The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi I'm new !

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Mrtwistedscience, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mrtwistedscience

Mrtwistedscience Full Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Hi there, I've been a long time lurker of these forums and have found a lot of helpful information. So I decided to finally join. :)
    I have a fairly simple question for you guys and girls.
    I have a mini protank 3 that I am using on an 1100mah vv evod battery, and no matter what I do it keeps gurgling or leaking, I switched the coil to a evod bcc coil and it works fine, but I'd really like to use these new enclosed coils. Any information/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. Susan~S

Susan~S ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    Hello and welcome to the forum @Mrtwistedscience. Glad to have you here!:)

First, to fix a flooded atomizer take your tank off the battery and blow through the mouthpiece (with a paper towel under it or cover the airflow hole). This will drain the extra eliquid.

When you inhale, take a long smooth draw vs a short sharp draw. This will prevent extra eliquid from being pulled into your coils and flooding it. Inhalation technique with an e-cigarette

Whenever you first sense that your atomizer is beginning to flood try this:
    1. Open up the airflow so when you take a hit you are not pulling in as much juice into your coils (if your tank has airflow control) .
    2. Raise your voltage or wattage if your battery allows you to do this. This will vaporize more eliquid.
    3. Tip your battery up (and take a few hits). By tipping it up you will prevent more eliquid from being fed into the coils.

Give one or all of these a try.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome. @Susan~S is right. Clear the atty by blowing in it, and then try not to hit it too hard.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mrtwistedscience

Jul 19, 2015
    I just tried the blowing out with a towel underneath and it shot the whole tank of liquid out I tightened everything and refilled and it did the same

5. NoFumus

NoFumus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Welcome to ECFm Mrtwisted. I'm glad you decided to join. The only Kanger tanks I have are Aerotanks, which I THINK can use the same dual coil as the PT3, but I don't know anything about the PT3.

I'm sure someone knowledgeable will come along soon -- they always do. Good luck figuring out your issue.

6. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

some of those coil *look* the same but on closer inspection, some are shorter than others, and when you put them in, they don't seal properly to the centertube air chimney.
    adding a second silicone cap from another coil head can seal the space.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mrtwistedscience

Jul 19, 2015
    I just took one from an old bcc coil I had on hand and it sealed uo the leakage fairly well !! Thank you so much, I was afraid I was going to have to throw away this little guy

• Like Like x 2
  8. daleron

daleron ECF Guru - TWR Co-Mod Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Welcome to ECF Mrt , make yourself right at home :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.