Hi there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well. I want to buy ... Tauren mech. I see that topic - Tauren and the auto-firing debacle
But i DONT understand why its happend. Maybe you can tell me? Please..
I can't help you understand why this mech had an auto-firing issue other than it had a "sometimes" defective fire button. One poster said that the manufacturer had fixed the problem, but is that one comment good enough for you?

I personally would avoid that mod like the plague unless I had 100% evidence that the problem had been corrected by the manufacturer. I couldn't enjoy using it with the thought always in the back of my head, "Is this mod safe for me to vape?"

• Agree
Reactions: BrotherBob

Self Indicted

Dec 10, 2018
I can't help you understand why this mech had an auto-firing issue other than it had a "sometimes" defective fire button. One poster said that the manufacturer had fixed the problem, but is that one comment good enough for you?

I personally would avoid that mod like the plague unless I had 100% evidence that the problem had been corrected by the manufacturer. I couldn't enjoy using it with the thought always in the back of my head, "Is this mod safe for me to vape?"

I'm just trying to understand why this happened. I want to understand why this problem occurred at all, technically and physically. How the button works, I understand, but because of what the problem is - I do not understand

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Tell me please how i can write PM here?
They’re called “conversations”. Click on the avatar then “start a conversation”. You may not have privileges yet. There are levels to what you are and aren’t allowed to do here based on how long you’ve been registered and how active you are. I’m not sure what they are.

Reactions: Self Indicted

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm just trying to understand why this happened. I want to understand why this problem occurred at all, technically and physically. How the button works, I understand, but because of what the problem is - I do not understand
Welcome and glad you joined, great questions.
I'm just trying to understand why this happened.
Best guess answers: Problems like this generally occur because a manufacturer fails to properly test it's product before releasing it the general public.
I want to understand why this problem occurred at all, technically and physically.
The design rules of successfully establishing a product were not followed.
How the button works, I understand, but because of what the problem is - I do not understand
I suspect the problem lies in greed/education. It cost a little bit of money to stop this kind of failure. Case in point, for the better part of 60 years, the American car companies focus on short term profits. Not a recipe for success (ref company Japan).

Self Indicted

Dec 10, 2018
Welcome and glad you joined, great questions.
I'm just trying to understand why this happened.
Best guess answers: Problems like this generally occur because a manufacturer fails to properly test it's product before releasing it the general public.
I want to understand why this problem occurred at all, technically and physically.
The design rules of successfully establishing a product were not followed.
How the button works, I understand, but because of what the problem is - I do not understand
I suspect the problem lies in greed/education. It cost a little bit of money to stop this kind of failure. Case in point, for the better part of 60 years, the American car companies focus on short term profits. Not a recipe for success (ref company Japan).

I just want to understand why this is happening. Because the upper part of the button is insulated and if the ball falls on its side - nothing should happen. That's why I ask.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I don’t own this mech but just from watching a disassembly my perspective as why it may auto fire is…. When the button is pressed, a bearing pushes a clutch type system that separates 4 contact plates. There is nothing within the button that I can see that forces these plates back to a non contact position. With other designs, these plates are pulled back by an elastic o-ring which this button seems to lack.

Self Indicted

Dec 10, 2018
Seriously, I'd move on and find something else. Have you used mech mods yet?
Yes.
I like Tauren.
It looks cool and not expensive. I'm just trying to understand what the button error is.
I don’t own this mech but just from watching a disassembly my perspective as why it may auto fire is…. When the button is pressed, a bearing pushes a clutch type system that separates 4 contact plates. There is nothing within the button that I can see that forces these plates back to a non contact position. With other designs, these plates are pulled back by an elastic o-ring which this button seems to lack.

If the petals touch the side, nothing will happen. After all, for the ball to be in contact, it must lie on these petals and touch the top of the button that is inside the isolator.
Petals should not come back, it does not matter.
The fire is due to the fact that the petals are pushing the ball and driving it into a hole in the insulator.
Or i am wrong?
Tauren_Mod_13__86567.1530652269.jpg

thc_tauren_mech_mod_50__1.jpg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Yes.
I like Tauren.
It looks cool and not expensive. I'm just trying to understand what the button error is.

If the petals touch the side, nothing will happen. After all, for the ball to be in contact, it must lie on these petals and touch the top of the button that is inside the isolator.
Petals should not come back, it does not matter.
The fire is due to the fact that the petals are pushing the ball and driving it into a hole in the insulator.
Or i am wrong?
Tauren_Mod_13__86567.1530652269.jpg

thc_tauren_mech_mod_50__1.jpg

And those tolerances are exact? The bearing will never be in contact with both the battery plate and the petals at the same time if the button is not pushed? There is no other way this device can fire on it’s own.

Self Indicted

Dec 10, 2018
And those tolerances are exact? The bearing will never be in contact with both the battery plate and the petals at the same time if the button is not pushed? There is no other way this device can fire on it’s own.
Exactly! Ball should not touch them simultaneously if the button is not pressed.
I think this man had some kind of marriage. If the ball touched from time to time on its own at the same time these two parts - I think there would be the entire Internet about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread