Hi, new member here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Yes, by mixing your own and realizing what the ingredients actually cost, you'll find it difficult to justify the high price of premium e.liquid. It couldn't be easier: there are only 3 ingredients, plus flavor. You may also find that premium e.juice is excessively strongly flavored and come to appreciate a more subtle approach.

My recipe for a 200mL batch of 4mg 70/30 subohm e.liquid is: 8mL nic + 52mL PG + 140mL VG + 7.5mL flavor

Example from where I live (Canada):
250mL 100mg nic = $50 (20¢/mL) 31 batches
1L PG = $15 (1.5¢/mL) 19 batches
4L VG = $33 (0.83¢/mL) 28 batches
This is a year's supply of base ingredients for $98.
And then we have flavors which are the most expensive ingredient, costing $5 for each 15mL bottle (33¢/mL).

That means a 30mL bottle of homemade juice contains 24¢ nic, 12¢ PG, 17¢ VG, and 37¢ flavor; a total of 90¢.

So I can make my own for 10-20 times less than the cost of premium e.liquid and I'll never go back*.

Pro tip: you can buy USP-grade vegetable glycerine by the gallon from a local soap making supply shop where it is sold as an emollient.

*Except on my juice-sipping Vladdin pod system. A bottle will last for a month easily.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi all, my name is Mike and I've been vaping on a variety of devices for over a year. I joined to get more info on making my own e-juice to try to save a few bucks and get the flavors I want, not just the ones companies think I want.
Welcome and glad you joined.
You should do fine, might want to concentrate on mixes you would like to make rather than which flavor you might think you would like to buy. Very few single flavors are vapable as standalones/singles.
One shot flavors are for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. One shot flavors (OS/Flavor Blends) are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (at least one/two/all of the three). One shot mixing is supposed to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes may allow some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of the mix. OS Mixing can be a good introductory to DIY. One shots and flavor blends are simply added per directions to the mixer's desired mixing base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep as directed.
Might like to visit:
DIYorDIE Concentrates
one shot
One Shot Concentrates
Flavors - Gremlin - Gremlin DIY --- Known as "Gremlin DIY" = one shot?
Flavor Shots Vape Juice | Mt Baker Vapor
One Shot Flavor Concentrates
Make Your Own DIY Eliquid/Juice and Candy
E-Liquid Mixing Kits | DIY Vape Juice
Juice Factory - Products Tagged with '. One Shot Concentrates'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread