Hi there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Roche

Mar 7, 2022
Hey everyone.

New member & mainly joined looking for some help/advice if possible. I've been 50/50 between vaping & cigarettes the past 2 years. I want to go to 100% vaping but I think i'm just not doing it correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using a Innokin Coolfire Z50 with a Zlide tank. Innokin Z coil 0.8 ohm. I've recently switched to using 70/30 e-liquid (Ultimate Puff Candy Drops) and it seems to be burning out really quickly on me. Less than a day and I'm getting a burning taste. Any idea where I am going wrong?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bliss Doubt

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
A lot of things can affect how long a coil lasts, but a day is awfully short. If you don't mind answering a few questions, someone around here should be able to help you track down the problem.
  • What wattage are you vaping at?
  • Does the burning taste happen when the juice in your tank is low, or is it random?
  • You say you just switched juices - were you vaping the same way with your previous juice (same settings and coils) and, if so, did your coils last longer with it?
Assuming your juice is 70VG/30PG, the VG might be a bit high for the Zlide combined with the way you vape. If that's the case, you have a number of options:
  • Find a juice with a higher proportion of PG - 40 or 50% PG might be better.
  • Vape slower, with more breaks between puffs.
  • Add a tiny amount (maybe 1%) of distilled water to your juice and shake well before vaping.
Good luck!

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Hey everyone.

New member & mainly joined looking for some help/advice if possible. I've been 50/50 between Vaping & cigarettes the past 2 years. I want to go to 100% vaping but I think i'm just not doing it correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using a Innokin Coolfire Z50 with a Zlide tank. Innokin Z coil 0.8 ohm. I've recently switched to using 70/30 E-liquid (Ultimate Puff Candy Drops) and it seems to be burning out really quickly on me. Less than a day and I'm getting a burning taste. Any idea where I am going wrong?

What wattage are you running the coils at? The 0.8 ohms Z coil is rated for 15-18 watts. It's okay to run the coil lower, but if you are running it higher, you will get a burned out coil.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Once you get your equipment and liquids worked out, with the advice I see already given in this thread, this was my method for getting from dual use, both smoking and vaping, to my permanent cigarette quit day:

Always see it as a choice. In every instance, you are the boss. You are always reminding yourself that your goal is to get your vaping experience the way you want it, so that cigarettes are no longer an attraction. In each moment of craving, will you vape or will you smoke? Choose vaping when you can. Choose smoking when it has to be a smoke, but gradually your own intention will take over. As you get your vaping experience right, so that you enjoy it more and more, your craving will equally move away from cigarettes. It doesn't mean that your quit day won't be a bit of a crisis. Mine was. I struggled with it all of that long day. There is an emotional as well as a physical component to it.

I did succeed on my quit day, never had any more moments of crisis after that day, have never looked back, except to remember what a miracle it was that vaping allowed me to quit smoking.

I hope that helps you. I remember a turning point for me, one very cold night when I could hardly wait to get home, warm up and relax with big mouthfuls of vapor, a brandy and a movie.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Hey everyone.

New member & mainly joined looking for some help/advice if possible. I've been 50/50 between Vaping & cigarettes the past 2 years. I want to go to 100% vaping but I think i'm just not doing it correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using a Innokin Coolfire Z50 with a Zlide tank. Innokin Z coil 0.8 ohm. I've recently switched to using 70/30 E-liquid (Ultimate Puff Candy Drops) and it seems to be burning out really quickly on me. Less than a day and I'm getting a burning taste. Any idea where I am going wrong?
    Hello there. Are you priming your coils? Someone else may have already mentioned this I just briefly scanned through. But the coils should be primed and just in case you don't know what that is or aren't doing it and I never come back here to explain I'll give you an idea. Before you put the coil in the atomizer drop a few drops of juice down the middle of it where you can see the cotton and the metal that is the coil and if it has any little cutouts in the side where you can see cotton drip a tiny little bit of juice there too. Then put your coil in like you usually would put your tank back together. Go ahead and fill her up with the juice that you used to prime it otherwise it's going to be a funky mix lol and then let it sit for 5 minutes minimum. Before you take your first drag make sure that your wattage is lower than you usually use it as since it's a new coil and that's called breaking it in. Then you gradually can go back up to whatever wattage you usually vape. If you're already doing all those things or something very similar then you're doing it right there are a few different varieties some people don't bother putting the liquid on the coil They simply put the coil in the tank and let it sit for a while and I don't think there's anything wrong with that It's not what I do but I don't see why that wouldn't work just as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread