Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You might be trying to vape like you smoked. o_O

Not sure how you puffed your cigs, but a vaporizer requires a certain type of draw technique. :vapor:

Remember, you're no longer smoking, but vaping. They're different. Imagine yourself sucking on a straw in a milkshake. Slow, steady, gentler draw 3 - 5 seconds long. We call this a "mouth to lung" type draw. Drawing too hard or strong (a direct lung hit) pulls too much eliquid into the clearomizer's coil chamber and floods it before it has time to vaporize all of the eliquid ---> gurgling and juice in the mouth.

Make sure that the coil head inside the tank is "snug"; not too tight or too loose.

Now having said that, an Evod is a starter level clearomizer. You may find you get better satisfaction with a more advanced clearotank like an Aspire Nautilus Mini. This has air control to better adjust your vape to your personal tastes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don Huk

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I'm using 1300 mah vv goes from 3.3v to 4.8v with evod clearomizer 2.4 ohm coil. I've been having issues with the tanks leaking n gurgling which I can fix but only temporarily n it's becoming more trouble then it's worth. Any advice on a good tank upgrade that will work? Or I could upgrade my whole system.
Let me start out by saying that I am relatively new to vaping - only started the first of February this year, so more experienced vapers probably have better suggestions. I am also limited in the number of tanks that I've used.
Are you a mouth to lung (pull the vapor into your mouth and then into your lungs) or a lung inhaler? What I've experienced is that the type of vaping can determine the type of tank you should use. A tank with good airflow can work with both types of vaping, whereas a tank with more restricted airflow works best for mouth to lung vaping.
I've had good luck with the Kangertech Subtank series. The option to use a 1.2 ohm coil or sub ohm with the 0.5 ohm coils is a plus - if your device supports it. Plus, at least with the Subtank and the Subtank Mini, you have the option of using the rebuildable (RBA) deck.
My wife likes the Kangertech Aerotank series - for some reason, she has problems with the Subtank gurgling and getting e-juice in her mouth. But I can use the same tank and don't have any issues. She hasn't had any issues with gurgling or leaking - unless she overfills the tank.
The Aspire Nautilus tanks also work great for mouth to lung vaping - but, IMO, the airflow is too restrictive for lung vaping.
I've sometimes experienced this issue of learking and gurgling when the clearomizer is on its last legs - replacing the clearomizer/coil generally fixes the issue. Just be aware that sometimes you get a bad batch of clearomizers and they may last for a few days or even only a few hours, but when you get a good one, it can last for a week or three.
If you are interested in different tanks and you have heard/read/seen a tank that has you interested, you should research it on the web using your favorite search engine. You can generally find reviews for the tanks, which will give you an idea of any issues experienced. This also works for mods.

Best of luck in finding a tank that meets your needs - F2V

Reactions: Baditude

liane18s

Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Thanks all for the help. I'm thinking I got a bad batch of replacement coils cuz it seems to just be the tanks with my 2 favorite flavors which r the only tanks I've used the new coils on.

I still wanna upgrade my tanks n I've been looking at Aspire Nautilus mini. Anyone have pros n cons or other suggestions?

I'm a mouth to lung inhaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread