The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi, what coil ( or coil wick) does this RDA use?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by vapeboi777111, Jan 19, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vapeboi777111

vapeboi777111 Full Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Sorry, i am new to vaping. i bought this "SXK Solo Style RDA 1:1 Vape1 squonk mod"

i wonder what type or size of coil or coil wick does it use? preferably prembuilt.thanks

err3r3.jpg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. vapeboi777111

Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. vapeboi777111

Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Smokey James

Smokey James Full Member

Jan 19, 2019
    The type of coil you use is up to you. The only thing is that depending upon the wattage/voltage and /or temps of the mod your putting this rda on, you had better have a thorough understanding of Ohms Law so as not to blow your hand or mouth off! I'm using a Dead Rabbit RTA, with dual 0.36 ohm coils. My coils fit the tank and don't get shorted. You have to watch that. My mod for these coils attains 200 watts. However, I have the temperature set to 250°F and it works awesome. As I'm using "Stoner's Delight" by: "Vapes Gone Wild", the flavor is just absolutely unbelievable!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    You are limited only by your imagination, your coil and wick installation skills, and yeah, the size of the chamber, don't go putting a 10 mm coil in there, it's not gonna fit.

Also, sometimes it can be good to watch (some) reviewers build and wick your new tank. it can (in some cases) be useful as far as just building and wicking it generally.

Otherwise, play around to your heart's content although I will say (even though I'm playing around a bit t the moment with more exotic coils, for fun) they are not necessarily better than a simple round wire build. Etc.

Good luck,

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

One important thing: What mod are you going to use it with? Regulated, non regulated, mechanical?
    Stick to Kanthal, 0.5 ohm coils for the time being. You might need to stretch coils a little bit to make it fit.
    I'd start with something like this.
    Demon Killer 8-in-1 Coil Prebuilt Set | 8 Different Styles

You'll have enough styles to try what you like best

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    "Avoid coils over 3mm inside diameter,"

Can't agree with that. As long as the coil isn't touching/shorting the atty out what size coils you can use in them is your choice.

I have ran a SS316L-26 4mm (inside diameter), 5 wrap, .45Ω coil with 4mm RxW in it since day one in a SXK Black Solo without any issues (on a Pico Squeeze when out and about on wee hours of the night errands). I also have 3mm (and 1.7mm) RxW that could be used in it, but I like big coils for my DLH's.

solo-goon-waspnano.jpg

@vapeboi777111, as a new vaper safety first should be considered (especially if you use mech mods). If you don't have an OHM Resistance Reader to check your atty for shorts after it's coiled and BEFORE you put it on a mod and fire it, they are cheap insurance for as little as $6-$7. If you already knew this, well, it was offered just in case you didn't.

Ohms_Tester.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I notice the post screws are missing in the pic. Without those it won’t use anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

• Like Like x 1
  12. homeuser6

homeuser6 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    brightwood,or.,usa