Hi there:) 7 year vapor, need recomendations for tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anioda

Apr 5, 2021
Hi there:)
I need recommendations for a tank & this seems like a really good forum for that.

I live in Denmark & think pretty much every tank is available to me. Prices aren't that high, so it fitting my needs closest is more important.

What I need;

• Top fill, minimum of 60 Watt, between 0.1-0.5 ohm.
    100% leak proof, also for laying horizontally.
    I can't handle a metal drip tip. If it is metal, need there to be a replacement drip tip available for purchase that fits.

• Bottom must be screwed on - I almost bought the Aspire Cleito but turns out the bottom is just sliding down a piece of rubber.
    It will come off rather sooner than later, I'll pull it up from my pocket mainly by the tank.
I had the Aspire Nautilus. What was so awesome about it, the top was a screw on slide fill! It's just not powerful enough.

I really need some help, thank you:)

Reactions: BrotherBob

Anioda

Apr 5, 2021
I like the Freemax tanks and coils, of course it's all a matter of preference.
I can only find US sites for this tank. There are actually a Danish site that sells it but since it's not approved in for sale in here, they can't ship it to me.
I don't care what language is on the site, as long as it's in EU, it's fine:p

0.5 & 60W is fine if that's what I can get, what I really need is for it to be leak proof.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Bottom must be screwed on - I almost bought the Aspire Cleito but turns out the bottom is just sliding down a piece of rubber.
    It will come off rather sooner than later, I'll pull it up from my pocket mainly by the tank.

The Cleito isn't a press fit tank, few are, very few. Tanks that don't have threads at the bottom of the tank section to secure the tank together are secured by threads on the coil head instead, like the Nautilus, Atlantis, Cleito tanks and many other tanks, like some Eleaf Melo tanks.

Cleito coil

6Gflwg5.png

Nautilus coil

ubkKxEk.png

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: Anioda

Anioda

Apr 5, 2021
    The Cleito isn't a press fit tank, few are, very few. Tanks that don't have threads at the bottom of the tank section to secure the tank together are secured by threads on the coil head instead, like the Nautilus, Atlantis, Cleito tanks and many other tanks, like some Eleaf Melo tanks.

Cleito coil

6Gflwg5.png

Nautilus coil

ubkKxEk.png

4min15sec in, it is press fit here at least.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    4min15sec in, it is press fit here at least.

Nope. The top cap screws onto the threads on the coil and secures the tank together. And the video shows that. The Nautilus (original) is the same way. The Atlantis is the same way. Just slightly different designs. So when its in your pocket, and when you pull it out, it would never just come apart. The video clearly shows this. It can't because the coil is screwed to the base. The coil acts as the securement point using top and bottom threads.

However, the Nautilus GT (unlike the original nautilus) does have bottom threads as it does not use the threads on the coil head for securement.

Regardless of the securement method, the cleito will not come apart in your pocket or when pulling it out of pocket by the tank. It has a secuerment method.

9.png

So if that's all that's stopping you from buying the cleito, nothing to fear. Go ahead and buy it. There's also an RBA head for it if you want to turn it into a rebuildable tank.

Last edited:

Anioda

Apr 5, 2021
    Nope. The top cap screws onto the threads on the coil and secures the tank together. And the video shows that. The Nautilus (original) is the same way. The Atlantis is the same way. Just slightly different designs. So when its in your pocket, and when you pull it out, it would never just come apart. The video clearly shows this. It can't because the coil is screwed to the base. The coil acts as the securement point using top and bottom threads.

However, the Nautilus GT (unlike the original nautilus) does have bottom threads as it does not use the threads on the coil head for securement.

Regardless of the securement method, the cleito will not come apart in your pocket or when pulling it out of pocket by the tank. It has a secuerment method.

9.png

So if that's all that's stopping you from buying the cleito, nothing to fear. Go ahead and buy it. There's also an RBA head for it if you want to turn it into a rebuildable tank.
    It just seems possible that the bottom might be able to come off, because it doesn't have it's own thread. Sorry, I am just a slightly bit skeptical because the bottom doesn't actually have a thread. I am so in need of that & there's apparently nothing out there.

But if you say it genuinely is leak & pocket proof, I'll take your word for it & buy it:)

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    But if you say it genuinely is leak & pocket proof

Before you buy it...

I never said it was leak proof. I was merely addressing your concern that it has no securement method (aka no bottom threading) and therefore would come apart just by pulling on it/pulling it out of your pocket.

Leaking is a completely different issue as most bottom airflow tanks that leak will leak from the airflow as excess juice gets into the coil head. Nothing to do with securement method of the tank, though.

• Informative
    Reactions: Anioda

Anioda

Apr 5, 2021
    Before you buy it...

I never said it was leak proof. I was merely addressing your concern that it has no securement method (aka no bottom threading) and therefore would come apart just by pulling on it/pulling it out of your pocket.

Leaking is a completely different issue as most bottom airflow tanks that leak will leak from the airflow as excess juice gets into the coil head. Nothing to do with securement method of the tank, though.
    Yes, it's more that the top doesn't come off (which this one can't, not a slide). It seems some leak more than others.

Regarding the air flow leak.
    As far as I can tell, tanks that has 70/30 VG recommended leaks more through the air flow. It being because a more solid substance is required/recommended - even if you do use 70 VG.

Is that correct?

Anioda

Apr 5, 2021
    I have read claims that thicker liquid reduces leakage into the airflow, but then I have read reports that it doesn't make a difference. I depends on the coil head I suppose.

Unfortunately, vaping is very much a "try it and see what works for you" sort of deal.
    Yes, but let's say 50-50 or 70-30, both works vs a recommended 70-30 - The 50-50 tank should properly leak less? Smaller air holes might also be better, which the Cleito does have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread