Hi, nice to meet the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVapeKing

May 15, 2020
Uranus
Welcome, Sam. And actually, you'll find it does get easy, after a few weeks or a month. And good on you quitting smokes young. Quitting never gets easier as time goes on. vaping makes it so easy, you'll meet plenty of people here who smoked 30, 40, 50 years, tried everything, and couldn't quit until they vaped.

Hey man, nice to meet you!

I started to slowly feel that way too. Today i feel fonder of vaping sometimes, than with smoking.

Thanks for the support. Hope to learn quite a bit around here.

Cheers!

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
That can actually be very important... finding a juice (flavor) that you like. You might find that vaping is much more enjoyable (maybe even realize it tastes so good you wonder why you even con
I started to slowly feel that way too. Today i feel fonder of vaping sometimes, than with smoking.
That's the ticket... when you realize (even if you "slip" and smoke) that you really enjoy vaping much more) It's not easy to quit (smoking) but then you love vaping so much more, you find that it's so much more enjoyable to to vape (and it helps if you find good flavors that you like)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hey man, nice to meet you!

Thanks for the support. Hope to learn quite a bit around here.

Cheers!
Everybody's different, but for me- first week or two was tough. After that, it got progressively easier. Tried a smoke at a month, just to see, and it wasn't great. Only smoked about half of it, and it gave me a little headache, and the nasty smokiness hung in my mouth and throat for a while. It was kind of like really feeling the poison in them for the first time. Tried again a 3 months, and only got one drag. I'm not sure at what point, but probably after a couple of months, there was no craving for cigarettes- only vapes.

I'd smoked about 45 years, quit multiple times, and always went back, sometimes after months. I loved smoking, but hated being a smoker. But with vaping, I've always felt after the first few weeks, it was so easy it was like cheating. You get all the good parts, without the bad parts.

So just hang in there- vape as much as you want, and don't fear the nic. Use as high a nic level as you need to get through it. Most people reduce after getting over the hump. I haven't reduced that much, but I'm not worried about it. Nic is not the monster it's made out to be, and actually has health benefits. I've only reduced from an initial 18 (that I'd spike up to 24 when having a few beers), down to a consistent 14mg now.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

SamVapeKing

May 15, 2020
Uranus
That can actually be very important... finding a juice (flavor) that you like. You might find that vaping is much more enjoyable (maybe even realize it tastes so good you wonder why you even con

That's the ticket... when you realize (even if you "slip" and smoke) that you really enjoy vaping much more) It's not easy to quit (smoking) but then you love vaping so much more, you find that it's so much more enjoyable to to vape (and it helps if you find good flavors that you like)

Indeed man, and seems i got the "key to the highway" in this sense.

The juices really helped, specially the caramel flavor. Besides, vaping itself becomes an habit, so i can say as the days goes by, im slowly giving up cigarettes. (Can't lie, tho, as i still being dual).

Again, thanks for the support!

SamVapeKing

May 15, 2020
Uranus
Everybody's different, but for me- first week or two was tough. After that, it got progressively easier. Tried a smoke at a month, just to see, and it wasn't great. Only smoked about half of it, and it gave me a little headache, and the nasty smokiness hung in my mouth and throat for a while. It was kind of like really feeling the poison in them for the first time. Tried again a 3 months, and only got one drag. I'm not sure at what point, but probably after a couple of months, there was no craving for cigarettes- only vapes.

I'd smoked about 45 years, quit multiple times, and always went back, sometimes after months. I loved smoking, but hated being a smoker. But with vaping, I've always felt after the first few weeks, it was so easy it was like cheating. You get all the good parts, without the bad parts.

So just hang in there- vape as much as you want, and don't fear the nic. Use as high a nic level as you need to get through it. Most people reduce after getting over the hump. I haven't reduced that much, but I'm not worried about it. Nic is not the monster it's made out to be, and actually has health benefits. I've only reduced from an initial 18 (that I'd spike up to 24 when having a few beers), down to a consistent 14mg now.

Hey friend, really great testimony. Thanks for sharing!

45 years aren't anything like 45 days, so you definitely have my full respect.

About keeping the nic, thanks for the advice. I went used to go up to 40mg of nic, floating between 20-40mg. Today i feel good with 20mg, and i plan to decrease this level soon.

Again, thanks for your support and nice advices. God bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Brewdawg1181
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread