokin - and they're reliable. However, you can't bank on them being around forever. Coil and cotton, you can. Your mod choice is pretty good. VooPoo makes a pretty quality mod. Fast firing and consistent. GeekVape, also having the IPX (dust/water/drop resistent) is also a great choice. These are fairly middle of the ground mods in terms of cost, and they're quality. Lost Vape, Vaporesso, and Vandy Vape (I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of atm) also make a pretty decent mod. If TC is something you really want to dabble with, you're going to want YiHi, DNA, and Dicodes chipped mods. Supposedly they are the best at performing TC functions, but I'm not fully knowledgeable about that realm, so you'd be better to ask others. Be aware of the batteries your mod uses if you choose one with external batteries. Battery size compatibility and the upper limits of your wattage are important when you choose which batteries you're going to put in it and what you're going to vape at. That's a whole different world of information that you should catch up on if you haven't already. Ohm's law and all.

Hotashell1980

Jun 28, 2021

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread