Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GShelly

Dec 31, 2017
My name is Shelly, I been vaping for about a year & I'm still learning about mods, tanks & vaping in general. I just got a Smok procolor w/a baby beast tank. I got the X4 coils for it. So do I use F° or C? What do I use SS, Ni, W, M? From what I have figured out I don't want to use Ti. Thanks for any help & nice to meet everyone.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, if they're not blue or red, then I guess black is probably Kanthal (by default.) Are you talking about the small O-ring wrapped around near the bottom of the coil? Or your tank? I'm just checking.

Regardless, if they're smok drop in coils, they will not work in TC mode. I've generally had more luck with TC using my own coils and an RTA, I don't think there are that many TC coils that do a fantastic job, or at least I have not encountered them yet.... :)

Anna

Reactions: Possum64

GShelly

Dec 31, 2017
Also make sure the coils are fully saturated before vaping.
The TC coils are usually color coded. ie. titanium usually has a red oring around them. Ni usually has blue.
That is good. That is the color used for Kanthal. So wattage or power mode is what you want. That is the regular default of your mod, so you are good to go.

:)
I'm vaping 30.0w & I'm in M mode setting on my procolor, I turned it down to normal instead of hard hitting & it seems too be working better, they should have a guide to vaping for dummies. lol

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
My name is Shelly, I been vaping for about a year & I'm still learning about mods, tanks & vaping in general. I just got a Smok procolor w/a baby beast tank. I got the X4 coils for it. So do I use F° or C? What do I use SS, Ni, W, M? From what I have figured out I don't want to use Ti. Thanks for any help & nice to meet everyone.

Hello & Wecome on board! It’s a great place to learn a lot of vape info!!! And everyone is really nice & helpful!

Happy New Years!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm vaping 30.0w & I'm in M mode setting on my procolor, I turned it down to normal instead of hard hitting & it seems too be working better, they should have a guide to vaping for dummies. lol
I think the "M' mode is for when you store a setting you like and don't have to reset with each battery change. Usually used with TC.
If you can put it in wattage and play with that for a little bit it might be easier on the mod and for you to get to understand what all the settings do. Did it come with a manual on how to use it? That should tell you how to get it back into wattage. Sometimes those instructions can be hard to follow because of the language barrier, so common sense helps you also.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread